AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows maybe tru blu hopes to bring big ant back and they just needed AFl Live 2 out in 2013

Hopefully that's the case. I assume BigAnt have had all hands on deck with getting Cricket done and out the door and just couldn't feasably get an AFL game out as well this time.

you'd think now big at have built cricket 14 that they'd be able to get each title out 2 years after the previous iteration in that franchise

Hope that's the case as well. I remember Ross saying that once they had their bases set they'd be able to do more with the games since the engine and base code is already done. If it means we get BA Cricket this year and AFL this time next year, and so on, i'd be fine with that.

But if sales for AFL2 are shit, or profit margin is massive, do we really expect tru blu to do the "right" thing and let BA keep developing ?

The fans and product quality is not Tru Blus priority here.

They are not on our side.

They smell a cash grab on a piggyback of Ross' hard work.

What do they mean when they say 15 year career mode from the TAC Cup to AFL? Do they mean as a coach or player like in FIFA?

http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/afl-live-2-confirmed/0118211
Gamers will have to manage sponsorships, staffing, tribunal disputes, drafting, trading and emails.
precisely what WW had in there failed attempt on wii and iphone

TAC Cup, the VFL, the AFL, and some bonus teams including the Big V, the Indigenous All-Stars, and teams from the International Cup.
How many companies decide to put an international cup in?

Also TruBlu would have named the publisher had the company they hired to make AFL live 2 had a decent reputaion, in which WW does not

So pumped that there 15 year career mode so you can start from scratch anf work to the top I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the new salary stuff

And also the new teams

They have. I know they started taking all the photos and stuff early in the year about Jan/Feb may have even been in December they started, Hayden Crozier told a mate of mine about it.
Yes Im sure port adelaide came out and said they had a photo shoot with the creators of afl live

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said 5 years....I didn't suggest they've put it together in 2 months. The reality is, Big Ant took 2 years to make their game and they are a reputable company for Australian dev standards. So to match them is a good effort, and based on that in 2 years the best we could hope for is good gameplay and shit features. Instead we'll get the opposite, shit gameplay and good features. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I won't be. No games launch the full package without prior iterations, and that's what the new dev is clearly trying to do.

I said 5 years....I didn't suggest they've put it together in 2 months. The reality is, Big Ant took 2 years to make their game and they are a reputable company for Australian dev standards. So to match them is a good effort, and based on that in 2 years the best we could hope for is good gameplay and shit features. Instead we'll get the opposite, shit gameplay and good features. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I won't be. No games launch the full package without prior iterations, and that's what the new dev is clearly trying to do.
And how exactly don't you know they haven't been putting it together for some time? Probably started last year or something.. 5 years for a game lol

But who knows.. Guess we'll see once it's released.

Who knows maybe tru blu hopes to bring big ant back and they just needed AFl Live 2 out in 2013

I reckon that's a distinct possibility.

Sorry to say but this stinks of a cash grab. Perhaps BA advised dollars for a full release & with the full slate they currently have it meant a fair jump in cost with extra training and recruitment etc; TB decided too expensive and that with the break in drinks they would make more money from AFL2-lite than with another patch. WW or someone else stepped up to the plate.

Really hope that I'm wrong and gutted to hear this news. If BA don't get to release another AFL title in the future that will be fair dinkum the greatest travesty in AFL-gaming history. It's probably the type of scenario where you just wish Dimitriou's kids played AFL games and were clued up as to what was going on.

And how exactly don't you know they haven't been putting it together for some time? Probably started last year or something.. 5 years for a game lol

You have a lot to learn about game development.

1 year is not a long time. 5 years, is normal.

**** you're thick. 2 years is not enough for what they are trying to achieve, what don't you get?

My point is, it would take 5 years of development to get to the point the new AFL game is aiming for. BigAnt could maybe have achieved it, but a new dev certainly could not. You see, 2 years for AFL Live and 2 years for AFL Live 2 would equal 4 years of development. Hmm, how ridiculous. Someone should tell FIFA they are being stupid, developing a game for nearly 20 years. What idiots :rolleyes:

**** you're thick. 2 years is not enough for what they are trying to achieve, what don't you get?

My point is, it would take 5 years of development to get to the point the new AFL game is aiming for. BigAnt could maybe have achieved it, but a new dev certainly could not. You see, 2 years for AFL Live and 2 years for AFL Live 2 would equal 4 years of development. Hmm, how ridiculous. Someone should tell FIFA they are being stupid, developing a game for nearly 20 years. What idiots :rolleyes:
Agh yeah you can say i'm thick i accept that, i get you now. Apologies

Haha all good man, bit of anger in me atm directed towards some scum member of society who has me the subject of an investigation into leaving the scene of an accident I was never part of, and that came out on here. Sorry about that
It's fine, my fault for not reading properly the first time haha.. All good :)

But this is a sports game, surely the production time differs because of the ever-updating nature of such a game
Not really, even EA Sports work on 2 year production cycles within their development companies and games. And they have thousands of developers working on those games. Yes they bring titles out every year, but they work on an overarching 2 year cycle where certain features are brought in purely in service of the next years title, sort of like a beta version.

BigAnt were going to work on a 2 year cycle from what I remember Ross mentioning. But that being said, it took them around 4-5 years to just get AFL Live up and running with the features we got for that.

Now we've got Wicked Witch coming from who knows what sort of cycle (I highly doubt they jumped into AFL Live 2 once they finished AFL on Wii) and also working on a system that they've never made a game for with tech that you can only assume at this point is either upgraded Wii tech or something new that would be even harder to nail down.

I was playing AFL 04 today for a bit of nostalgia and it made me think IR worked on AFL for a good 5-6 years and it's interesting to see how that series evolved and improved but never really reached any great heights. I just feel the same for WW that they've had 3 attempts already and they still fail to get the core mechanics right surely it's time to give it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back