Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the consensus is that it's a pretty good effort so far? Was planning on focusing on Switch games over the next few months, but I am a bit skeptical about how this would go on Switch.

Why is the kick meter so frigging huge? It takes up 97% of the screen

Please, NES Footy and the first AFL Live were GOAT

I've played the majority of AFL games over the years (aside from the Wii versions, the psp game and the Kevin Sheedy game from the mid 90's). I'd actually say that the only game I genuinely hated was AFL Premiership 2005. It was really bad (and the set shot targeting was even easier than Evo/Evo2 :p). I was even more disappointed in it as AFL Live 2004 and AFL Live 2004 Premiership Edition were really solid games.

AFL 98 and 99 were pretty cool, I liked AFL '99 (pc) as it had the channel 7 graphics package which made it look more authentic.... and we also got a glimpse of 2008-era Bruce MacAvaney with various commentary bloopers found on the pc disc :D. I was pumped to get the Playstation version many months after the pc version's release, but it was not a very good console port of the pc release (barebones in comparison).

And yes like many others, I wanted Aussie Rules Footy in my youth..... it was featured on Aggro's Cartoon Connection.... and that made me want it even more :D. I was a happy chappy when I finally got a copy of my own.

Finally started my season with Freo.
**** what a battle, they just kept kicking great goals and I kept missing easy ones.
Won by 8 points but kept losing important marking contests.
Can't get set shots right at the moment.
Still not really liking the tackling, exactly the same as the last one.

Games haven't been pretty so far but very entertaining.
I just really need to spread the ball around but my guys are never free or running into space.
By the time I find someone who starts moving it just gets cluttered as all hell.
I'd just love to pass the ball around a bit but its always way too congested.

I agree about the camera as well, I need to find myself a better one.
I am actually playing a lot like Freo just bombing it forward.
It has actually been working somewhat alright but I could definitely be more efficient.

Also, I win heaps of hitouts but it always goes to the other team. Probably got belted in the clearances.

Last edited:
Round 3, took Carlton to the cleaners with a 49 point victory.

Pretty sure I’m ready to turn up the difficulty, but since it was Carlton I’ll see how I go against the Giants before changing anything.

Round 3, took Carlton to the cleaners with a 49 point victory.

Pretty sure I’m ready to turn up the difficulty, but since it was Carlton I’ll see how I go against the Giants before changing anything.
Huge jump in difficulty between rising star and senior, cpu can’t score on rising star, on senior they gave me a bath for the first two games before I cottoned on and managed to give them a game of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggling to adapt to the gameplay so far, finding myself spamming the handball button in close congestion and coughing the ball up, also my marking is way off. In my first game though against the suns, Jenkins gathered 16 touches and kicked 4 goals while Dangerfield could hardly get the pull haha.

Huge jump in difficulty between rising star and senior, cpu can’t score on rising star, on senior they gave me a bath for the first two games before I cottoned on and managed to give them a game of football.
I’ve been playing on senior, just hoping the jump to veteran isn’t too big.

I feel like there are some small new additions that make the game a bit more authentic , the standing tackles are decent , and I love how there can be so much space found for running into open goals etc. but the core basics are still a complete clusterfk. The Hail Mary hack kicks out of mid air are terrible and the constant confusion as to who even has control of the ball. Over all I feel like WW put way to much time and effort into face scans and graphics, when the basic gameplay could really be ironed out a lot better.

Feel like I'll be doing well against most people looking at what difficulty people are playing on. May have gotten myself a head start here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back