AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 12 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Ross or anyone who has played the game will it be as enjoyable to play out a game with 20 minute quaters as it would be to play out a game with say 5-10 minute quaters.

Because that was a problem with previous games you could never realy play out more than 10 minute quaters because it got very boring.
Silly Question.

It all depends on how long your attention span is.

Ross might be able to play it for longer where as my 5 y/o nephew would get bored after 2 mins.

To Ross or anyone who has played the game will it be as enjoyable to play out a game with 20 minute quaters as it would be to play out a game with say 5-10 minute quaters.

Because that was a problem with previous games you could never realy play out more than 10 minute quaters because it got very boring.
Personally think 20 minute quarters would just be ridiculous (80 minutes just for one match?!). Because of the pace of the game 5 minutes really feels like a good amount of time, it feels like you can get a lot done in 5 minutes but it also doesn't feel like you are getting too much done, if you know what I mean.

20 minute quarters is definitely too much. I think I tried it a few times on the old games and I was never able to finish a full match. Even then, at half time the scores were like 208-74.

5 minute quarters will probably be the ideal length for most. I imagine it would provide the most realistic scores. I myself love to get really stuck into sports games, so for me I'd love pick 10 minute quarters. I'd have no problem playing out a full game, but I would be worried about the scoreline. If I'm playing in season mode (which is what I'll mostly be doing anyway), I don't want to be scoring over 150 points every match.

If there's an option between 5 and 10 minute quarters, that would be ideal. Though I reckon it will only be 2, 5, 10, 15 & 20 minute quarters.

Hey guys been trying to catch up on this thread!! so i skipped a whole part of trailer bashing and complaining, so appologies if its been said or asked..

Trailer looks great, theyre close ups guys even fifa looks crap sometimes in replays/close ups! guys get over yourselves!!! Big Ant have done a great no wait an EXCELLENT job in their FIRST try, these other afl games had years and couldnt nail it... Even fifa have taken years from fifa 02 where it was a *bare bones* game i remember playing as brazil and scoring every 30 secs with a run down the side and a cross with a scissor kick and to todays version where they have have fixed the easy scoring and even put in goal celebrations and everything!!

Which kinda brings me to ponder i wonder if goal celebrations can be controlled if not nowbut then maybe in future but i know for sure Ross probly wont be able to say but just think guys Ross and Big Ant can advance this game so much quicker than fifa (as they can draw from the fifa/nba games), it took years to get a 'be a pro' mode and Ross has stated they could of done it but it wouldnt have the polish.... SO THINK ABOUT IT, it could very well be in a near future version...

We are all asking, has it got this? or that? just be happy for what it does have!! you can ask i just get frustrated at the ppl then complaining about the answer!! If you have ideas share them so that they can be looked at and possibly used!! STOP just asking is this in it?... THEN complaining that it isnt...

My housemate has a ps3 and i have a 360, so im gonna buy an old ps3 so we can play each other via house network and ill have it on my 360 also so i urge people to buy copies if you want more games in the future just buy them!! give them as pressies or whatever just get the word out that this is 1 000 000 x better than the best previous afl game.. So thats 3 copies if you want to have a competition about anything rather than who can argue the best then argue about how many games your going to help sell!! or even buy yourself!!!

Sorry about my long speil its just get frustrated with ungrateful so and so's who i dont think really appreciate the work and dedication that has gone into this game! Because if they did then they wouldnt bash the game.. Especially when they havent played it yet, and for those who have played it, theyve said its FAR FAR better than any other afl game theyve played.. thanks :)

My housemate has a ps3 and i have a 360, so im gonna buy an old ps3 so we can play each other via house network and ill have it on my 360 also so i urge people to buy copies if you want more games in the future just buy them!!
Wait...why don't you just buy an extra controller and play on the same PS3?

20 minute quarters is definitely too much. I think I tried it a few times on the old games and I was never able to finish a full match. Even then, at half time the scores were like 208-74.

5 minute quarters will probably be the ideal length for most. I imagine it would provide the most realistic scores. I myself love to get really stuck into sports games, so for me I'd love pick 10 minute quarters. I'd have no problem playing out a full game, but I would be worried about the scoreline. If I'm playing in season mode (which is what I'll mostly be doing anyway), I don't want to be scoring over 150 points every match.

