AFL Goal Umpire Injured By Crowd Thrown Bottle

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible behaviour at the Carlton v Saints game. A goal umpire was hit in the back of the head by a water bottle thrown from the crowd.

The fool who did it deserves a lifetime ban from attending AFL. Further, they should be stripped of any AFL related membership. To show society this is unacceptable VicPol must also lay charges and have this loser charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
100%

and the racist comments on facebook are sticks and stones i guess

Did the Suns raise a formal complaint with the AFL? what or where the heck were the Marvel Security bafoons when this was going on?

Did the Suns raise a formal complaint with the AFL? what or where the heck were the Marvel Security bafoons when this was going on?
i dont know, they refer to it here. mainstream media. but should the suns have to make a formal complaint? did the umpires make a formal complaint on sunday?
i have raised it again withall the media outlets and also made a formal complaint to the AFL via their website for such things.

i am totally lost for words why nothing is happening

i dont know, they refer to it here. mainstream media. but should the suns have to make a formal complaint? did the umpires make a formal complaint on sunday?
i have raised it again withall the media outlets and also made a formal complaint to the AFL via their website for such things.

i am totally lost for words why nothing is happening

Imagine Suns supporters throwing items at one of the big Vic clubs players ....... cue outrage from the Vic sycophants Gerald, Gary, Jon Ralph etc.

dont know, they refer to it here. mainstream media. but should the suns have to make a formal complaint?

I think the Suns should have sent the AFL "a please explain". Didnt see any further footage of whether any action was taken against those throwing the rubbish

did the umpires make a formal complaint on sunday?

I am not sure, although I would guess/assume there's some requirement of the Umpiring Director to inform the AFL of circumstances arising from the substitution of an official during the match

Give the person in question the option of being banned for life or he does a lap around the ground on Grand Final day naked whilst fans in attendance get to throw plastic bottles or rotten food at him.

#shameshame
If he’s a masochist exhibitionist you be rewarding him…

Shame on the ex-Carlton member. Well done to all who helped apprehend the fool. Life ban from the footy, banned from Carlton membership I understand too & assault charges.

Good to hear the Blues supporters wanting nothing to do with this sort of behaviour too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not entirely sure how they enforce it but good on the AFL for coming down hard

I think the AFL are too blame for not providing appropriate PPE. Hard hats, steel caps and wet weather should be made de rigueur and the crowd encouraged to release tension by letting go with whatever is at hand i.e. bottles, rotten fruit, etc.

It would make for a more entertaining product.

Last edited:
Whats his name??

He does not deserve anonymity

And what are you going to do if you find out his name, send him a hateful message on the internet? You don’t know him, he’s copped his deserved whack, move on with your life. Some things don’t actually matter if you know or not. If anything I think the bloke deserves his punishment & his anonymity because we don’t need flogs abusing him too in some sort of roundabout justification of all of a sudden I love umpires!! I scream hateful abuse at them about them & their families all game but god forbid you proceed to then throw a bottle at him - I draw the line at physical harm!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Goal Umpire Injured By Crowd Thrown Bottle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back