AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

wut

1174911_10151826456032645_1207602471_n.jpg

ross would their be a certain release schedule in the license agreement with the afl? eg. the afl wants a game released by a certain date of a certain year ? and thats why the game has come out when the developer has said the game still needed 6 months put into it?

So I played it for a couple of hours and to be honest, it is not as bad as people say. Apart from the horrible set-shot mechanic, and injuries happening A LOT in career mode, I didn't really see anything else that overly bugged me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the back page of the booklet, the credits page it has a whole list of songs during the game they include the team songs and even mention an anthem, where exactly are these played. Its like the same 3 songs played during the menu isnt it?

Whats unlockable in this game- more bonus teams?

So has anyone got far enough into it to comment how the career mode works?

My brother got fired from Port Adelaide and went to coburg after losing 6 games in a row. You also have to create a player who will be in your team, and be manager. You probably want to know more, but I honestly don't know much about trading players, the draft, and retirees yet.

The XP system seems pretty decent FWIW. I don't know if the manager mode is worth much time though, as it doesn't seem terribly challenging. I'd honestly only reccomend buying the game if you play it with someone else the first time. Its hard to have fun sucking (the game is ridiculously hard at first due to the silly controls) when you are alone.

Anyone got right the way through a season and unlocked the 'secret' or 'special' teams? DC, Tom Harley, Victoria etc. The DC legends team intrigues me. I imagine the others are pretty standard.

Reading the back page of the booklet, the credits page it has a whole list of songs during the game they include the team songs and even mention an anthem, where exactly are these played. Its like the same 3 songs played during the menu isnt it?
Whats unlockable in this game- more bonus teams?
I assume the anthem will be played at the start of finals but I also have the glitch with the team songs which is really annoying. Also I believe the unlockables are bonus teams, heritage guernseys and vfl stadiums which aren't available in single match mode.
No worries, there is no doubt you can be a fan of both, especially as they are totally different games.
You talked before about your stance on the vita and your sports franchises on the platform, I was just wondering would WW be in that same situation if tru blu decided to put you guys back in charge of the console versions and allowed WW to continue to develop their AFL games as vita exclusives ? ( as I'd love any afl on the vita and i'd like to see both your and WWs franchise develop and see where you can both take them)

seriously the artificial difficulty's the ****ing worst in this, it'd be half decent on legend if not for it. instead, i find myself tackling 8 or 9 times as the ball progresses down the ground and having them drop the ball and not be pinged for it while i proceed to get bent over every time i go near it. i mean i'm all for a challenge but make the AI smarter (which admittedly they kind of are on legend), don't give them abilities that we don't have.

edit: and whoever decided to put the kick and tackle functions on the same button needs a bullet

Is there any info on what the patch will fix? Frustrating as f*** to play at the moment..

Are they releasing a patch soon, or are you just referring to the one they alluded to that will be released in six months time as DLC?

I would seriously hope they have a patch in the works to push out soon, in order to fix up a lot of the major bugs that the game is riddled with.

I assume the anthem will be played at the start of finals but I also have the glitch with the team songs which is really annoying. Also I believe the unlockables are bonus teams, heritage guernseys and vfl stadiums which aren't available in single match mode.
You talked before about your stance on the vita and your sports franchises on the platform, I was just wondering would WW be in that same situation if tru blu decided to put you guys back in charge of the console versions and allowed WW to continue to develop their AFL games as vita exclusives ? ( as I'd love any afl on the vita and i'd like to see both your and WWs franchise develop and see where you can both take them)

I can only answer in general about the Vita. Sony have announce a <$100 version of the Vita that I believe may do very well, if it does you may get more content, until then I would say there will be very little coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back