Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my opinion it's pretty shit, like the camera angles are awful you cant really grasp whats going on at all, the A.I taking over and using dribble kicks at goal when the ball would hit the deck near the goals is really annoying, it's a tackle fest and the graphic are awful too.

In my honest opinion it's worse then Evo 1 I liked Evo 1 more then this at launch

Bug 2

Give away a "charging" free inside oppo forward 50 and one of the oppo players blasts the ball into the stands but doesnt count as a play on and ball is brought back. The camera is supposed to go back to the set shot but the view is entirely of the crowd behind the goals and cant see the set shot at all

Doesn't look the same to me.
hqdefault.jpg
afl_evolution_2_screenshot_5_.jpg

Put it next to other sports games on PS2 at least, like Tiger Woods golf, and it’s definitely, laughably comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I’ve played about 10 game’s give or take and here’s my thoughts so far

Pro’s:
• You can switch the play. This isn’t as basic as you’d first imagine. You can switch it a few times in a row in order to find those loose options on the open side of the ground. Very effective for transition football and a first in AFL gaming
• Spare man in defence. Effective when the game is tight in the last qtr but the down side is the opposition always has the extra number around the stoppages which can be costly if you persist with this for a full game
• Modern footy. Thank god almighty. It actually feels like football finally! The set up around the ground is very realistic with everyone on the ground following the play instead of staying on their man on the other side of the ground. I feel like they’re one game away from really nailing the ball movement too
• Speed difference. Really noticeable in this game. Saad quite easily breaks away from half back and it generally leads to a forward 50 entry for me

Cons:
• Rucks. If you’re playing a career with injuries on, be prepared to play against Jack Steven in ruck. For some reason in the actual game it seems they go with the next tallest but for starting injury replacements they just go with the highest rated player instead of positional choices
• Handballing. This one is tough because whilst I feel like it works great at times, I wish it was possible to handball around packs a lot more. You can’t handball as you’re about to get tackled. It feels like it sticks to your player or they ‘throw it’ as they’re tackled. This comes into my thoughts of them being one game away from nailing the ball movement
• Difficulty. Man I’ve had this game for 24 hours and I’m already up to the second hardest difficulty which is a real worry because I was beating legend on Evo 1 by 100 points in 5 min qtrs and I pray it doesn’t get to that point with Evo 2 but it sure as hell feels like it will.
*• Preferred foot. Very minor complaint but I feel like if you watch footy, you know most players preferred foot which is quite annoying when Shiel has a set shot on his right foot
This is more to do with attention to detail but with 2 years in development this is probably something basic that shouldn’t be an issue

Overall this is by far the best AFL game we’ve had to date
It’s actually fun to play which Wicked Witch have failed to deliver in previous attempts

Pro’s:
• You can switch the play. This isn’t as basic as you’d first imagine. You can switch it a few times in a row in order to find those loose options on the open side of the ground. Very effective for transition football and a first in AFL gaming
• Spare man in defence. Effective when the game is tight in the last qtr but the down side is the opposition always has the extra number around the stoppages which can be costly if you persist with this for a full game
• Modern footy. Thank god almighty. It actually feels like football finally! The set up around the ground is very realistic with everyone on the ground following the play instead of staying on their man on the other side of the ground. I feel like they’re one game away from really nailing the ball movement too
• Speed difference. Really noticeable in this game. Saad quite easily breaks away from half back and it generally leads to a forward 50 entry for me

Cons:
• Rucks. If you’re playing a career with injuries on, be prepared to play against Jack Steven in ruck. For some reason in the actual game it seems they go with the next tallest but for starting injury replacements they just go with the highest rated player instead of positional choices
• Handballing. This one is tough because whilst I feel like it works great at times, I wish it was possible to handball around packs a lot more. You can’t handball as you’re about to get tackled. It feels like it sticks to your player or they ‘throw it’ as they’re tackled. This comes into my thoughts of them being one game away from nailing the ball movement
• Difficulty. Man I’ve had this game for 24 hours and I’m already up to the second hardest difficulty which is a real worry because I was beating legend on Evo 1 by 100 points in 5 min qtrs and I pray it doesn’t get to that point with Evo 2 but it sure as hell feels like it will.
*• Preferred foot. Very minor complaint but I feel like if you watch footy, you know most players preferred foot which is quite annoying when Shiel has a set shot on his right foot
This is more to do with attention to detail but with 2 years in development this is probably something basic that shouldn’t be an issue

It’s actually fun to play which Wicked Witch have failed to deliver in previous attempts

Great impressions, thank you. Positives and negatives.

