AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Read.
Can't wait to see this Game in action! :thumbsu:
Hopefully I can edit Essendons Team Rating, and make their defense better.
At least to what is was tonight. :)

you have no idea u played brisbane lions little league side and stkilda had no riewoldt kossie or gardiner ray hayes gilbert dawson wait for the real season and you will be 1 and 5 after 6 rounds

Glad this game is getting the big advertisements it deserves.
Chief should be advertising this game for free on here considering how long it's taken to upgrade Ross from small avatar to big avatar.:thumbsdown:

Chief should be advertising this game for free on here considering how long it's taken to upgrade Ross from small avatar to big avatar.:thumbsdown:

You're not wrong, mate. The ball has been dropped in that respect.

Reading through the article now (and lol at 'sockgate' stuff, seriously can't believe how big that got!:eek:).

Any chance of elaborating on this?
Like FIFA, one of the kick prompts is homed to goal and, regardless of position; the ball-holder will produce their best effort in sending the pill through the big sticks. It helps with spontaneity, and makes play in either 50m arc (attacking or defensive) surprisingly tense.
Did the kicking for goal from that button prompt generally feel like a random affair or is it something that as long as you've got the power and stick direction right you can more likely nail it? Also did you feel that things like time and space really played a part in where the ball went? (this is a HUGE thing in FIFA, if you're given the time and space to take a shot, you're a monty to get it in).

Also I guess the one thing to really ask is, is there a nice spread of goals to behind ratio (since as we all know with previous AFL games you could see stuff like 20-1-121 scorelines)?

If any of that can be elaborated on it would be great.

Just realized where your from Gibbo, not far from me at all. I grew up where L.Brown and Wojo are the hometown heroes and now reside where pendles and gram are the local heroes*

You could have picked me up on the way through to test the game ha ha*

Any chance of elaborating on this? Did the kicking for goal from that button prompt generally feel like a random affair or is it something that as long as you've got the power and stick direction right you can more likely nail it? Also did you feel that things like time and space really played a part in where the ball went? (this is a HUGE thing in FIFA, if you're given the time and space to take a shot, you're a monty to get it in).

Also I guess the one thing to really ask is, is there a nice spread of goals to behind ratio (since as we all know with previous AFL games you could see stuff like 20-1-121 scorelines)?

1. I'd say it's closer to being a sound function than a random affair. If you manage to hit the power on the flush spot before it becomes a scrubber kid, and can angle it well enough toward goal - you should be alright, just so long as you get the height.

I tried pulling one of these off in Shane and my game, but as the ball kept low it was cut off by a defender of his that had dropped back to protect the square; another touch I enjoyed seeing.

2. Of course if you find yourself with a lot of time and space to work with you're able to take very high-chance shots at the goals. Only thing is is that the defenders pressure very well and do their best to corral you and force you onto your wrong foot.

3. Both games I saw today probably had a 2:1 goals to point ratio. I think it'd take a bit of a freakshow effort to manage 20.1 in this game based on the way it played for me. Like I've tried to stress, it seems far more balanced gameplay wise (across the board).

I've read about 150 posts in the last hour. Goddamn this thread moves ****en fast!

...I have nothing else to add.:eek:

This. Got a headache now.

Reading through the article now (and lol at 'sockgate' stuff, seriously can't believe how big that got!:eek:).

Any chance of elaborating on this? Did the kicking for goal from that button prompt generally feel like a random affair or is it something that as long as you've got the power and stick direction right you can more likely nail it? Also did you feel that things like time and space really played a part in where the ball went? (this is a HUGE thing in FIFA, if you're given the time and space to take a shot, you're a monty to get it in).

If any of that can be elaborated on it would be great.

Yeh, good question/s, would love to know more on this too if possible.

Edit: Too slow, thanks GibboPAL.

I hope to god that the training feature on the new afl game is nothing like the training feature on the afl 2007 game that was terrible.

Don't know if gibbo or Ross can say anything on it but I would just love to hear them say it's nothing like the training feature on afl 2007.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if gibbo or Ross can say anything on it but I would just love to hear them say it's nothing like the training feature on afl 2007.

Sorry I couldn't comment even if I were allowed, I didn't see the training activities. :p

Sorry I couldn't comment even if I were allowed, I didn't see the training activities. :p

That's fair enough I proposed the question to both you and Ross just incase you hadn't seen it or didn't het a good look at it.

Hopefully Ross can answer my question.

just wondering what are the goal celebrations like hope not like in any other games is there a training mode and do players kick on their opposite foot often

and i pray that holy grail is the song when you boot up the console with the video
in every afl game i bought i was hoping it was holy grail but it wasnt

just wondering what are the goal celebrations like hope not like in any other games is there a training mode and do players kick on their opposite foot often

and i pray that holy grail is the song when you boot up the console with the video
in every afl game i bought i was hoping it was holy grail but it wasnt

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ross has already mentioned their won't be any 'real' footage in the game. In other words, no Highlights Music Intro thingy.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ross has already mentioned their won't be any 'real' footage in the game. In other words, no Highlights Music Intro thingy.

If I remember correctly afl 2004's intro video was all cg animated of players in the game and had music to it I believe it was grinspoon -lost control.

So I see no reason why bigant couldn't do the same thing but I don't see this happening I see a video much the same as afl 2004 if there is one.

With a generic music over the top my guess would be something with a rock beat to it.

I've read about 150 posts in the last hour. Goddamn this thread moves ****en fast!

...I have nothing else to add.:eek:
Pretty much the same now that we've seen 10 threads come & go.
Lucky I've been reading it before, during & after work or I'd be way behind.

Brodie, your article, for a preview is well written & I enjoyed reading it. Keep it up. If you get to review the game I trust you'll throw up a link (but we'll probably find it anway)

From the 5sec video leak to this positive preview review, it's been a pretty good 24hours for the game & it would have only enhanced the anticipation.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ross has already mentioned their won't be any 'real' footage in the game. In other words, no Highlights Music Intro thingy.[/quote

disappointing but it is good and bad the good thing being we dont have to see collingwood holding the premiership thank god. hopefully they just do a clip of the game being played with the holy grail song

Love the 360 spoiling feature! Definitely adds a new element to defense. I'm a compulsive spoiler in old games (habit, continous marking gets boring), and the ability to spoil either to a team mate in space or to the boundary is awesome.

I like the idea about the ground contests aswell. Also would love the ability to dive in at the ball in a ground contest situation ala Beau Waters, the risk being increased chance of injury I suppose. Just being able to smash into a contest head first would be awesome.

With set shots "they also need to allow for the kicker’s natural fade."... Is buddy's 'fade' in the game like buddy's 'fade' real-life?
Just wondering because he does have a pretty unique bend of the ball when he kicks for goal.
Also his run up is very different to most players. Is that seen in the game, or is everyone's run up pretty much the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back