Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Once you start moving up the difficulties, the games seem to get better. Currently on All Australian and probably ready to move up to next difficulty. I’ve had a few crackers so far. Lost to the Tiges by a point and defeated Brisbane with a goal after the siren after scores were levelled. 7.5 min quarters are perfect length. Give the game a chance & realise it’s not going to be 2K or FIFA & you will get plenty out of it.

If I were Tru Blu I'd be pissed the AFL aren't advertising this yet. They should have it front and centre on their webpage advertising to everyone to play their own season from home etc., having players play a tournament etc.
Now is the perfect time when everyone is stuck at home bored, they'd make a killing on sales.

Why advertise somthing sold out everywhere that nobody can buy?

How do I get better at marking? Need hints. Even need more help stop opposition marking. cannot seem to spoil or mark when they moving forward despite pressing square button for spoiling or green for marking. I clearly got no idea at this point. Least I have learned to have a few hit outs but not really much control yet.

If I were Tru Blu I'd be pissed the AFL aren't advertising this yet. They should have it front and centre on their webpage advertising to everyone to play their own season from home etc., having players play a tournament etc.
Now is the perfect time when everyone is stuck at home bored, they'd make a killing on sales.

While I agree with the sentiment neither Wicked Witch or Tru Blu have mentioned anything AFL Evo 2 for a while on their socials so even they aren't promoting it as much as they could be. Not even a tweet or a facebook post about "OUT NOW" etc.

I'm all for AFL bashing but this has to be lead by the developers/publishers and they have done nada.

Put it next to other sports games on PS2 at least, like Tiger Woods golf, and it’s definitely, laughably comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah nah
fff3037f0b9659aeb22aa2058da23fc9.jpg
641b37344ac142cbf756482f7ff29a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Why do these dudes on youtube post videos of themselves playing games, but think it is a good idea to talk inane crap the whole time over the top of it and also include a camera on themselves?

I don't get it.

Everytime someone posts a video with 'no commentary' it seems the entire comment section is filled with people thanking them.

yeah nah
fff3037f0b9659aeb22aa2058da23fc9.jpg
641b37344ac142cbf756482f7ff29a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

This screenshot posting is great and all, but you all know that this Tiger Woods game would probably double the FPS of anything made by Wicked Witch right? And that FPS is way more important to the smoothness and feel than pixel count? Yeah cool.

Why do these dudes on youtube post videos of themselves playing games, but think it is a good idea to talk inane crap the whole time over the top of it and also include a camera on themselves?

I don't get it.

Everytime someone posts a video with 'no commentary' it seems the entire comment section is filled with people thanking them.

Something is broken in the brains of all Australian Youtubers. Instead of talking about topics and discussing the game whilst playing (RE: every other sport game YouTuber) they spend the whole time yelling "MCGOVERN TAKES A BIG MARK" and "CAN HE KICK IT FROM HERE?"

Something is broken in the brains of all Australian Youtubers. Instead of talking about topics and discussing the game whilst playing (RE: every other sport game YouTuber) they spend the whole time yelling "MCGOVERN TAKES A BIG MARK" and "CAN HE KICK IT FROM HERE?"

I honestly don't want to hear anything. I just want to see the game to see if it is any good, or watch how someone else plays it to improve my own play or get through a level.

Imagine going to a movie and there is a dude next to you acting like Homer

'i think that guys a spy .... what did that guy say when i said what did that guy say'.

STFU!

Still yet to figure out the best camera angle and also the most enjoyable slider settings. Looking forward to playing more but one thing grinding my gears is Marlion Pickett using his left foot all the time! I know he's good but cmon

Even playing 2.5 quarters I've had some fantastic matches with the AI with various momentum changes. I won the premiership in competition mode yesterday. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I lost to Richmond twice in the home and away season but (luckily?) they got knocked out in the prelim and I had an easy GF win against the Bulldogs who I'd already thrashed in the QF.

I had auto team management on and the game doesn't seem to have ruck selection logic right. No week of the season did it have Grundy as my starting ruck. I had to fix it each time. 75% of the time it had Grundy at fullback and Roughead in the ruck, which I guess isn't that strange if the game has Roughead listed as a ruck. But bizarrely 25% of the time it had Phillips as the ruck with both Grundy and Roughead in the backline.

