Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone that, like me, was going to spend lots of time creating custom teams but for each AFL team so you could use created jerseys: when you do that the team will run out to the last ones standing song, no words on the banner and the crowd won't do those new chants.

Not the worst thing so I'm still doing it for Port in my career mode with 10 different jerseys, but not doing it for the rest of the teams

The graphics are ps1 like
Doesn't look the same to me.
hqdefault.jpg
afl_evolution_2_screenshot_5_.jpg

I agree that sliders change the game massively, but should I really have to go in and balance everything so the game actually plays like football?
Yes. Because everyone has different ideas of what is “real footy”. Some love high scoring affairs, others like me prefer hard faught battles, and less end to end basketball stuff.
Same goes for possession footy. Some love keepings off control, and others want high speed, risk taking footy.

Then you get into the whole “arcade vs sim” argument. Many just want to jump in, and play without in depth stuff. They want a quick arcade like game.
Others like me prefer more simulator like gameplay. This is a huge challenge in the 2K wwe games, and something they continually get worse at balancing.

At least here sliders are a massive godsend.
You can tweak the game to be exactly how you want footy to be played! And then also tweak further as your skills improve (I’ve always been an advocate of playing on the highest difficulty, then tweaking sliders to let you be competitive in games - leads to smartest possible AI)

Thought I might as well give a crack at Fremantle's ratings myself, let me know of any changes I should make:

Fyfe- 96
Walters- 92
Mundy- 88
Lobb- 86
Ryan- 85
Hamling- 84
Hogan- 84
Pearce- 83
Hill- 81
Wilson- 80
Acres- 79
Aish- 79
Matera- 79
Darcy- 78
Brayshaw- 78
Tucker- 78
Cerra- 77
McCarthy- 77
Conca- 77
Blakely- 76
Taberner- 76
Logue- 76
Hughes- 75
Switkowski- 75
Banfield- 74
Cox- 74
Crowden- 74
Sturt- 74
Duman- 73
Young- 73
Strong- 73
Colyer- 73
Henry- 72
Schultz- 72
Bewley- 71
Dixon- 71
Carter- 70
Watson- 70
Valente- 70
O'Reilly- 69
Pina- 69
Frederick- 69
Meek- 68
North- 68
Butters- 67
Thomas- 66

Yes. Because everyone has different ideas of what is “real footy”. Some love high scoring affairs, others like me prefer hard faught battles, and less end to end basketball stuff.
Same goes for possession footy. Some love keepings off control, and others want high speed, risk taking footy.

Then you get into the whole “arcade vs sim” argument. Many just want to jump in, and play without in depth stuff. They want a quick arcade like game.
Others like me prefer more simulator like gameplay. This is a huge challenge in the 2K wwe games, and something they continually get worse at balancing.

At least here sliders are a massive godsend.
You can tweak the game to be exactly how you want footy to be played! And then also tweak further as your skills improve (I’ve always been an advocate of playing on the highest difficulty, then tweaking sliders to let you be competitive in games - leads to smartest possible AI)
Sure, that happens with a game like fifa too, but you can still play a game that feels pretty realistic straight out of the box compared to something like this.

love that they have given us the ability to tune the game to suit what we are all individually looking for, just would have been nice to have seen it be better tuned without having to go in and change it all myself.

Sure, that happens with a game like fifa too, but you can still play a game that feels pretty realistic straight out of the box compared to something like this.

love that they have given us the ability to tune the game to suit what we are all individually looking for, just would have been nice to have seen it be better tuned without having to go in and change it all myself.
Soccer is a thousand times easier game to simulate. Pretty stupid to compare the 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, sliders worked too well - not complaining, just a bit heavy-handed from me.
I was up 92-0 on Senior so I bumped it to Vet which made it a bit more competitive but bit too easy.
Went to All Australian and it was relatively even but I was still too clean on goal so I've changed most of the sliders to make it harder.
Guess you just gotta tweak them until you find some good competitive settings.
As much as I enjoyed winning by 150 it would get boring quick.

It felt so much cleaner though and not much as of a tackle fest. I was able to get into some space and it felt good marking a lot of opportunities but I won way too many marking contests and big guys would seem to outrun the smaller opposition players.

Training in coach mode needs fixing. There's no reason why I should be able to upgrade my players so much.

They need to reduce the amount of points players get or make it more expensive to upgrade stats.

I played 3 rounds and had enough points to upgrade Whitfield's acceleration and speed by +5 to 95 each.

Got my copy yesterday played a couple of games with 5 min quarters default settings no adjustment to sliders. Initial thoughts:

-Although a bit of a tackle fest i enjoyed AFL Live 1 on my 360. Evo 2 is a step up from afl live 2 and evo 1. It feels more fluid and not as clunky.
-With that being said i think WW took tackle fest too literally. loose balls when a oppo player broke through some of mine turned their backs to them and didnt attempt to tacke
-Breakaway from centre bounces is so satisfying
- Somethings up with the rucks. Lycett was my primary Westhoff secondary and when lycett went to the bench byrne jones went to the ruck dixon went to chf and hartlett ended up at FF. Westhoff was on thee ground somewhere but couldnt find him. Probably get fixed in the update
-Jostling for high balls is quite fun with a number of strategies avaliable needing different buttons to perform. Such as bumping then spoiling or holding your ground and marking. Not as simple as AFL Live 1 where you would just hold the marking button.
-Oppo breakaways are a bit overpowered. Had Witts sprinting away from houston and couldnt catch him from edge of centre square to 30m out and full sprint

Yooo lads got a vid out of my career mode if anyone would be interested in watching potentially subscribing that would be awesome thanks (also have no idea if this is allowed)

Can't wait for PC version, little FPS stutters are annoying on the PS4 but oh well, finally getting used to the new controls, loving the coach career mode. Hope everyone else is having fun too!

Bug

Playing consecutive matches in competition mode: Lineups and game setups i.e quarter length resets and is set into wack. a bit annoying

Soccer is a thousand times easier game to simulate. Pretty stupid to compare the 2
But you can still use the sliders to make this game play more like footy, so it is possible to make it better out of the box, that's all I'm asking for. Sure, its harder to do, and I can see that, but the out of the box experience here feels like the haven't made enough of an effort.

Yeah I remember the random ruckman thing always frustrated me with Evo 1, looks like it hasn't been fixed as yet.

2nd ruckman, or obvious alternative, rarely takes over from your first ruck when they get benched.

You end up with some 180cm kent in there, meanwhile your 2nd ruck probably still sits on the pine with your first ruck. Or worse, playing on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back