AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg, three things:
1) Post your team, if its so good lets see it.
2) It's not difficult to jump 2000 spots when you're ranked 5000th! :rolleyes:
3) Leave KouDogg alone what did he do to you anyway? Plus its pretty obvious he is caning you.

Your wonderful high ranking of 46th was it? is about to blow out to around 4600 in the next month. If you weren't such a noob you would have saved your trades and could be in a half decent position still. Better luck next year :thumbsdown: haha

You are higher than me for now. But there's 8 games left and i'm gonna be flying past you in no time! Went from 5000 to 3000 after last week psss!

I'm over myself, but i can't get over how good my team is :eek:

A bit rich coming from you sunshine.

Little children, huddle around and let me tell you a story about a special person called "the egg".

If I recall correctly, "the egg" was the biggest sponge of these boards last year, and was ranked in the top 50 at this point last year. This was "the egg's" first serious year in DT, and he thought he had a chance. Little did he know that you need to save your trades to compete at the pointy end of the season.

We tried to warn "the egg" but his ranking subsequently plummeted.

Moral of the story, "the egg", stop being such a pointy nosed hypocrite, you were this "noob" last year sponging off these boards. Get over yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im already oraginsing my team for 09:rolleyes:

1. Pick an aboulete star backline.
2. Pick Ablett,Swan,Bartel a unique midfeild pick(.B.Green type)
3. Pick Cox
4. Get Pav,Brown, R.Murphy, R. O keffe
5. Pick first round draft picks as my rookies.
6. Look at players in thier 3-4 years
7. Dont listen to Bigfooty members like the Egg

3. Pick Cox
6.Look at players in thier 3-4 years

What is picking an absolute star backline going to do, the problem this year has been injuries and loss of form to quality players. Oh and you do realise there's a salary cap too? You're talking about picking up potentially 16 guns straight off the bat, not going to happen.

A bit rich coming from you sunshine.

Little children, huddle around and let me tell you a story about a special person called "the egg".

If I recall correctly, "the egg" was the biggest sponge of these boards last year, and was ranked in the top 50 at this point last year. This was "the egg's" first serious year in DT, and he thought he had a chance. Little did he know that you need to save your trades to compete at the pointy end of the season.

We tried to warn "the egg" but his ranking subsequently plummeted.

Moral of the story, "the egg", stop being such a pointy nosed hypocrite, you were this "noob" last year sponging off these boards. Get over yourself.

LoL thats gold....:thumbsu:

And yes the egg lets see your team and compare it to mine, we will then see who is better....ok mate?

What is picking an absolute star backline going to do, the problem this year has been injuries and loss of form to quality players. Oh and you do realise there's a salary cap too? You're talking about picking up potentially 16 guns straight off the bat, not going to happen.

Ill pick around 12 guns hows it 16?. And i dont want to have to keep on worrying about my backline.
Well off this topic its still 08.

I don't know where you got this theory from. In my opinion picking a mid priced backline is best. If you started the year with a star studded backline:

Cornes
Bowden
Burgoyne
McPhee
Drummond
Shaw
Fisher

look at where you'd be and look at how much money you'd have left to spend. It's a myth that picking a star studded backline is needed.

3. Pick Cox
6. Look at players in thier 3-4 years
7. Dont listen to Bigfooty members like the Egg

You won't have enough money for Cox, Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Green, Pavlich, J.Brown, Bob Murphy and O'keefe and a 'star backline'(C.Cornes, H.Shaw, Bock, Goddard, Milburn ect ect) Not to mention first round draft picks are slightly more expensive then normal rookies.

Sounds good in theory. But it just doesn't work that way unfortuantly

You won't have enough money for Cox, Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Green, Pavlich, J.Brown, Bob Murphy and O'keefe and a 'star backline'(C.Cornes, H.Shaw, Bock, Goddard, Milburn ect ect) Not to mention first round draft picks are slightly more expensive then normal rookies.

Sounds good in theory. But it just doesn't work that way unfortuantly

Yeh true. Jeez didnt know saying what i said would get so much attention:p.
I wont get all of them guys mentioned just chucking up some names

When it comes to picking up guns early on, its important to look at those players who WONT dramatically come down in price during the year.

Players like Pavlich, Chornes (usually) and Cox hold their price at around 400k.

Players like Brown, Brad Johnson (anomaly this year) and Riewoldt are example of players whose prices fluctuate throughout the season.

The players who fall in price can be picked up later on during the year at bargain prices.

When it comes to picking up guns early on, its important to look at those players who WONT dramatically come down in price during the year.

Players like Pavlich, Chornes (usually) and Cox hold their price at around 400k.

Players like Brown, Brad Johnson (anomaly this year) and Riewoldt are example of players whose prices fluctuate throughout the season.

The players who fall in price can be picked up later on during the year at bargain prices.

Also players that if they can get a full pre season can be guns. Malceski, Walker, Drummond, S.Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back