Injuries are definitely an interesting factor which is a good test of squad strength. Even in a single season I lost Howe, Sidebottom and De Goey with 10+ week injuries. As well as 2-4 week injuries to Treloar and Pendlebury. Although I liked that it forced me to pick different players I could see it getting draining in career mode.

I was going to wait until the first patch to start a career given there will inevitably be save ruining bugs, but I'm going to start a rookie career today to give my fingers a bit of a break. There are a serious amount of controls you need to use in this game!

In terms of actual game play, is anyone else struggling to get handball chains going? At the moment my whole game is based around kicking.

I'm surprised they haven't put the suburban grounds used by AFLW teams into the game. It would have been a perfect reason for them to make the likes of Victoria Park and Ikon Park. Playing an AFLW season would feel weird with so many games at the MCG and Marvel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smashing the Swans and Cats by 200+ points is a good thing even on the highest difficulty setting. Every sports game has AI that has a set pattern that you can take advantage of. Even Aussie Rules Footy on the NES (tap ball to rover, kick and mark ball on forward 50, goal - every 13 seconds!), all the cricket games. Even the high profile games get easy very quickly (madden, fifa, nba 2k).
but the Maddens/FIFAs/2ks have deep immersive multiplayer modes that are actually the main selling point of the game. Once you start dominating the MyCareer AI's on 2k you've still got 3-4 brand new multiplayer modes to play.

Is anyone noticing you can end up with an empty forward line after a stoppage near your defensive 50? I have ball movement in tactics set at “balanced”, but if I win a clearance from said stoppage, I’m often kicking into an empty 50 with my FF at CHF.

Is it simply a matter of ball movement speed needing to be set to fast?

Encountered a fairly serious bug with team management - I’ve lost some players and got duplicates of others.

Before playing any matches, I set my ideal line up and saved it to the default. I then opened an exhibition match, and most of my changes (but not all) were reset back to default. But, rather than simply subbing players back to their original position, field players were “overwritten”.

For example, in St Kilda’s lineup, Dan McKenzie starts on the HBF by default, but I swapped him with Hunter Clark (who was on the bench). When I loaded up this first match, I discovered that I now had 2 Hunter Clark’s - one wearing his #11 on the bench, and one wearing McKenzie’s #36 on the HBF. I now no longer have a Dan McKenzie.

This has happened with a couple other players at the same time, so I’ve got a few duplicates. Bizarre, and I don’t know how to fix it (or if I can).

It's fact. But considering you've already made your mind up youre gonna bitch a moan and like every negative post in the thread without even playing the game I don't really give a fu** about explaining it to you.
It’s not a fact it’s just an excuse people come up with to defend poor AFL games.

And made my mind up about what? I think Evo 2 sounds like a promising game with a few flaws. I told my sister she can get for me for my birthday.

Maybe you should just follow soccer.

Is it also a cop out that English Premier League players play a whole lot of more games in a season?
That AFL clubs earn peanuts to professional European and American sports?

We should just fold Australian Football with your reasons!

just don’t understand the negativity and what effect you want it to cause?
You want to draw that bow even longer?

It’s not a fact it’s just an excuse people come up with to defend poor AFL games.

And made my mind up about what? I think Evo 2 sounds like a promising game with a few flaws. I told my sister she can get for me for my birthday.
Except it's not, soccer involves far less programming than AFL and anyone who isn't an idiot would understand that. Combine it with the massive budget different and to even think they are slightly comparable is embarassing.

Encountered a fairly serious bug with team management - I’ve lost some players and got duplicates of others.

Before playing any matches, I set my ideal line up and saved it to the default. I then opened an exhibition match, and most of my changes (but not all) were reset back to default. But, rather than simply subbing players back to their original position, field players were “overwritten”.

For example, in St Kilda’s lineup, Dan McKenzie starts on the HBF by default, but I swapped him with Hunter Clark (who was on the bench). When I loaded up this first match, I discovered that I now had 2 Hunter Clark’s - one wearing his #11 on the bench, and one wearing McKenzie’s #36 on the HBF. I now no longer have a Dan McKenzie.

This has happened with a couple other players at the same time, so I’ve got a few duplicates. Bizarre, and I don’t know how to fix it (or if I can).

Email them so they can fix these types of issues :)

What the hell is the go with the crowd groaning when you kick a goal? That's a massive oversight surely.

pretty sure thats been in all of their games for an away team goal

should be a less louder cheer

maybe a boo if anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back