AFL is a rabble!!!! (Rick Lewis)

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL would not want any clubs coming out with evidence against them on this.

I reckon a few clubs just might have copies of investigations done against thier players which clearly state no case to answer and then they have been charged.Just like Lewis said last night.That shows the integrity of the competiton is shot.

These clubs have in the past had their hands tied as they know whats happening and can't do squat against the AFL.

Common shows us what you got guys.

The point I liked best was
Lewis answering the AFL saying he should have changed the charge.

His role on Tuesday night was as the Prosector.The police( ie McBurney) laid the charge, when you hit court the Prosecutor can't change the charge at any time, the person laying that charge is the only one who can do that.The AFL knows that.GFancy blaing the proescutor and the judge publically.

The AFL is a rabble.

When the AFL appointed Anderson, they overlooked genuine football people with significant business acumen. They appointed a lawyer.

And now the legal process within the AFL is now as big a joke as the court system in the real world. Surprise, surprise.

PrideOf said:
When the AFL appointed Anderson, they overlooked genuine football people with significant business acumen. They appointed a lawyer.

And now the legal process within the AFL is now as big a joke as the court system in the real world. Surprise, surprise.

Not only that, Anderson is absolutely hopeless when it comes to dealing with the media and PR. He always looks nervous and unsure about what he's talking about. Typical lawyer. Demetriou has made a big mistake appointing this guy and i dont think he'll last to long.

itsintheblood said:
Not only that, Anderson is absolutely hopeless when it comes to dealing with the media and PR. He always looks nervous and unsure about what he's talking about. Typical lawyer. Demetriou has made a big mistake appointing this guy and i dont think he'll last to long.

The trifecta should be Anderson, Robinson, and Collis.

Collis looked like a p !ssed Les Patterson on the FS last night. Explains most of his decisions this season.

Best thing is that the tribunal will be overhauled and hopefully Robinson and Collis will get the flick.

Saints fans have been saying that all year.

campbell said:
The point I liked best was
Lewis answering the AFL saying he should have changed the charge.

His role on Tuesday night was as the Prosector.The police( ie McBurney) laid the charge, when you hit court the Prosecutor can't change the charge at any time, the person laying that charge is the only one who can do that.The AFL knows that.GFancy blaing the proescutor and the judge publically.

The AFL is a rabble.
The prosecutor does have the power to amend a charge once at court. He or she makes a submission to the magistrate, (Now known as 'Your Honour' not your worship anymore - 6.9.04)
Must ask the persmission of the court to be able to amend it. But the informant (police - umpire) doesn't have to be present or consent. Withdrawing a charge is different though.

I do agree, The AFL is a rabble. It looked so bad on the Footy Show last night for the AFL. Good about time.

Yesterday Adrian ANDERSON says the Tribunal needs an overhaul.

Didn't Mick Malthouse say that a number of weeks ago & got fined $5000.00.

What will happen to Adrian then?

But the AFL IS a rabble.

If I didn't love my club so much, I'd leave the AFl to its own devices and follow Box Hill (my most local big league club) in the VFL.

Something has to change, and fast.

eddie mcguire:
"there's going to be a revolution in the afl" or words to that effect.

the afl have ********ed clubs around for nearly a decade in pursuit of its commercial interests.

mcc agreement, uneven draw, manipulation of fixturing, allowing clubs to sell home matches, scheduling 9 melbourne clubs home matches at 2 venues, selective cap concessions, no definitive ruling on playing kits, tribunal inconsistencies, etc

it goes on and on. is it any surprise that the clubs and supporters are disillusioned.

NFL (Nazi Football League) is a rabble!!!! (Rick Lewis)

Last night's Footy Show was probably the first time I've actively cheered at the TV, without a sporting event on. GO RICK GO! YEAH! RA RA! TOU LITTLE RIPPER... !

Joffaboy said:
The trifecta should be Anderson, Robinson, and Collis.

Collis looked like a p !ssed Les Patterson on the FS last night. Explains most of his decisions this season.

Best thing is that the tribunal will be overhauled and hopefully Robinson and Collis will get the flick.

Saints fans have been saying that all year.

How can Saints fans whinge??? We all got another good look at Elbows Gurrera last night, he has gotten away with it all year.

You need to get your facts right JoffaTossa.

jourgo said:
Am I the only one who thinks Adrian Anderson is a contemptible little weasel? He fits the profile of an ambulance chaser so perfectly its frightening. How tight is the grip Andy D has on his nuts?

No you're not the only one...I would be happy for him to if he could not breath for 10 minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have lost a lot of interest in the AFL over the last 3 years but I hope the 'Rick Lewis' affair marks a turning point in getting the cess pool that is the AFL admin under control.

Anderson must go, ASAP! He has compromised the reporting process either through incompetence or personal bias. Throw in the fact that he also has no management skills (he could be hit with a constructive dismisall claim as he effectively made Rick Lewis's position untenable) and he is a walking basket case.

Demitriou must also go, for the simple reason that Adrian Anderson was his appointment over concerns from the clubs and other experienced candidates. Demitriou took a big risk, he recruited an inexperienced person to a key role. The person has failed, badly, and he must be held accountable.

Hopefully this can be the start of getting back to a 'fair' competions, where draws, salary caps, drafts, access to blockbusters etc are addressed and improved for ALL clubs.

