AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I do expect the gameplay to differ a lot from the Wii version. The gameplay for that game was supposed to contrast the gameplay of AFL Live while this time it's supposed its sequel. I am doubtful that this game can replicate AFL Live's gameplay but I do have some hope that it will turn out alright if it's going in this direction.

I've been living under a rock for the past few months as it pertains to the next AFL Live game,
all I've heard is the game will be released "late this year"
Does anyone have an update on the release date?
Also will there be a team list update before season 2014?

Jeepers! ...ease up there, cowboy.

Players standing still instead of leading at the ball carrier doesn't take away from the player's enjoyment? That's a fairly naive statement, isn't it?

As for you thinking I'm being overly negative, I think that's a by-product of you being overly positive. I wouldn't still be here if I wasn't interested in playing this game, and I hope it's the best damn game I've ever played just as much as the next guy here does, but that doesn't stop me from looking at the situation with a cold eye.

Of course they're standing still, it's a screenshot...

I've been living under a rock for the past few months as it pertains to the next AFL Live game,
all I've heard is the game will be released "late this year"
Does anyone have an update on the release date?
Also will there be a team list update before season 2014?

Only release info is later this year. Going by prior AFL games, I'd say early September.

WAIT?!? you mean to tell me the publisher Tru Blu is not the developer like they told us?! :0

tru blu thanks for lying to your consumers and treating them like children, thanks!

If you look at the screenshots, you can already see it has elements from AFL Live, including the goal kicking system, which obviously indicates it's not a direct port of the Wii version. The lighting is better, and the player models look as good if not better, stadium detail looks better. It's clear they've taken elements from BOTH the Wii and console versions and combined them (which is good, they both had features that the other didn't). 12-18 months is plenty of time..... Seeing as they've got more experience developing AFL games than Big Ant. Look at the improvement of AFL Challenge to AFL Wii.

I'll cop a lot but I'm not copping that! We've got people here that have been in the industry for more than 20 years and have worked on many an AFL game. It's just that they didn't make a good one until they came arrived at Big Ant :p

Sorry to let the facts get in the way of your cool story :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll cop a lot but I'm not copping that! We've got people here that have been in the industry for more than 20 years and have worked on many an AFL game. It's just that they didn't make a good one until they came arrived at Big Ant :p

Sorry to let the facts get in the way of your cool story :)

So you have no faith in Wicked Witch to pull off a good game? By any chance, are there any ex-Big Ant employee's working at Wicked Witch at the moment?

If you look at the screenshots, you can already see it has elements from AFL Live, including the goal kicking system, which obviously indicates it's not a direct port of the Wii version. The lighting is better, and the player models look as good if not better, stadium detail looks better. It's clear they've taken elements from BOTH the Wii and console versions and combined them (which is good, they both had features that the other didn't). 12-18 months is plenty of time..... Seeing as they've got more experience developing AFL games than Big Ant. Look at the improvement of AFL Challenge to AFL Wii.

This is exactly my feeling towards AFL Live 2. Its not just a port version of AFL Wii, that would look like shit. Sorry to say this BigAntStudios but it will almost look like Rugby League Live graphics. They took both the Big Ant and Wicked Witch versions edited the jerseys and stadium textures a bit (which is why the Simonds Stadium stand is not the new stand, my guess it will be the old stand in SCG). Reshot some player models made better 3d textures of everything (HD from Wii) and done.

I'm glad with how the game looks so far. Until I get it into my hands I'll say this will be one of the best AFL games to date. (Last one was AFL 2000 and something......)

Well they did actually, to several different people.

Again, facts shmacts hey?

Where? You're not even using facts, just accusations. Where did they say they were "developing" it. Not once have I seen them claiming they were developing it. They said they were making it, which doesn't mean developing it, since they're not a developer, they are a game publisher. They made this just like they made AFL Live. Just not developing it, they hire a developer.

Where? You're don't even use facts, just accusations. Where did they say they were "developing" it. Not once have I seen them claiming they were developing it. They said they were making it, which doesn't mean developing it, since they're not a developer, they are a game publisher. They made this just like they made AFL Live. Just not developing it, they hire a developer.

They said they were "developing" it on several comments on their official Facebook page, as well as by return email for some. This was all stated and even screen capped here in this very thread.

Starting to think your an employee you've become that defensive ;)

They said they were "developing" it on several comments on their official Facebook page, as well as by return email for some. This was all stated and even screen capped here in this very thread.

Starting to think your an employee you've become that defensive ;)

Okay, so where are these screen captures for this claim? All you're doing at the moment is making accusations. If I were trying to back a statement up, I'd show a source for my claim.

Okay, so where are these screen captures for this claim? All you're doing at the moment is making accusations. If I were trying to back a statement up, I'd show a source for my claim.

Read the bloody thread.

I love how everyone is suddenly an expert on game development. :thumbsu:

i'm not an expert in games... lets just say I have software for games development.
unity_3_screen_shot_2010-09-21_at_8-32-02_pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back