Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

BigAntStudios lets say in hypotheticals that WW fold, Big Ant takes back the licence of AFL games. Based on what you’ve seen with the past 2 Evolution games, whats the first thing you’re changing/adding?

Clearly sock height is at the top of the list :D

The Golf Club's course sharing wasn't too far behind that year, if memory serves me correct. ;)
Vaguely recall the special permissions from first-party, but generally Sony/MS were pretty good about it (surprisingly). Kudos to BA on getting that through - no doubt paved the way for other devs looking to share user content x-platform.

Yeah, we worked on it for a number of years, getting it through the platform holders was pretty hard, we got it through in 2012 for 2013. The biggest issue for cross platform content/play is that a Sony user cannot be reprimanded or even identifiable to Xbox, and vice versa - they lose control of the content and potential abuse. Once we got it through though, other studios were able to use us as a precedent to get theirs up and going - very few still do it today, mostly HB and WW.

It's the same issue for cross-platform play, let's say an Xbox user griefs a Sony user, what can Sony do about it?

The Chicago Bulls documentary on Netflix is really exposing the AFL’s lack of adequate brand development. No real entertainment value outside of the game itself, with restricted media and restricted players.

The AFL should really get serious and look to take serious steps. Things like developing their own streaming service, displaying both matches and features depicting in-depth behind the scenes looks into our teams.

The should be putting the proper investment into a quality AFL game. They need to allow developers who know, care, live, and breathe football; not people who (allegedly) use grimy underhanded tactics to make a quick buck at the expense of our AFL (see Ross’ post).

I suspect that BigAnt, if given another opportunity, would meet the demands within a reasonable development period. Their prior AFL work (albeit old) combined with the wide range of features and usable data (from stadiums to physics) in their recent sports titles should make a smoother transition.

I’d love to see what they could do, but it’ll never happen.

Got the game today after it got lost by Australia Post.

In the two games I've played, there has been no commentary. Is there a patch I'm supposed to download?
If you have not found a solution yet, from https://www.wickedsports.com.au/community/issues-and-bugs/faq-common-problems-and-solutions

I can't hear the game commentary

The commentary is set to come out of the central speaker for surround sound setups.

If your sound configuration is set up to use a central speaker but you don't have one connected

this issue can occur. Adjusting your speaker setup should solve this issue.

It's the same issue for cross-platform play, let's say an Xbox user griefs a Sony user, what can Sony do about it?
Yeah exactly, cross-platform play is still very much a grey area, despite it being seen as a general positive thing to try bring together the whole community of the one game for online play, it does make things harder to police griefing play tactics thats for sure. It would take a lot to get Sony and MS to also agree on "cross-platform complaints". :)

I think the guidelines around cross-play these days generally deal with the restrictions on voice chat and typed chat pretty well - though its been a little while since I last read an up-to-date TRC doc. And I do like the emergence of more cross-play games needing to make clever use of quick chat/emote chat instead, to cater for when players in your sesh are not of same platform. But yeah, working around the chat thing is minor, compared to the griefing/reporting issue.

Still, would be cool to see more sport games (beyond Rocket League) adopt online cross-play this new generation, especially as eSports become bigger. But there needs to be more partnership between the consoles to allow proper identification of user+platform in games, at the least.

Again, for those who keep banging on about “dumb AI behaviour” (and that actually have the game), have you actually tried increasing the “CPU Pressure Awareness” slider up to the 70s or 80s?

I haven’t had more than 2 out on the fulls in my 7.5min qtr games since moving this slider, along with slight reduction in “play on” slider also (not sure if this matters).

Frustrating for it to happen, even more frustrating to see the same people continually whinge about the game when they have a potential solution available to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also cant do it online

plus bad ai and bugs isn’t limited to out on the full

like how many times does it have to be said before it drops in people's head
Dunno but you could try constantly bitching for another couple months and see if anyone cares?

Yeah exactly, cross-platform play is still very much a grey area, despite it being seen as a general positive thing to try bring together the whole community of the one game for online play, it does make things harder to police griefing play tactics thats for sure. It would take a lot to get Sony and MS to also agree on "cross-platform complaints". :)

I think the guidelines around cross-play these days generally deal with the restrictions on voice chat and typed chat pretty well - though its been a little while since I last read an up-to-date TRC doc. And I do like the emergence of more cross-play games needing to make clever use of quick chat/emote chat instead, to cater for when players in your sesh are not of same platform. But yeah, working around the chat thing is minor, compared to the griefing/reporting issue.

