AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbopal, The create a player, did it seem to be a quick process or in depth/lengthy, takes a bit of time to do?

I seriously don't care about crowds, no sports sim game has had crowds that don't look like card board cut outs as far as I'm concerned.

I play NHL 09 a lot and their crowds are all 3D models. Although they only show the bottom stand and there's not a lot of seats there.
I don't like cardboard cut outs but in the end it's just a game and I can definitely deal with it if the gameplay is good.

To the poster who said he hasn't seen a game without a 2D crowd.
nba2k11crowdpicture.jpg

Gibbopal, The create a player, did it seem to be a quick process or in depth/lengthy, takes a bit of time to do?

Depends how thorough you want to be in intricately crafting your player. Like I said, it is as deep and rich in features as the Tiger Woods series where you can literally morph every detail of a player's face. So if you're one of those fellas who wanted the legends in the game, heck you'd probably be able to re-create them if you put the time in. :p

But yeah, I'd say it's a decent mode. Certainly not one that just seems tacked on, it has some substance.

As for what Gareth asked last thread regarding using the screens and information for the FAQ - as long as Ross is fine with it, then no dramas mate. We wouldn't dream of impeding you from our end. :)

nba2k11crowdpicture.jpg

That's an NBA game. Their budget would eclipse Big Ant's - so I think Big Ant have done well to get priorities right and focus on the things that really matter. Not things like sock length. :p

Realistically, Didak and Buddy should be the only 2 players in the game who can bag a goal from 45 on the boundary on the non-preffered side (left side of goals in both cases) haha

Well if they're prepared to do that for us, we'd certainly love the credit. We worked pretty hard to put this together in just a day, so it'd mean a lot.

That's an NBA game. Their budget would eclipse Big Ant's - so I think Big Ant have done well to get priorities right and focus on the things that really matter. Not things like sock length. :p

I don't give 2 ****s about the crowd or sock lengths..I'm just being a smart ass :)
What is the music in the menu like? Modern or Old School?

nba2k11crowdpicture.jpg
What I mean is, if you play with the 2K camera in the NBA 2K series; you see the crowd side on and they don't look so good, their heads are like shark heads, pointed at the front, but you don't even notice, I seriously don't even pay attention to the crowds after one first glimpse when I first get games, plus if the default camera angle is high up like FIFA's you will be too far away for them to even look like Card Board cut outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play NHL 09 a lot and their crowds are all 3D models. Although they only show the bottom stand and there's not a lot of seats there.
I don't like cardboard cut outs but in the end it's just a game and I can definitely deal with it if the gameplay is good.

Keep in mind though Hockey has far less going on then a game of AFL having 3D crowd models would take up unnecessary space that could be put towards other things just like Madden 11

With regard to the "fast whistle", this is to stop an exploit where the game is tight and you just tie it up (remembering that the clock is running 20 minutes down in a three minute real-time period), but as said before, it isn't instantaneous.

With regard to the "fast whistle", this is to stop an exploit where the game is tight and you just tie it up (remembering that the clock is running 20 minutes down in a three minute real-time period), but as said before, it isn't instantaneous.

Yeah, well there you have it folks. That's the best explanation you'll get.

Would an on ground struggle be feasible for a couple games down the track, do you think Ross?

All good bro...
if you could rate it out of 10, what would you give it?

I'll presume you're referring to the game itself, and not the soundtrack here.

It's hard to give it a numeral rating at this point, as it simply isn't fair. I mean, I saw a fair amount of what the game has to offer, but in terms of what I experienced I'd be doing the game a disservice of rating it now.

I plan on trying to talk Shane into letting me review this when the time comes, cause having had a taste of it I can comfortably say I'm thirsty for more. That's not a numeral rating - but I'm sure that's what you guys would wanna hear for now.

With the commentary name are they all random things or can you have actual names of people/players?? sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

Realistically, Didak and Buddy should be the only 2 players in the game who can bag a goal from 45 on the boundary on the non-preffered side (left side of goals in both cases) haha

You obviously have never watched Danyle Pearce play then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back