AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 10 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I want to go online until someone else here at Big Ant loses a game - first loss is going to be historic :)

Early last year when a previous Big Ant game came out, I had a few online games against a few amaricans. Ross and a few others from the studio were standing begins me, watching me race. By this time I'd been working on it for 1.5 years, so thought I was quite good. I unfortunately had voice chat on the tv speakers as one guy I was racing against lapped me and started sledging me over voice chat, much to Ross's amusement.

That was embarrassing enough, now this. If I'm in the list of Big Ant accounts, I'm not going online for a month!

Unless Ross has stated otherwise, there's still the mystery over whether each team is equal online or is rated properly.

I personally think that having ratings is for the better. I'm confident enough that AFL fans are devoted enough to their team that every second person won't play as Collingwood/Geelong/St Kilda, much like people play as Chelsea, Man U, Barcelona in FIFA.

How does everyone here feel?

Early last year when a previous Big Ant game came out, I had a few online games against a few amaricans. Ross and a few others from the studio were standing begins me, watching me race. By this time I'd been working on it for 1.5 years, so thought I was quite good. I unfortunately had voice chat on the tv speakers as one guy I was racing against lapped me and started sledging me over voice chat, much to Ross's amusement.

That was embarrassing enough, now this. If I'm in the list of Big Ant accounts, I'm not going online for a month!

How unfortunately hilarious. If I come up against Ross in a match I think I'd try to kick a quick goal then play kick to kick for the rest of the game...:D

With regards to 3D crowd, I would hope that they wouldnt waste precious GPU/CPU clock cycles on rendering 40,000 idiots I couldn't care less about.

Secondly, Ill bet anything they are using billboarding for the crowd. Which basically means its 40,000 2D rectangles placed in the world. Of which you would imagine a variety of about 8 different people in the crowd haha.

There is no way that the crowd would be 3D it will definitely be in 2D. I don't think they would waste their time putting in a 3D crowd it wouldn't be worth it when nobody cares about the crowd IMO

only thing i care about is whether the crowd reacts when someone kicks a goal
or if mooney grabs the ball you hear BOOO

Off Topic: Isn't it a mixture of boos and "Moo"? Much like there is "Coo" for Cooney and "Roo" for N.Riewoldt, with both of those two mixed with boos aswell?

Straight into the season for me. I will play as the home teams and go through 22 rounds to see who is the better teams on it, then sim the finals.

Probably some online play chucked in there as well. What will you be doing first?

Ill do a game first off, Richmond vs someone, then i will be straight into creating an 18th side , and swapping some players who won't play much at other clubs into that side, along with putting my mates and I into our supported teams, then straight into a season with that 18th side included. I hate the bye, cant stand it, so am keen to make a new team (giants possibly) depends on the jumpers/logos available.

So I would end up moving guys that are decent enough but get overlooked unless injurys. I figure there is no point having say a Dean Polo for example left at St kilda. 40 odd players on a list, and in reality depending on injurys, only 25-30 might play games for the rest of the competition, compared to your own side where you have the ability to drop guys on form or just to try a new guy out.

At the end of each season would check on stats, and then say delist 5 guys from each side, and then re draft them to another side, and maybe move the odd star to another club, it would get pretty boring if you kept the same teams every season, and adding Buddy Franklin to Carlton etc for example changes their whole team complexion totaly

i dont know if anyone has asked this but have coaches been modelled up for cut scenes?

Ross, West Coast just announced they will wear this in 2 games.

25th%20year%20guernsey%20TS%20680x327.jpg

Obviously, it'll then be in the game, but I want to know, did you guys already knew about this, i.e. does the AFL give you inside information?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, my name is Brodie I wrote the article.

We're just waiting for our bossman to get it all together and it will hopefully go up very soon. He's just tending to his real-life at the moment, haha.

So, patience will be a virtue. But soon you guys can read my impressions of the game and see some brand new screenies. :)

Alright folks, the article has just gone live.

www.xboxworld.com.au (just hit the main splash, folks)

What you'll read are my personal impressions of the AFL Live game, as I was lucky enough to be invited by Ross and the guys into the studio earlier today to see it in action and have a go myself. Along with the feature there are also a couple of new exclusive screenshots.

I'll ask you guys not to hotlink them, if you could refrain from doing so that'd be great. We'd obviously appreciate it if you took the time to visit our site to view our content, as it only helps us in the end and you still get what you're after. So I'll thank you in advance for that.

After you've had a read, I don't see why I can't answer any questions you guys might have. Obviously there are parameters to what I can and can't answer, so please try to be sensible but otherwise I'm glad to answer what I can based on what I have seen and sampled.

Thanks a lot guys, hope you enjoy.

Also, bare in mind I am not a professional games journalist like that fella from The Age. I just do this for a hobby, though I do hope to get a lot better at it over time; 'we're none of us perfect' after all.

Alright folks, the article has just gone live.

www.xboxworld.com.au (just hit the main splash, folks)

What you'll read are my personal impressions of the AFL Live game, as I was lucky enough to be invited by Ross and the guys into the studio earlier today to see it in action and have a go myself. Along with the feature there are also a couple of new exclusive screenshots.

I'll ask you guys not to hotlink them, if you could refrain from doing so that'd be great. We'd obviously appreciate it if you took the time to visit our site to view our content, as it only helps us in the end and you still get what you're after. So I'll thank you in advance for that.

After you've had a read, I don't see why I can't answer any questions you guys might have. Obviously there are parameters to what I can and can't answer, so please try to be sensible but otherwise I'm glad to answer what I can based on what I have seen and sampled.

Thanks a lot guys, hope you enjoy.

Also, bare in mind I am not a professional games journalist like that fella from The Age. I just do this for a hobby, though I do hope to get a lot better at it over time; 'we're none of us perfect' after all.

Mate that was a fantastic read! Bookmarked your website already. Cheers for the insight man.

Thanks a lot everyone, I really do appreciate the kind words.

Hope it is as informative as I tried to put across. It's really hard to be critical and judge a game like this that we've been so excited about for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back