AFL Footy Show 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Like he's not a regular already? The guy is on every second week. Same with Spudola. That's half the problem. Other problems include:

Sam's as funny as the cancer that was cut out of him these days. His mailbag segment goes for near ten minutes and its just crap (this week: Sam gets confused and muddled whilst repeating himself constantly. Lyon and Brayshaw tell him to hurry up *laughter*).

Lyon thinks he's the most intelligent man in football.

Brayshaw is an idiot.

Hutchy should be shot.

The team sheets are rarely correct.

They spend a sickening amount of time mentioning their sponsors, books, shops, eateries, clothing lines.

I couldn't care less if it was axed. I can't watch it live anymore. Have to record and watch it the next morning. Scanning through all the ads and shyte reduces the show's length to about 30 minutes on average. :thumbsu:

/rant
and your a sook that complains alot.

I dont mind the footyshow but Sam has to go and go now.
Sam is on the verge of making an even more of a joke out of himself if he continues to be on that show.
Sam thinks he is high above evryone in terms of intelect ect and he has no respect for anyone including himself.:mad:

Billy Brainless has his good points but even he is running out of steam.

Brayshaw and Lyon do a good job and so does funny man Trev.

Hutchy is like a vulture waiting for the leftovers after a kill .........NO MORE HUTCHY......bugger the press.:thumbsdown:

The Grand Final football show was ok,the best bit was the start when Lyon,Brayshaw,Crawford,Trev and Sammy took the piss out of some certain clubs(collingwood,Richmond ect) it was funny.:D:):thumbsu:

I dont mind the footyshow but Sam has to go and go now.
Sam is on the verge of making an even more of a joke out of himself if he continues to be on that show.
Sam thinks he is high above evryone in terms of intelect ect and he has no respect for anyone including himself.:mad:

Billy Brainless has his good points but even he is running out of steam.

Brayshaw and Lyon do a good job and so does funny man Trev.

Hutchy is like a vulture waiting for the leftovers after a kill .........NO MORE HUTCHY......bugger the press.:thumbsdown:

The Grand Final football show was ok,the best bit was the start when Lyon,Brayshaw,Crawford,Trev and Sammy took the piss out of some certain clubs(collingwood,Richmond ect) it was funny.:D:):thumbsu:
but if they took off sam who would all the players pick on? thats 1 of my favorite parts when the players give sam the shi*s.:D

Trev -no longer funny
Brayshaw -dead****
Sam -its time to go
Hutchy -give us a spell.

Nine should get BT in for Brayshaw.
Poach dave hughes from 10 to run the bar.
Billy or crawf to replace sam.
Hutchys job becomes void.

The 'quality' of the show varied more than ever in 2008 depending on Sam's moods.

The format needs to change so the players dont sit there in stony silence for ninety minutes and just read from scripts about the upcoming weekend games.

If the ratings were there Channel 9 will probably keep the same format, otherwise I wouldnt mind them reducing the show to one hour and changing the hosts and including the players in banter more like Before The Game.

By far the worst year of the show.

It's like a group of school kids running riot. When Eddie hosted he'd generally pull people into line if things went too far off track. Now it's just a free for all.

Lyon and Brayshaw don't gel because they both want to be number one, Sam's more concerned with making headlines and while I'm a fan of Marmalade, the good one liners were few and far between.

The choice of panelists was woeful. The same faces every three or four weeks. The fact that they often relied on the panelists to provide the show's entertainment shows how badly it's going.

And when was the last time there was a decent discussion on anything remotely to do with football?

Used to love the show, but if nothing changes next year there's a fair chance it'll be firmly stuck in the brown stuff.

The marngrook footy show kills it, even though the guys are not Einsteins, they love their footy, commentate well, use females in sensible roles, and show the idigenous contribution, it is much better viewing. On The Couch is great, before the game is great, The footy show has died, the hosts are hopeless, Sam is pathetic, and I've never worked out where Trevor fits in, the format is stuffed. Billie is on too many things, and is like a teletubby, he's sweet but does he add anything.

If the Footy Show is to survive beyond 2009, what does it need to do to prove to the viewers (and the people that run Channel Nine) that it can go on?

If the Footy Show is to survive beyond 2009, what does it need to do to prove to the viewers (and the people that run Channel Nine) that it can go on?
i thought it had a good amount of views? am i wrong about this:confused:

i do remember hearing that it dropped alot of views when they took sammy of the show.

Don't bring back Eddie, recruit someone who is actually funny!!!

Obviously its going to be difficult, Channel 10 seem to have all of the talent.

At least he adds a little bit more professionalsim to it. James and Gaz aren't that funny.

Btg is better though, Huhsey and Lehmo are classics, but Molloy is a downgrade from Pete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam hasn't been funny for years. Lyon and Brayshaw are not witty or smart enough & not fit to hold a candle next to Eddie (who has become boring and very 'establishment'). Brownless = childish, yobbo humour.

All the footballers are crap and uninteresting.

Street Talk is laughable, Sam is incapable of interviewing anyone with an IQ above 65.

It is beyond crap. They need some professional comedians on the panel.

Before the Game absolutely shits on it!!!
Indeed.

If Channel Nine want to improve the show, they have to dump Brayshaw (was good for 5 minutes but now he's North's chairman he's too bland), tell Sam to stop being an idiot (Or sack him, but not many could really replace him) and start focusing on football, they need to all start focusing on football!

But most of all, they need to start talking about REAL FOOTBALL, and stop crapping on about nothing.

The panellists sucked all year too, they get the same guys all year, like Jono Brown, Dale Thomas etc, who are as boring as bats***. They need to get in the characters like Ten do, Barry Hall, Cameron Ling, Choco Williams even. Luke Hodge was quite funny too.

Before The Game don't pretend to be serious but they still cover more content than the Footy Show does, despite being a third the length. TFS call themselves a serious show but are the opposite, and aren't funny either.

Indeed.

If Channel Nine want to improve the show, they have to dump Brayshaw (was good for 5 minutes but now he's North's chairman he's too bland), tell Sam to stop being an idiot (Or sack him, but not many could really replace him) and start focusing on football, they need to all start focusing on football!

But most of all, they need to start talking about REAL FOOTBALL, and stop crapping on about nothing.

The panellists sucked all year too, they get the same guys all year, like Jono Brown, Dale Thomas etc, who are as boring as bats***. They need to get in the characters like Ten do, Barry Hall, Cameron Ling, Choco Williams even. Luke Hodge was quite funny too.

Before The Game don't pretend to be serious but they still cover more content than the Footy Show does, despite being a third the length. TFS call themselves a serious show but are the opposite, and aren't funny either.

Jono Brown is one of if not the best panellist.

And Cameron Ling and Hodgey are both panellists off TFS so wouldn't really use them as an example of people they need to get on.

At least the AFL version of the Footy Show will survive, unlike the NRL Footy Show where it's in dire danger of being axed, if they don't improve their effort by '09.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Footy Show 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back