I won't hold my breath but as many predicted when he was appointed, Andrew Demitriou, if left to his own devices, will over-see the decline of AFL.

morgoth said:
I have lost a lot of interest in the AFL over the last 3 years but I hope the 'Rick Lewis' affair marks a turning point in getting the cess pool that is the AFL admin under control.

Anderson must go, ASAP! He has compromised the reporting process either through incompetence or personal bias. Throw in the fact that he also has no management skills (he could be hit with a constructive dismisall claim as he effectively made Rick Lewis's position untenable) and he is a walking basket case.

Demitriou must also go, for the simple reason that Adrian Anderson was his appointment over concerns from the clubs and other experienced candidates. Demitriou took a big risk, he recruited an inexperienced person to a key role. The person has failed, badly, and he must be held accountable.

Hopefully this can be the start of getting back to a 'fair' competions, where draws, salary caps, drafts, access to blockbusters etc are addressed and improved for ALL clubs.

I won't hold my breath but as many predicted when he was appointed, Andrew Demitriou, if left to his own devices, will over-see the decline of AFL.

I agree 110%....................

The AFL is at the crossroads.

Integrity is non existant. Double standards are rife. Tribunal is a joke. Competition is lop sided. Grass roots is suffering badly.

I only wish soccer would get it's act together just to put the fear of god in demetriou.

itsintheblood said:
The AFL is at the crossroads.

Integrity is non existant. Double standards are rife. Tribunal is a joke. Competition is lop sided. Grass roots is suffering badly.

I only wish soccer would get it's act together just to put the fear of god in demetriou.

If Soccer Australia gets its act together within the next 5 years or so, a decade later the AFL will have the attendances and interest levels of domestic test cricket.

Dont worry, under Lowry, soccer IS getting its act together. At Junior level the count is 3 kids to soccer for every 1 to Aussie Rules.

Demetriou is looking more shell shocked every day. Anderson is just out of his depth. I agree with the comment about him presiding over the demise of AFL if left to his own devices.

But he's not the only one. What about the pro Vic voices of Eddie and Co? How do they serve a national comp? What about the narrow minded pro Vic media lead by Mike Sheehan?

I'm not anti Vic by any means - but I am anti people who put their own interests or profile ahead of the game and there are PLENTY of those around all trying to feed off the AFL.

There will come a point when it all blows up like NRL SuperLeague and then hopefully we will end up with a fair NATIONAL comp. Until then....go you mighty SANFL Double Blues!!!

Slimey Anderson has just tried to cover his (_!_) on the AFL page, willing to burn anyone to save his own hide

feenix67 said:
Dont worry, under Lowry, soccer IS getting its act together. At Junior level the count is 3 kids to soccer for every 1 to Aussie Rules.

It has been like that for 25 years at least. Soccer has always been far more popular at junior level. Doesn't mean it will ever enter the national consciousness as the pinnacle of Australian sport.

If anyone can get soccer up, Demetriou and Anderson have more chance than Lowry.

Adrian Anderson is a little boy playing in a mans game. He has absolutely no idea. Can you picture him having a football related discussion with the likes of pagan, sheedy, malthouse, matthews? They'd chew him up and spit him out. And now we have demetriou come out with crap like this.

Demetriou disappointed by outburst
1:39:33 PM Fri 10 September, 2004
Angus Morgan
Sportal

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has said that he feels 'sad and disappointed' about the public outburst from AFL investigations officer Rick Lewis over the league's treatment of Lewis relating the Jonathan Brown rough play case.

Lewis has told the media that he believes he's being made responsible for the failure of Brown's case to proceed when the Lions argued successfully that the incident at the Gabba last Friday did not take place during 'play', but after the quarter-time siren.

Demetriou said he's keen to catch up with Lewis for a chat over the next few days.

"I'm not going to comment on what will happen to Rick. I'm not quite sure what motivated him to go on the airwaves," Demetriou told a media conference at AFL Headquarters on Friday.

"I sort of found the thing quite disappointing and sad in some ways given that Rick has given pretty good service to the AFL.

"He would know that the AFL have supported him over a number of years, so I'm not quite sure what motivated him. I just found the whole thing pretty disappointing.

"We're all subject to criticism. I'm subject to criticism every day of the week, but I'm not in the habit of getting on the airwaves and discussing or airing my dirty linen in a public forum."

Demetriou strongly defended the handling of the case by AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson.

"Adrian Anderson has done an absolutely outstanding job," Demetriou said.

"Adrian wouldn't be siting in this chair next to me if I didn’t think, as does our Commission and the other members of our management team, that he is a person of the highest integrity.

"Any questions about Adrian's management skills or personal integrity I will defend to the hilt all day, every day."

itsintheblood said:
"Adrian Anderson has done an absolutely outstanding job," Demetriou said.

"Adrian wouldn't be siting in this chair next to me if I didn’t think, as does our Commission and the other members of our management team, that he is a person of the highest integrity.

"Any questions about Adrian's management skills or personal integrity I will defend to the hilt all day, every day."

Sounds desperate to protect his boy! Looks like they will both end up going.

Interesting that everyone is seeing Soccer as the threat. I actually think there could be a two pronged attack on the AFL, soccer and basketaball. Both are huge international sports with huge junior participation.

The Soccer plan is well known but basketball is also planning a comeback. They have just signed a big deal with Phillips and will are setting their eyes on Asia (like Soccer).

I can see a situation where talented tall kids end up playing b ball whilst smaller talented players end up in soccer. End result the AFL talent pool is drained.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL is a rabble!!!! (Rick Lewis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back