Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say the poster controlling the BA account is fairly hypocritical and more than a little salty sounding; presumedly that they don't have the AFL licence anymore

I definitely am a fanboy - of great quality games

Last edited:
Alright, we’ll stick just with footy if we can’t compare very similar sounding reviews for other games you’ve released.
So AFL Live surely must have scored 10/10s from the likes of IGN and Gamespot based on your nostalgic reviews of it. Maybe I’ll have to double check?

Chill dude, I seem to have really got under your fanboy skin but you just won't hit that Ignore button. So I'll hit it first, I'm sure this is boring everyone to tears now.

Since you've got so much time - to compare like with like, take AFL Live (our first AFL game, not our 5th) v AFL Live Wii, or any of the current games Cricket 19, AO2 - good luck with that. See ya.

Whats with the constant back and forth with the bloke from Big Ant?

1. Bloke 1 asks a question
  2. Big Ant Responds
  3. Bloke 2 complains about what Big Ant has done and why he's here
  4. Big Ant tries to justify his comments.
  5. Bloke 3 starts the cycle again.

More repetitive than Garry Lyons commentary. Give it a rest for Cam Polsons sake.

AO 2 is the best tennis sim since Top Spin 4 and worked straight out of the box tbh, The only Big Ant game I've been let down by is AO 1 at launch but they did so much work into making that a solid game in such a quick time by May it was up there and smashed Tennis World Tour's ass which is by far the worst Tennis game I've ever played

Cricket 19 does seem pretty great from what I've seen of the gameplay

Had 3 games online now.

2nd game was as the away side and found something wasn't right. Couldn't seem to pick the onion up at times nor soccer/tap it. No such issues in my other 2 games where I was the host side. Was a good game though. Lost 31-50 in the end against some highly ranked bloke. G'day if you're reading this mate, let's play again with me hosting

AO 2 is the best tennis sim since Top Spin 4 and worked straight out of the box tbh, The only Big Ant game I've been let down by is AO 1 at launch but they did so much work into making that a solid game in such a quick time by May it was up there and smashed Tennis World Tour's ass which is by far the worst Tennis game I've ever played

Still horribly worse than Top Spin 4. Which was made a decade ago....

And Cricket 19 isn’t great...bowling is scripted and pointless.. “I’ll move my fielder from gully to 2nd slip to stop these boundaries. Oh look an edge for 4 through gully”...”oh look - a beautiful late cut for six over mid on”. “Wow that ball going straight to midwicket died in the arse and miraculously fall short”

And this is 4 games and hundreds of patches in!

Last edited:
Still horribly worse than Top Spin 4. Which was made a decade ago....

And Cricket 19 isn’t great...bowling is scripted and pointless.. “I’ll move my fielder from gully to 2nd slip to stop these boundaries. Oh look an edge for 4 through gully”...”oh look - a beautiful late cut for six over mid on”. “Wow that ball going straight to midwicket died in the arse and miraculously fall short”

And this is 4 games and hundreds of patches in!
Not to mention the 4 run ours everygame and the constant over throws.

Good idea to consider playing with, when get time to tinker with such stuff. Never played Evo 1 so got no idea about previous incarnation of game.

Sometimes I found my ruckman Kruezer named in backline so it seems some coding in game has some bias towards swapping ruck to backline and when it does it, it must swap with a backmen there. Might explain how I found Nic Newman in ruck so often and sometimes Kade Simpson too.

What I find weird is when it stops you from moving a player out of ruck when they clearly should not be there. There are times the name of Nic Newman text is not in black for me to move him to somewhere else as an option. When I have been able to move players, their name goes red for a moment until you decide where you moving too. Sometimes it does not even allow it to go red. It simply tells me this player is restricted and that is the few times I been stuck with Newman in ruck and not even able to change him out of it. Maybe there is a limit restricted on how many times you can move a player in a season ???

You can’t move players out of the ruck when it’s a centre bounce. The 4 in the square are locked in until after the bounce.

I'd hate to be on topic, but we still made the best selling AFL game of all time (you can't dispute that), and arguably the best game also.... anytime you want to hit that Ignore button just go ahead.

PS: BTW Both AO2 and Cricket 19 have higher review scores than AFL Evo 2, indeed in the same publication AO2 has an 8 whereas AFL Evo 2 has a 6.5 - but hey, fanboy's are never going to let the facts get in the way of a story.

I thought the bar was being set by EA and 2K? Why are you comparing yourself to Wicked Witch?

Firstly, we don't make AFL games and don't see WW as our competition, our bar is being set by 2K and EA, and has been for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they please make it so players don't sub off during play?

Then they should make it so that we can change rucks even when they're attending a ball up / centre bounce but won't run off until the next opportunity they get. Better to press pause and make subs while there's a stoppage of play.

And also, avoid the problem of players randomly running off the field in the middle of play just as I'm about to handball or kick it to them.

This one shits me.

Then they should make it so that we can change rucks even when they're attending a ball up / centre bounce but won't run off until the next opportunity they get. Better to press pause and make subs while there's a stoppage of play.

And also, avoid the problem of players randomly running off the field in the middle of play just as I'm about to handball or kick it to them.

This one shits me.

Gameplay options > interchange > change to manual. This has been an option for like the past 5 games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

that's a theme I noticed when making the bug feature/feedback list - A fair few turn this off or change this but at the end of the day why is it there if it doesn't work or is really bad? You just hide the problem.

Seeing GWS fans pack out Optus Stadium last night made me laugh. I saw more virtual fans in that game than they have in real life.

Would be an easy bug to fix I think, just flick the switch from home to away. Ruckman bug should also be easy to fix (just use height as the variable ffs). And the wrong club song playing should also be an easy one. Although it's strange that I've heard chants from a team that isn't even playing the game (ie Freo chant in an Eagles vs Sydney game).

This one shits me.
Pretty sure when I was browsing through game last night that I found an option to make interchanges with for injuries only.

Which one works best
And is the best way just a stab kick (L2+X). Sorry still a rookie at this....

The stab kick is good for me moving out of defence especially from a point kick out situation and works well into a leading forward as well if you wait for the run but be careful as the distance is very limited and it seems to just hit the ball super hard rather than a long stab pass for more distance.

Still getting used to it but started to get the kicking accuracy down pat, feels good to be able to fit people lace out on the lead with both the stab and normal kick.

And marking took me a while to get the grip of as well but I have that pretty good now. And for whoever asked in the last few pages you can press the marking button more than once and it seems to only take the last press into consideration when marking.

For me to two hardest things are that split second it takes to see who has the ball when it's a decent pack around the ball and I feel like I need to preempt what I want to do and also the players movements.. they either cannot pick up the ball sometimes or almost try to run past it, the AI should also collect if im that close and also the sharpness of movement. To keep a ball in by the boundry line you almost need to run around it to collect it and keep going, they don't have the quick side step or movement as say a Fifa/NBA etc but thats to be expected.

Pretty sure when I was browsing through game last night that I found an option to make interchanges with for injuries only.
Yeah but manually interchanging all the time becomes tedious.

The ruck issue + ai players being used in weird positions (eg Nic Nat playing on Castagna out of the BP) was an issue last time too. Pretty annoying given the AI hasn't gotten within 3 goals of me on Legend difficulty. Would much prefer a challenge and that'd be easier to come by if oppo guns were played in their rightful positions

I honestly reckon pumping up the difficulty is a top priority in a patch down the line. Obviously fix the shit that badly needs fixing first

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back