AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, just been thinking about how much fun the "be a pro" mode could be if they get it right.
I always love this game mode in sports games.

What position would you guys have a go at first? Think I'll go the route of creating a player rather than using a current player, and make him a 191cm forward flanker in the mold of Gunston.

I really, really, REALLY hope they nail this game mode.

Man, just been thinking about how much fun the "be a pro" mode could be if they get it right.

What position would you guys have a go at first? Think I'll go the route of creating a player rather than using a current player, and make him a 191cm forward flanker in the mold of Gunston.

I was thinking either the 195cm Mid/Fwd

It's what has excited me most from the start.

Other than a mid, I'd love to play as a halfback, choosing when to abandon my man and rebounding through the middle.

But again, all comes to down to playable gameplay and decent AI. We hope.

FIFA gives the option of controlling yourself or the team (so you can just pass to yourself and rack up points). FIFA should be who they try copying BAP mode off here, not 2k and their scripted shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do you really hope they nail this game mode?

First up I'll try and live out my footy dreams that never were and play as myself (a small forward hopefully for Freo)

As far as camera goes I'm hoping we at least get the choice between the FIFA style BAP camera or the more 3rd person camera of NBA 2k

Tbh I don't see why the behind the back camera isn't standard for all these BAP type game modes, I'd rather have a camera that's representative of what you would more or less see if you were playing the sport (if I'm playing deep forward/back I should have to look down the field to see the play not have the camera give me a birds eye view of it)

Imagine how cool it would be if there was actually a Brownlow count before the grand final. There was an AFL football manager type game that did this and it was awesome

Believe you're talking about Premiership Coach

That's the one! IIRC it was a little buggy as a ruckman would usually win it but I really enjoyed it rather than other AFL games where they show the leaderboards throughout the season

That's the one! IIRC it was a little buggy as a ruckman would usually win it but I really enjoyed it rather than other AFL games where they show the leaderboards throughout the season
Take a look at Haydos work for this seasons update.
Spends a lot if time making that game enjoyable again each year.

From the Coniglio screenshot it's good to see he's not being chased by 6 defenders like in AFL Live 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back