AFL International Regional Championships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

BigBrainUSA

Debutant
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Starting this since news of the three tournaments is starting to come together:
  • TransAtlantic Cup: August 2-11 in Toronto.
    • Date and location confirmed through USAFL communications.
    • Teams: "Canada, USA, Columbia, and all affiliated AFL Europe Nations," though a complete list of the latter is TBC.
  • Pacific Cup: November in Sunshine Coast, Qld.
    • Will be preceded by a four day, three game U17 tournament.
    • Will include, at least: Fiji, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Vanuatu, and South Africa.
  • Asia Cup: Dates and Location TBC
    • Teams: "All affiliated AFL Asia countries (including, but not limited to Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam."

2024 Transatlantic Cup

Great to see this getting off the ground in 2024.

Will be interesting to see how it is structured for the competition, ideally USA and Canada will have both the main team and development teams.

There's been a big influx of new Canadians to the league since Covid, would be fantastic to give them an opportunity at this comp.

Last edited:
  • TransAtlantic Cup: August 2-11 in Toronto.
    • Date and location confirmed through USAFL communications.
    • Teams: "Canada, USA, Columbia, and all affiliated AFL Europe Nations," though a complete list of the latter is TBC

This is the first I've heard of a successful DC secession movement! ;)

TransAtlantic Cup draw is out now.

Key points:
-- Men's and women's have the same format.
-- Six teams playing three pool games and five games total in ten days.
-- Top four teams advance to semifinals, 5th and 6th play consolation game
-- Winners of semis go to GF games on August 11th, losers play the 5th and 6th placed teams
-- USA-Canada and GB-Ireland do not play each other in the pool rounds of either division.

Full-Schedule.png

Silly question but why has there been no mention of this anywhere! Nothing on the AFL site. Nothing in the news. Not even anything about the Pacific Cup which is supposed to be here! Not a thing.
I've seen better promotion for my local bingo competition.
Its like they deliberately don't want anyone knowing its going on except the players for some reason.
How can the AFL be taken seriously. With only a few months to go, it'll be a laughing stock!

FFS you can't even read where its being hosted the font is soo small looks like a 2 year old put it together.

Last edited:
Silly question but why has there been no mention of this anywhere! Nothing on the AFL site. Nothing in the news. Not even anything about the Pacific Cup which is supposed to be here! Not a thing.
Its like they deliberately don't want anyone knowing its going on except the players for some reason.
How can the AFL be taken seriously. With only a few months to go, it'll be a laughing stock!

FFS you can't even read where its being hosted the font is soo small looks like a 2 year old put it together.
I mean there is this, it's not quite promo for the whole shebang, but it's welcome nonetheless:

I have to agree with you and I'm pretty despondent.
You'd think the AFL could bring up a simple page with links and simple status.
Nowhere is a status page with overall results.
AFL Canada does have a Transatlantic site with the information deeply embedded.
WorldFootynews.com has interviews about the games.
USAFL does have a Transatlantic site with easy results presentation.
If I wasn't a fan of Australian Football overseas i would know nothing.

I have to agree with you and I'm pretty despondent.
You'd think the AFL could bring up a simple page with links and simple status.
Nowhere is a status page with overall results.
AFL Canada does have a Transatlantic site with the information deeply embedded.
WorldFootynews.com has interviews about the games.
USAFL does have a Transatlantic site with easy results presentation.
If I wasn't a fan of Australian Football overseas i would know nothing.

Agreed. It's being streamed free. Even just a post or two could have increased the streaming numbers fivefold.

The AFL is a media giant in its own right and a little bit of support would have gone an incredibly long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A hearty congrats to the Irish for doing the double - Transatlantic Cup champs in both women's and men's. The blokes were far too composed and clinical in their finishing for the Revos (who had beaten the Warriors for the first time in almost 20 years earlier in the tournament) and never really looked challenged after they got out to a decent lead at quarter time.

And how about the Banshees? Unfortunately I missed the live broadcast, but it sounded like an absolute ripper contest with seesawing momentum that largely reflected the changing weather conditions and could only be decided after extra time!

Over to Asian/Pacific Cups for the next installments - hopefully being out of the AFL (Pacific) and AFLW (Asian) seasons will mean some more space for media coverage, though the flip side to that is how many casual footy fans are going to be in figurative hibernation until 2025?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL International Regional Championships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back