AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

No kidding. Tell me something I do not know.
I am coming on saying it was a stupid risk to rest so many players in round 23 when if they backed their own ability to win week one of finals they would get a rest in week two of finals.

Our resting players was to let them freshen up for the Sydney game. We won. Therefore it worked.

Our resting players was to let them freshen up for the Sydney game. We won. Therefore it worked.
You did not make the grand final after barely beating a depleted Swans team on your home deck. You should have won that game.
Most of your players had one game in three weeks and lost a home prelim final at home.
Minor premiers and did not even make a grand final with all the resting and significant homeground advantages to help. It failed!!!!

No kidding. Tell me something I do not know.
I am coming on saying it was a stupid risk to rest so many players in round 23 when if they backed their own ability to win week one of finals they would get a rest in week two of finals. The fact you lack quality to kick quality winning scores only shows the fragility of the finals campaign from Fremantle before it even started. To be so paranoid as to rest players up multiple times shows the lack of confidence and substance for them in finals. At the end of every season the only thing they really counts is winning a premiership. Fremantle still are zero this century and last century. If you want to be churlish and sooky enough to bring my poor performing Carlton side into it then enjoy the sobering reality you got no premiership to show for 2015 which is what we got.
Yes, you need more quality players. A lot more. Dawson, Sheridan, de Boer, Taberner, Suban types are as likely to make a premiership team as our White, Curnow, Armfield, Wood, Everitt and Holman types. Bit rich to think otherwise.
Resting hacks numerous times within a month will not magically turn them into being a big part of any premiership team
Deal with it. You guys are as close as St.Kilda were to a premiership under Ross Lyon after 2010.
We are no closer then Freo but I am under no illusions how far off we are. A long way. Least you will have pick 16 in the draft.
Use it wisely.

How, a lot of question marks over some quality players before todays game. McPharlin ruled out. Say what you will but it has actually become quite clear the rest was needed.

How, a lot of question marks over some quality players before todays game. McPharlin ruled out. Say what you will but it has actually become quite clear the rest was needed.

Certainly McPharlin needed a rest. 12 or so players not. At the end of the day you guys we not good enough, rested or not.
However any side top of ladder in future that stands a real chance of getting a rest up in second week of finals would be foolish to rest in massive numbers seniors players from team in last home and away round.
Why are a few of you upset Freo supporters only getting annoyed about this tonight when I pointed this out weeks ago?
Interesting but you lost so can understand the loss you finding hard to deal with.
Funny how so few understood the long term impact of this for Fremantle.

Certainly McPharlin needed a rest. 12 or so players not. At the end of the day you guys we not good enough, rested or not.
However any side top of ladder in future that stands a real chance of getting a rest up in second week of finals would be foolish to rest in massive numbers seniors players from team in last home and away round.
Why are a few of you upset Freo supporters only getting annoyed about this tonight when I pointed this out weeks ago?
Interesting but you lost so can understand the loss you finding hard to deal with.
Funny how so few understood the long term impact of this for Fremantle.

Started well and had me replying with some kind of argument, but, now i just need to know how did you find my response as upset or annoyed?

Clear to see you are only here to stick the boots in...

You did not make the grand final after barely beating a depleted Swans team on your home deck. You should have won that game.
Most of your players had one game in three weeks and lost a home prelim final at home.
Minor premiers and did not even make a grand final with all the resting and significant homeground advantages to help. It failed!!!!
We weren't good enough to beat the Hawks. It's pretty simple really, our position on the ladder was not a true indication of where the team was. We have struggled since the half way mark and couldn't capture the early season form.

Resting didn't change the fact that our game plan couldn't match Hawthorns quality.

Nothing wrong with what Freo did, plenty wrong with what North did. They manipulated positions and they achieved their desired result, it should never happen again. They deliberately "tanked" a game of football. You cannot allow a competition to compromise final positions and game schedules. The Freo argument is completely different to North's, Freo had no further impact on the final 8. North decided to manipulate things either by going to Adelaide or playing the Tigers in Melbourne? Bingo!
There's no issue for mine to manipulate things to give yourself the best chance for a flag. The afl and their betting partners need to choke on a dick.

That Hawthorn game was a bit more risky, sind we had to beat Carlton in the finals round to get the home final. Even when we weren't much of a chance down in Tassie...
They (Carlton) almost beat you that game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back