AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll presume you're referring to the game itself, and not the soundtrack here.

It's hard to give it a numeral rating at this point, as it simply isn't fair. I mean, I saw a fair amount of what the game has to offer, but in terms of what I experienced I'd be doing the game a disservice of rating it now.

I plan on trying to talk Shane into letting me review this when the time comes, cause having had a taste of it I can comfortably say I'm thirsty for more. That's not a numeral rating - but I'm sure that's what you guys would wanna hear for now.
Yep..was referring to the game :)
Sounds good..my hunger for this game is literally painful..:eek:

The IR Gurus games had a pattern of winning the ruck tap, running down the ground, kicking it to your full forward and getting a goal.
Did you notice anything that happened too often like this?

Forgot about him! Haha yeah I have Port would be my out-of-Vic team haha and I would actually add David Rodan to that list seen some amazing stuff from him on the boundary few times last year.

lol yeah sometimes he kicks amazing goals for the opposition as well :p

The IR Gurus games had a pattern of winning the ruck tap, running down the ground, kicking it to your full forward and getting a goal.
Did you notice anything that happened too often like this?

Not at all, really.

Shane and I certainly weren't capable of this, I don't think I saw it once in our game. I recall maybe seeing it done once, or so, in the game Andy and Francis showed us earlier in the session.

All in all, I would make the bold statement of saying that the gameplay is more balanced this time. I honestly think you'll have a hard time winning some games on hard difficulty, though that also depends on what team you decide to use as well. The game seems like it should be a genuine challenge.

No doubt some of you out there will put in the time to be diabolically good, but for the average player I'd say they will find a better challenge with AFL Live when compared to the older IR Gurus games.

Hi Ross,

Any chance of posting up a snippet of the Title Screen / Main Menu or team selection screen? :D

Would you say the game as a TV like presentation during matches? Pre game screens, stats, etc?

Yeah, well there you have it folks. That's the best explanation you'll get.

Would an on ground struggle be feasible for a couple games down the track, do you think Ross?

We will be looking at it amongst other things, I am also thinking this might be something that will be effected by some rule changes.

Like I already said, I can't discuss what I heard of the track listing. :rolleyes:

As said before, this preview was on the basis that no new info is released but an opinion of the known features and gameplay is given. I understand that everyone wants to know it all now but I am just not allowed to let that happen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you say the game as a TV like presentation during matches? Pre game screens, stats, etc?

Big Ant have remained faithful to keeping large aspects of the TV presentation in their product; in all aspects except the main gameplay itself. As Ross has said repeatedly over time, a crane style camera is used for the gameplay but it works very well and I can't commend the default camera enough.

I honestly was busy talking to the devs during the pre-game, but I did see the teams run out and that looked very nice. As for stats and things, they leave them all for quarter time (same with replays) as to not pause the action. They have that typical Channel 10-esque display after each quarter where it has the scores, the goal kickers under that and then the highest disposal earners under that.

Then you can move onto the other stats, where it compares the teams (total kicks, efficiency, hit outs, etc).

We will be looking at it amongst other things, I am also thinking this might be something that will be effected by some rule changes.

Well it's still great you guys are looking into it.

As for the guarded information, it's safe with me! I swore an oath damnit!*
* = No oath was taken.

Great Read.
Can't wait to see this Game in action! :thumbsu:
Hopefully I can edit Essendons Team Rating, and make their defense better.
At least to what is was tonight. :)

As said before, this preview was on the basis that no new info is released but an opinion of the known features and gameplay is given. I understand that everyone wants to know it all now but I am just not allowed to let that happen!

The stuff you can't reveal must be pretty specific because so far it feels like you've told us everything except some minor details.
Which is great, by the way.

With regard to the "fast whistle", this is to stop an exploit where the game is tight and you just tie it up (remembering that the clock is running 20 minutes down in a three minute real-time period), but as said before, it isn't instantaneous.

But this is a tactic that teams sometimes use in real life? It's up to the other player/team to find a way to break free. Some games should be tight struggles with a lot of stoppages, they can't all be free flowing contests.

I take it we don't have the option for quarters that run longer than 3 minutes in real time? That seems a bit short.

Great article. (Not a big deal and I may be wrong but first sentence of second paragraph should read "It was at this point", no?)

More impressed with Big Ant Studios' effort each time we find out a little more info about the game. To all those who speak of inducing comas on themselves or chronologically freezing themselves - Patience really is a virtue.

Big Ant have remained faithful to keeping large aspects of the TV presentation in their product; in all aspects except the main gameplay itself. As Ross has said repeatedly over time, a crane style camera is used for the gameplay but it works very well and I can't commend the default camera enough.

I honestly was busy talking to the devs during the pre-game, but I did see the teams run out and that looked very nice. As for stats and things, they leave them all for quarter time (same with replays) as to not pause the action. They have that typical Channel 10-esque display after each quarter where it has the scores, the goal kickers under that and then the highest disposal earners under that.

Then you can move onto the other stats, where it compares the teams (total kicks, efficiency, hit outs, etc).

Well it's still great you guys are looking into it.

As for the guarded information, it's safe with me! I swore an oath damnit!*
* = No oath was taken.

Sounds great, I reckon the reason why we ask so many Q's is because it seems too good to be true, an actual decent AFL game that looks great, and is realistic.

Ive had enough of Fifa, NBA, Madden, over the years ! I just want real football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great article. (FYI and not a big deal but first sentence of second paragraph should read "It was at this point", no?)

Yes indeed, well spotted. And thank you, I'll have Shane fix that up for me tomorrow. :)

. If a contest goes to ground, the whistle sounds pretty much immediately and either a ‘ball up’ or ‘holding the ball’ alert decides your fate

Im abit confused, when you get tackled is it only either holding the ball or ball up, does the ball ever spill out when tackled like in previous AFL games and its play on.

Sounds great, I reckon the reason why we ask so many Q's is...

Haha, it's all good. Like I said initially, I'm happy to answer what I can for you guys.

But obviously I've already noted the things I can't touch on. So be mindful of that.

Im abit confused, when you get tackled is it only either holding the ball or ball up, does the ball ever spill out when tackled like in previous AFL games and its play on.

There are instances where the ball spills out, but what I meant by that excerpt was that the call from the umpire comes rather quickly and then the decision is made.

This is related to how I think there should be some kind of 'ground struggle' mechanic introduced somewhere down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back