Still, would be cool to see more sport games (beyond Rocket League) adopt online cross-play this new generation, especially as eSports become bigger. But there needs to be more partnership between the consoles to allow proper identification of user+platform in games, at the least.

I’m sure theres a element of (for example in this generation) Sony has the big lead in sales and playerbase, why should they help Xbox with crossplay? Although as a player I would want to see it when possible.

I’m sure theres a element of (for example in this generation) Sony has the big lead in sales and playerbase, why should they help Xbox with crossplay? Although as a player I would want to see it when possible.

Yep. People have forgotten that when Xbox had the one year lead into the market with the X360, they ruled out cross-platform play with PS3 for exactly that market share reason (even thought PS3 ruled by the end of the generation).

Long time lurker, found this forum when hunting around last year looking for a release date of the then mythical AFL Evo 2.
Checked in again a few weeks ago and was delighted that the game was 1) real and 2) released!

Have experienced many of the bizarre bugs that others have mentioned (even reported a few on the WW forums) however got one on the weekend that motivated me to sign up and share.

To replicate;
XB1X, upped the quarter length to 10 mins as I was aiming for the 'get 40+ disposals achievement', playing on Senior level.
39th possession was a mark, then kicked a goal (my 40th), which triggered the achievement...
So far, so good.
Then.... someone that was definitely not Huddo or Garry Lyon jumped in and said;
"That's... number 5".

:oops:

Anyone else had this happen? Scared the shit out of me to have a random voice pipe in to my headset.
Maybe it's a placeholder audio file that they never replaced?

Long time lurker, found this forum when hunting around last year looking for a release date of the then mythical AFL Evo 2.
Checked in again a few weeks ago and was delighted that the game was 1) real and 2) released!

Have experienced many of the bizarre bugs that others have mentioned (even reported a few on the WW forums) however got one on the weekend that motivated me to sign up and share.

To replicate;
XB1X, upped the quarter length to 10 mins as I was aiming for the 'get 40+ disposals achievement', playing on Senior level.
39th possession was a mark, then kicked a goal (my 40th), which triggered the achievement...
So far, so good.
Then.... someone that was definitely not Huddo or Garry Lyon jumped in and said;
"That's... number 5".

Anyone else had this happen? Scared the shit out of me to have a random voice pipe in to my headset.

Not sure if WW do this, but our audio engineer will record all of the commentary lines so that the team can implement and test them well before the actual commentary is recorded. This allows for fine tuning of the script, etc. and less requirement to do "pick ups" with the voice talent. Perhaps WW do the same, and as you suggest, the line wasn't replaced :)

Again, for those who keep banging on about “dumb AI behaviour” (and that actually have the game), have you actually tried increasing the “CPU Pressure Awareness” slider up to the 70s or 80s?

I haven’t had more than 2 out on the fulls in my 7.5min qtr games since moving this slider, along with slight reduction in “play on” slider also (not sure if this matters).

Frustrating for it to happen, even more frustrating to see the same people continually whinge about the game when they have a potential solution available to them.
Big props to the people like you providing solutions as opposed to the people saying "someone shouldn't have to provide this solution, its the devs job". Of course the devs should be making better default gameplay, but if alternatively the gaming community can offer suggestions via sliders to amend some of the flaws (in offline mode at least) then at least that's a productive use of everyone's time.

It's a much simpler version of custom user created content and I'm grateful for the suggestions people have put forward so far.

To replicate;
So far, so good.
"That's... number 5".

Quality username mang.

You also cant do it online

plus bad ai and bugs isn’t limited to out on the full

like how many times does it have to be said before it drops in people's head
You can’t change the sliders to stop players kicking it out on the full while playing online?
Lucky there’s a solution - you’re playing a human...

Why bitch about “I shouldn’t have to change the sliders“, but then say “I’m already on legend difficulty“.
So you are (not you specifically) already changing a slider. Why not up another one if youre not happy with the AIs intelligence.

just played another 30min game then, ONE AI out on the full. If anything that’s not enough.
I have pressure awareness slider up around mid 70s, and the tackle awareness and another awareness slider up around the same number.

it quite literally would have been quicker to change 3 sliders than write the bitching posts on here “I shouldn’t have to do that”

If you dare say anything bad about the game its whinging/bitching.
Lol. Difference between one bad comment and posting every single day complaining and liking every single negative post lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back