Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of people have mentioned how good it is that Big Ant are in this thread but all I've seen are pot shots at Wicked Witch and 50 different posts from them about being sponsors of Carlton's AFLW team

Ignoring the fact that most of my posts are actually about game dev, and the Carlton sponsorship post above was in response to a question... and there are a total of 2 posts on it.... yeah, I guess 2 is close enough to 50.

Last edited:
I had a go at them but to be fair Wicked Witch aren't even responding... Pretty shit from them

Goes to show what good a little communication and PR can do. Only have to check any other BA game thread from recent times, or just the Evo 2 prelaunch thread, and they were somewhat whipping boys around here. With just a little bit of good communication and this community's opinion has done a full 180. I'm sure the same would happen if WW posted here.

I love that we have a thread of passionate football and video game fans here with 119 pages filled of great ideas and legit feedback and the only game developer contributing to the conversation has nothing to do with the game's creation 🤦‍♂️
And the publisher of the game has no interest in this thread whatsoever despite being tagged 100 times

The one saving grace of this game is it never crashes on the loading match screen (before or after a match) like Evo 1 does on my PS4.

I put up with it on Evo 1 (yeah, I even did a full console wipe and everything... never fixed it) but man was it annoying. Especially if you finished a match and then it crashed, losing the progress.

Sorry if this has been missed at some point, is there a way to add custom made guernseys to WAFL teams for example?

I would say no. I haven't tried to scour the game completely but I can't see a viable way of actually doing it. You can't do it in the Fanhub, that's for sure.

I believe custom guernseys can only be applied to custom teams. I did post on the WW issues and bugs forum, suggesting it would make way more sense to be able to add custom guernseys to any team. Seems a bit pointless for people to make a heap of cool custom guernseys and not be able to use them beyond just custom teams.

There's a lot of limitations that would improve the customisation immensely if they would just lift them.

We want to improve the AI from AFL Evo 2 yet now you're telling me it'll be developed with Carlton? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

David Teague has been watching the AI bomb the ball out on the full from kickouts 5 times in a row and furiously scribbling notes

David Teague has been watching the AI bomb the ball out on the full from kickouts 5 times in a row and furiously scribbling notes
The amount of times I've had my Evo 2 team (Blues) give up a 4-5 goals headstart and then run the opposition down (or go down close) made me wonder if the simulation was a little too real.

I’m really enjoying the game so far.

I also really enjoyed AFL Live in 2011.

Neither are at Fifa’s level of flash, and neither allowed depth of customisation like Pro Evo - but both are hugely enjoyable.

I played against my nephew today with strong wind conditions blowing into one of the wings. Played amazingly realistic where i got a fortuitous lead, and then just bottled the ball up on the wing, winning the game with a paltry 3 goals 4 on the board.

It was Williamstown-esque. Brought a tear to the eye. :cool:

I’m really enjoying the game so far.

I also really enjoyed AFL Live in 2011.

Neither are at Fifa’s level of flash, and neither allowed depth of customisation like Pro Evo - but both are hugely enjoyable.

I played against my nephew today with strong wind conditions blowing into one of the wings. Played amazingly realistic where i got a fortuitous lead, and then just bottled the ball up on the wing, winning the game with a paltry 3 goals 4 on the board.

It was Williamstown-esque. Brought a tear to the eye. :cool:
ha ha. Have not played in windy conditions yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez.... that Wicked Sports forum for bug reporting....

WW: 'Bug reporting best practices. Post as much detail as possible, including platform, game version, and what you were doing to make it happen. Add screenshots/videos as well please.'

Users: I'll create a thread called 'my issues' not specific to one problem..... that'll contain duplicate bug posts from the known issues list....in a huge block of text.... which isn't descriptive at all.... calls everything a 'glitch'.... and has no mention of platform, version, why it happened, what it should do, etc....

This is why proper QA testers are worth their weight in gold! They know how to report and articulate the issues.

I had the exact same thought. I reported some positional cahnges with links to either newspaper articles or club websites but every other positional change comment is like "Dylan Shiel kicks on his right foot " with no other context or proof. Not even a Wikipedia link (which is all sorts of bad anyway). Some mod is going to have a lot of work to do over there.

ha ha. Have not played in windy conditions yet.

I think that's when it's at it's best - as windy as possible, adds some skill to the goal kicking, especially head to head.

I would say no. I haven't tried to scour the game completely but I can't see a viable way of actually doing it. You can't do it in the Fanhub, that's for sure.

I believe custom guernseys can only be applied to custom teams. I did post on the WW issues and bugs forum, suggesting it would make way more sense to be able to add custom guernseys to any team. Seems a bit pointless for people to make a heap of cool custom guernseys and not be able to use them beyond just custom teams.

There's a lot of limitations that would improve the customisation immensely if they would just lift them.

Unless I haven't figured out the trick it doesn't seem you can add existing players to custom teams without removing them from their current squad either? So you can't make State of Origin teams, because adding existing players removes them from their AFL teams.

All of them.

So many things are broken for a game that's been in development for half a decade, it can't be coincidence

And if there was a lick of QA done, not one of those people had watched a game of AFL in their life.

Take the CPU skipping pick 1 bug for instance. The game isn't broken as in it still functions, but it's something that would never happen in real life

Maybe the patch will come out with 150 fixes. That would be a fair result

I worked QA for a few years, I know how important it is to know the business from the ground up
You have played more than me so I expect I will come across all these (and more) soon... I hope they take up the feedback and sort this out as it could be a very good game.

Let us hope.

You have played more than me so I expect I will come across all these (and more) soon... I hope they take up the feedback and sort this out as it could be a very good game.

Let us hope.

I haven't played 1 second of Evo 2, just going by what everyone has posted here

I did enjoy Evo 1 tho

Unless I haven't figured out the trick it doesn't seem you can add existing players to custom teams without removing them from their current squad either? So you can't make State of Origin teams, because adding existing players removes them from their AFL teams.

That's right. But you can download state teams from the community, so that's a workaround. And it will download the facescan players.

Not so sure. I had Tom Papley on my team and he was also playing for Sydney against me last week some time.

That's right. But you can download state teams from the community, so that's a workaround. And it will download the facescan players.
Figured this out. Although there are some drawbacks... (see problems at the bottom first before attempting this)

- Move the licensed player from their team to your custom team. (Not a copy of the licen
- Upload custom team (just upload so you have access later, or upload and share to allow others to download it later)
- Goto Fanhub->Player Manager->Reset Player (to reset everything to default teams, remove custom players/teams).
- (optional) Download latest Evo data (the reset put back the original ratings)
- Goto Fanhub->Community->My Teams and download your custom team.

Now the licensed player will be in both teams. (Their original team, and your custom team).

Problems:
- Reset Player resets everything. All your custom players and teams will disappear... which is why you upload them to the community first...so you can re-download then.
- When you ‘Reset’ everything, and even redownload your custom players...any changes you may make to them thereafter would be uploaded as a new player...it wouldn’t just ‘update’ the custom player you already have in the community. (I.e I did this with a custom Stephen Milne... now I have 2 Stephen Milnes listed in the community... which isn’t good for anyone. :p)
- Ensure you don’t ‘copy and edit’ licensed players. Doing this causes issues in the online community system... one that even crashes the PS4....
Make sure you just move the licensed player to your team.
- if you’re team also has custom players that are downloaded from the community, those players may re-download as someone different... depends on how the original create made them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back