AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any options better than his price in your opinion?

Guerra is the most expensive back I can get

Do you trust Guerra to stay healthy though? Apart from last year (where he played 22 games), he hasnt played more than 15 games in a season since 2002. And considering he is coming back from a bad hammy, I would be steering clear of him for the moment.

I'm really not enjoying seeing Ablett dominate as he is doing. It's really isn't an issue that he's scoring amazing and i don't have him but more that Corey is starting to get much more attention. Teams have just found that Ablett really can't be held down. I'd say more and more teams will just put their best midfield on Ablett and go head-to-head rather than sacrificing one of their players because he's just unstoppable at the moment. IIRC this same situation happened when Judd was at his best at the Eagles, teams just decided he couldn't be stopped and started paying much more attention to Kerr.

Probably going to get Bartel this week because he is way to hard to pass on at the moment, especially now there's a break. This will then mean both Corey and Bartel in my team and as a result, will have to worry about tags each week now. Aahh, why do you have to be so good Ablett :p

Why did Mitchell have to fluke such a good score :p

Its left me with no Gun options to upgrade Masten to

Im looking at Montagna, even though he hasnt been in the greatest of form, I like the look of this chap

The other options are

Juddy
Wells
Kerr
Macdonald

Yes I know im scrapping the barrel, but it needs to be done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Situation:

4 trades left, $22,000 cash.

Midfield and forwardline all playing with 1 or 2 emergencies playing.

Rucks - Cox and Simmonds with no emgs playing.

Backline - Includes PBurg and Cornes with SDT and Selwood the emergencies.

Now, unless SDT/Selwood get a call up, I will be playing with 2 0's. This is not good given I'm 19th overall and am going for the overall win (not worried about league). Have a few options...

1. Trade Cornes/Burg for 2 gun defenders up to $648k - still no playing emgs.
2. Trade SDT for playing rookie, trade Cornes or Burg for gun defender, keep the other.
3. Trade one of the 2 injured players and cop a 0.
4. Cop 2 0's :eek:
5. Trade SDT and Cornes for Myers and Mcleod - have playing emg and Mcleod.

Not all of those are necessarily realistic, but I thought I'd just put it down to get opinions. Options 1 or 2 looking likely.

Thoughts... Help??

Whos better to start?

Scott Welsh or Jarryd Morton ...

Or i could downgrade wona and upgrade welsh to chapman or richo etc. .. but that would take 2 trades
Youd think that the chad is goone and must be traded out this week ?

Whos better to start?

Scott Welsh or Jarryd Morton ...

Or i could downgrade wona and upgrade welsh to chapman or richo etc. .. but that would take 2 trades
Youd think that the chad is goone and must be traded out this week ?

Definately use the two trades. The aim is to get the best posible players into your team as soon as posible. If you were to bring in Morton it would require another trade later on to upgrade him to a premium. Also, he is no certainty to keep his spot, sure he had a good one last week but he may be dropped at some stage.

In regards to the Chad just wait and see. Remember this week is the split round and even if he misses this week that will be 3 weeks away from footy which may be enough time to get his body right. Same goes for P.Burger and Hayes....

Why did Mitchell have to fluke such a good score :p

Its left me with no Gun options to upgrade Masten to

Im looking at Montagna, even though he hasnt been in the greatest of form, I like the look of this chap

The other options are

Juddy
Wells
Kerr
Macdonald

Yes I know im scrapping the barrel, but it needs to be done

I agree! It left me getting put out of the eliminator by 13 points...

damn you Mitchell!

I have chapman, mackie, steve J and Milburn. 4 geelong players
i have palmer and i can do a straight swap from palmer > Joel Corey,Bartell and i could get ablett. What do people think about having 5 players from the same team? or is 4 pushing it?

i have palmer and i can do a straight swap from palmer > Joel Corey,Bartell and i could get ablett. What do people think about having 5 players from the same team? or is 4 pushing it?

If it's getting Ablett, I don't think it matters what you're team is... :D

It's ABLETT!

Situation:

4 trades left, $22,000 cash.

Midfield and forwardline all playing with 1 or 2 emergencies playing.

Rucks - Cox and Simmonds with no emgs playing.

Backline - Includes PBurg and Cornes with SDT and Selwood the emergencies.

Now, unless SDT/Selwood get a call up, I will be playing with 2 0's. This is not good given I'm 19th overall and am going for the overall win (not worried about league). Have a few options...

1. Trade Cornes/Burg for 2 gun defenders up to $648k - still no playing emgs.
2. Trade SDT for playing rookie, trade Cornes or Burg for gun defender, keep the other.
3. Trade one of the 2 injured players and cop a 0.
4. Cop 2 0's :eek:
5. Trade SDT and Cornes for Myers and Mcleod - have playing emg and Mcleod.

Not all of those are necessarily realistic, but I thought I'd just put it down to get opinions. Options 1 or 2 looking likely.

Thoughts... Help??

Thoughts on this guys? I think it got lost on the previous page.

The only reason I would worry about having too many players from the one team is if you would like an even spread so that you can take an interest in all games. If you are just worried about your DT score then it makes no difference! Ablett is superstar and it is very tempting to get him but if you look at the $/mean column in ffgenie there may be better options. I think that Murphy is looking very tempting this week. I know that there is the consideration of captain selection but it might be another way of looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back