Much better than iT hAs PsOnE gWaFfiCs LoL

I hope the ruck bug can be fixed in a patch. Same with preferred foot. Handballing ... maybe? But the sliders might help there too (to reduce the number of times you get pinged for a throw).

I haven't played the game yet, how fine can you change things with sliders? Could you, for example, reduce/turn off throws but let the umpire still pay off the ball hits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great impressions, thank you. Positives and negatives.

Much better than iT hAs PsOnE gWaFfiCs LoL

I hope the ruck bug can be fixed in a patch. Same with preferred foot. Handballing ... maybe? But the sliders might help there too (to reduce the number of times you get pinged for a throw).

I haven't played the game yet, how fine can you change things with sliders? Could you, for example, reduce/turn off throws but let the umpire still pay off the ball hits?
Honestly I haven’t really played around with the sliders as of yet but I know you can definitely fine tune the free kicks.
So yes, whilst I could reduce the throws, there’s still the issue of feeling like the ball is stuck to your player as you’re about to get tackled if that make sense

i cant remember if it was in afl evo 1 but played a game and it rained all game and by the 4th quarter i could see rain puddles and the ground looked real destroyed thought that was cool

(also thanks to all that watched the vid already hit 100 views in 2 hours that insane for me thanks)

also why is there milestone games if there is no way to check how many games each player has played lol

Slowly putting the sliders down and then I pretty much put it back down to normal and the AI go back to being much faster and better at marking the ball than me. Really wish I could find a medium where I actually take the marks I deserve to mark and being able to run with the ball at times when my player is actually faster.

got a new camera angle im trying u can kinda see more of the wings and in front of you

pos: play direction
Far
zoom:50
Height 65
rotation speed 100

ah if your on the far wing its useless my bad

I'm happy with the game but at times it doesn't feel like a finished product - hoping a patch later on will fix a lot of issues

I'd like to think now that they've got the game playing like real footy, they can do those slight gameplay touch ups to make things a bit more smoother then they can start working on some of these for the next iteration of the game:
- graphics and animations - player models and more variations for animations would make this game infinitely more appealable
- career mode features and making it a bit more dynamic, right now feels like a very static and bare-bones career mode
- more customisation for game strategy - ability to select options for individual player/position instructions
- obvious touch ups like fixing the second ruck issue, realistic kick-in options and not ruckmen
- camera angles - yet to find one that I like and it seems a lot of others are having this issue, probably difficult thing to get right for AFL considering the large field and need to see wide angles, down the field etc.
- as a bonus, it would be good to see an overhaul of the set shot ... but I don't think that should be a massive priority yet

i cant remember if it was in afl evo 1 but played a game and it rained all game and by the 4th quarter i could see rain puddles and the ground looked real destroyed thought that was cool

(also thanks to all that watched the vid already hit 100 views in 2 hours that insane for me thanks)

also why is there milestone games if there is no way to check how many games each player has played lol
Check out the club's websites it actually lines up pretty impressive tbh

Cons:

Smashing the Swans and Cats by 200+ points is a good thing even on the highest difficulty setting. Every sports game has AI that has a set pattern that you can take advantage of. Even Aussie Rules Footy on the NES (tap ball to rover, kick and mark ball on forward 50, goal - every 13 seconds!), all the cricket games. Even the high profile games get easy very quickly (madden, fifa, nba 2k).

Pro’s:

Cons:

I feel like all your problems could be solved easily during a patch. I haven't bought the game yet, I'll see what the next major patch addresses but I like what I see. It's important to remember this game wasn't due to come out until the end of the month, which was brought forward and then brought forward again. It's easy to forgive them for some of the smaller issues given they didn't get the time to polish they'd originally planned on.

I like in Fifa how you can kick on the wrong foot if you time the kick wrong, maybe it's like that in AFL Evo 2. That said, it shouldn't be the case on a set shot on goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back