Competitions AFL Fantasy Elite Signup/Expressions of Interest - AKA Real Fantasy Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I could just set the time limit to a day per pick. It would take a few weeks but we've got over a month until the season starts.
Yep this is the other option. Having done a few fantasy NBA drafts this way, what we usually do is set a time limit (e.g. 24 hours) for your pick to be done otherwise you're given the next ranked player off the auto ranked list.

I am certainly up for it!!!

Will be great fun :D

We have plenty of time before the season, and when we get to the tail end of drafting, we'll get to see some of the young guys getting a run in the NAB cup. Could pick up some bargains there!

I would request that we dont do a rolling lockout. Who's got time for that?

Not everyone (ie me) will have time to check teams and injuries before the bounce. Just putting it out there.

I'm still confused though. You can make changes all week, up until the bounce of the game. Once a player's game has started, they're locked out and you can't change.

What do you mean by rolling lockout?

Rolling lockout is what you've just described. Non rolling lockout is when your whole team is locked when the first game of the round starts.

Okay so what do we want to do?

I'm not sure why a rolling lock out is more time consuming than a non-rolling lock out. The former just seems to give more options if you get a late withdrawl.

I'm not sure why a rolling lock out is more time consuming than a non-rolling lock out. The former just seems to give more options if you get a late withdrawl.

In the age of smart phones, it's easy to chop and change teams on the fly, but not everyone will be glued to twitter or the afl site for team changes. Gives an advantage to those who have too much time on their hands, versus those that don't.

Just putting it out there, I will go with either one but that's my preference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I mean is that you're most likely going to change your team on a Friday, right? After the teams have been announced. How does a non-rolling lock out change this?

From what I understand, you can't just pick up an entirely new player on a Sunday or something.

Go with rolling lockout, if a player is a late withdrawal you should be able to do something about it.

How many people are interested in the draft game on this board. I will gladly make a second league if there are enough people wanting to play that missed the first league.

Okay for everyone in league #1, I'm going to set it up now.

Here's what I'm going with:

- 12 team, head to head
- Finals series
- 22 players per team
- Live draft, 1 day per pick
- No captains
- Rolling lockout
- Trade waivers (2 days on the waiver list, reverse ladder)
- League approved trading system

Any objections?Hopefully the draft doesn't take too long.

If anyone is keen on an Supercoach Draft game.

I have a league with 5 places left.

Draft Starts at 9pm tonight, 1 day to take your pick.
10 Teams
No Captains
Rolling Lockout
- Trade Waivers, Reverse Ladder, League Approving trading
Finals
I just have a few friends in the league so it won't be overly hardcore just doing it to have fun.

Code is 907351

Pity I missed this thread earlier.

If a spot opens up would be interested in joining, myself and some friends have played a $$$ league via ultimate footy for the last couple years.

Always more interesting having a draft, allows for strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AFL Fantasy Elite Signup/Expressions of Interest - AKA Real Fantasy Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back