AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Now who's nitpicking mate? The words 'making' and 'developing' have much similar meanings than the words 'making' and 'publishing' do. It's obvious what the Facebook poster was asking and it's even more obvious that TruBlu don't want to mention the developer (as they still haven't) for fear of the public's feedback.

i'm not an expert in games... lets just say I have software for games development.
unity_3_screen_shot_2010-09-21_at_8-32-02_pm.png

All that means is that you've been to http://unity3d.com/unity/download/

by making they mean publishing the final copy...

More like, financing the development, paying the staff of developers, paying for the licenses, paying for layout, printing, and possibly the writing of the user manual and box design; on top of that, even telling the developer's what to do during development. I did call Tru Blu, and they made it seem like Big Ant had no creative back when they were developing AFL Live.

More like, financing the development, paying the staff of developers, paying for the licenses, paying for layout, printing, and possibly the writing of the user manual and box design; on top of that, even telling the developer's what to do during development. I did call Tru Blu, and they made it seem like Big Ant had no creative back when they were developing AFL Live.

Yes, that's clearly what the facebook poster was asking... :rolleyes:

NBA games seems correct.

Well not really, about 9 minute quarters for 2K games is accurate. And NBA is different, the ball is in clean possession 95% of the time. In AFL and soccer, the only way to really extend games to make them longer would be to increase congestion and reduce cleanness, which would frustrate most people. FIFA is a very very successful game and the games are less than 1/7th of their real life counterparts for most people to get accurate scorelines.

So if I asked you, "Hey mate, who's making AFL Live 2?", you'd answer, "TruBlu", would you? Without saying anything about WW?

I'm sure the egotism of the publisher is different from mine, but hey, if I had to pay for everything and practically told the developer what to do, I think I might take all the chocolates. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, Tru Blu really are just a bunch of c***s

So once they deleted that comment (for obvious reasons, though not to you it seems), why not answer the question at all?

"(for obvious reasons, though not to you it seems)" What, because I'm not a sheep who will take messed up information that's now speculation, and think of it as fact? They don't really have to answer this question, if you take a couple of seconds to Google them up, check out their website, Wikipedia, Facebook, just anything about them, you will find that they are not a game developer. Maybe call them up and ask if they're a video game developer if you can't take those few seconds to type their name into Google, and search them up. I really do believe it was an egotistic act, and they didn't want people to get the wrong idea thinking they're the game developer, even though they never put, "we are the developer in a sentence (or that I have seen)." I mean, I'd love for you to prove me wrong, and show me something that has them saying, "We are the developers of AFL Live 2", that came from them, not from a crappy source.
LOL, Tru Blu really are just a bunch of c***s

lol, they were nice, they gave me a bunch of information back then. It was actually Big Ant who got me to call them, since I tried them first, and then I called up Tru Blu.
BigAntStudios can attest to this I'm sure ;)

Well, that's what game publishers do. I hope the developer's do have some sort of freedom, maybe I'm wrong. I might try and call them during the week, and ask about the control process. They did act like they were working on the game , cause the guy was like, "I need to get back to work on this game.", lmao. There was a lot of stuff he couldn't tell me, since it he'd get in trouble (this is Tru Blu btw).

So you have no faith in Wicked Witch to pull off a good game? By any chance, are there any ex-Big Ant employee's working at Wicked Witch at the moment?

The claim was that WW have more experience than BA, I refute that.

The claim was that WW have more experience than BA, I refute that.

Well, maybe at having more AFL games made, and now probably even more AFL game development time. They've put out like four, to your one and DLC. I know AFL Live started development probably in 2008, since it was announced in November, 2008, that you were going to be making a Football game. I think Wicked Witch would have started probably in 2009, since it says on their website AFL Challenge was developed in only months, before it was released in September, 2009. Oh, yeah, is it possible you could make a follow up to AFL Live? Even though Tru Blu kinda stiffed ya on the negotiations? Or did you just get rid of everything you had developed?

Well, maybe at having more AFL games made, and now probably even more AFL game development time. They've put out like four, to your one and DLC. <Snip>

piss off, you must be on drugs.

That's like saying they guy with the most shots on goal is the best forward even if they kick them all out on the full!

All that leads too is the crowd asking HTF they ever get selected every week!

Man, you really hate Wicked Witch's guts.

No, not at all, refuting you opinion that the number of titles attempted has a bearing on anything... and that you must be on some serious drugs :)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back