AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on the gameplay. One year of very good gameplay is much better than fifteen years of average gameplay.
The good thing is that you can start from the tac cup. And stuff drafting, trading, finances, tribunal, training will be added, that will make it good

I've been playing AFL Gold (the Wii game on ipad) a lot recently and I find that even though the game as a whole has a tonne of problems the career mode has kept me coming back. Starting in the vfl and playing in that grade for 2 years before being offered contracts by a number of AFL clubs was really interesting and now playing my first year at Freo ( I think of the career mode more as a my player mode really). Although the fact that it only includes the VFL (no WAFL or SANFL etc.) annoys me and it was the same with having only the vics in the first AFL Live and continues that thought of Vics thinking it revolves around them (no offence).

The good thing is that you can start from the tac cup. And stuff drafting, trading, finances, tribunal, training will be added, that will make it good

All nice features, but they aren't related to actual gameplay at all. 15 years is roughly 360+ matches and there's no way I'm going to make it past 20 of those games if the actual gameplay itself is fairly ordinary.

Anyway, still holding out some small form of hope that the gameplay might just be slightly better than I think it will be. The new Rugby game from Sidhe/TruBlu is surprisingly decent and I really didn't expect much at all there either so you never know I guess. And one promising thing I have noticed for AFL Live 2 is the player positions on the radars from the screenshots, gives me the impression that tactics may play a bigger role in this game than the first one.

A lot of negativity here, the screenshots already look better than AFL Live 1. I remember Big Ant promising to deliver us one perfect feature each game, with the first being gameplay. Well the gameplay was far from perfect. I'm excited to see what this new game can deliver.

A lot of negativity here, the screenshots already look better than AFL Live 1. I remember Big Ant promising to deliver us one perfect feature each game, with the first being gameplay. Well the gameplay was far from perfect. I'm excited to see what this new game can deliver.
I agree, give them a chance.

You've missed the point entirely. The point is that if the gameplay is horrid, 15 years of career means nothing. Personally i couldn't give any less of a shit about finances and training. I want to play football.

I don't think Big Ant ever said that they would have perfect gameplay, they merely said it was the #1 priority. It was, and it showed. It was a fun game to play, particularly online. The AI was too simplistic though and I doubt I've have lasted long in a career mode anyway.

You've missed the point entirely. The point is that if the gameplay is horrid, 15 years of career means nothing. Personally i couldn't give any less of a shit about finances and training. I want to play football.
You haven't played it yet, have you?

You haven't played it yet, have you?

Again, that's not the point. His point is that a career mode is only useful if the core gameplay is fun.

If you thought that the game had fun gameplay then great, and having a career mode is a bonus. I personally haven't played the Wii version so I can't comment.

If the gameplay sucks though, as many people said about the Wii version, then I doubt many people will come back just for the career aspect. Career mode is the icing, not the cake.

Again, that's not the point. His point is that a career mode is only useful if the core gameplay is fun.

If you thought that the game had fun gameplay then great, and having a career mode is a bonus. I personally haven't played the Wii version so I can't comment.

If the gameplay sucks though, as many people said about the Wii version, then I doubt many people will come back just for the career aspect. Career mode is the icing, not the cake.

Yes I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else notice how that site lists Big Ant Studios as the Developer... lol fail.

Also these achievements do give some incites, there are a few of the vfl grounds to play on so will be interesting to see if the level of detail is different in them as to the larger AFL stadiums

I'm getting the feeling there's no create-a-team feature based off the achievements.
AFL Wii didn't have one either so it's not too surprising.

I'm getting the feeling there's no create-a-team feature based off the achievements.
AFL Wii didn't have one either so it's not too surprising.

There's an edit team and create players option in Footy Factory. So I'd assume there's a team creation option as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back