If there's an option between 5 and 10 minute quarters, that would be ideal. Though I reckon it will only be 2, 5, 10, 15 & 20 minute quarters.

I'd like 8 or 10 minute quarters. 5 seems a bit too short for me. 8 is bang on, but would settle for 10. Definitely have the 5 option, though.

As long as they have options to choose the length. I'd like 20 to be available, just for realism's sake, but as long as 8-10 can be chosen.

2 minutes for novelty only (fast tournament style play with mates). Otherwise it's way too short.

just wanna thanks to everyone who has developed/made the game and those who have had sneak peaks and been generous enough to share info with us all on here. makes the game build up a lot bigger and i'm certainly looking forward to the release. thanks ross and co. keep up the good work. those who bag the trailer, get over it, at least we're getting a game

Wait...why don't you just buy an extra controller and play on the same PS3?

Well cauz itd be mainly for when we have friends over plus i would occasionly use it for black ops teams.. i get what you mean but we also have our own consoles in our rooms so it would just be easier :)

Edit: Plus extra games bought means extra game sold and i really want more and more years of games to come so it seems like a good investment!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly it's a bigger reflection of the general public compared to here where it's mostly crazed footy fans.

Personally, I don't think the trailer was polished enough to be showing the general public. It's gone over well with people who were already going to buy the game and it will probably win over some of the younger audience when it's on TV but I don't think it's won over many people who are sceptical about AFL games in general (and after the last 10 years there's definitely reason to be sceptical).

The trailer is getting acclaim, the minority are pointing out the issues but I won't ever polish a trailer, ie show you stuff that is not rendered in the engine or "real" (unless it is stated as such). I don't think the trailer will cost us any sales.

There's quite a lot that I've let go that is unpolished.... for the first time, I think, you've had reasonably complete access to the dev team prior to the game being finalised, you guys here have been along for the ride from the lighting of the original snippetts all the way to the final lighting of the last batch of screenshots, and I'm happy for that to have occurred. If I worried too much about letting unpolished work go out then none of this would have happened, indeed you would only have heard about the game starting now (March 2011).

you guys here have been along for the ride from the lighting of the original snippetts all the way to the final lighting of the last batch of screenshots, and I'm happy for that to have occurred. If I worried too much about letting unpolished work go out then none of this would have happened, indeed you would only have heard about the game starting now (March 2011).

Just on that, are you guys still doing a developer diary?

The trailer is getting acclaim, the minority are pointing out the issues but I won't ever polish a trailer, ie show you stuff that is not rendered in the engine or "real" (unless it is stated as such). I don't think the trailer will cost us any sales.

I was actually suggesting being more selective with the clips used and adding more variation with the clips. As a lot of them show rapid changes in animation -I understand why that happens and personally don't have any issue with it but it's something I'd keep out of the spotlight- Brown prematurely celebrating his goal and Essendon beating Hawthorn 3 times (as much as I'd love to see it Hooker taking a specky over Buddy just isn't right) while Hawthorn get the raw deal.

I hope it doesn't cost any sales but there still seem to be too many people who think this game will be the same as the old ones, therefore already giving up on it.

I hope it doesn't cost any sales but there still seem to be too many people who think this game will be the same as the old ones, therefore already giving up on it.

It might cost 1st week, or first month sales, but there are still going to be plenty of us who will buy it first day/week and crow about how f'n awesome it is all over our facebook/twitter, we might be able to sway a couple of the doubters, who will in turn sway their own couple of doubters and so on...

first impressions and memories count for a lot, but you're forgetting one other thing... peer pressure :D

first impressions and memories count for a lot, but you're forgetting one other thing... peer pressure :D

I won't underestimate the power of peer pressure. It's pretty much the whole reason I got my Xbox, along with World at War and Modern Warfare 2.

There's quite a lot that I've let go that is unpolished.... for the first time, I think, you've had reasonably complete access to the dev team prior to the game being finalised, you guys here have been along for the ride from the lighting of the original snippetts all the way to the final lighting of the last batch of screenshots, and I'm happy for that to have occurred. If I worried too much about letting unpolished work go out then none of this would have happened, indeed you would only have heard about the game starting now (March 2011).

Maybe use my trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTA90K3eHvU&feature=feedlik

I won't underestimate the power of peer pressure. It's pretty much the whole reason I got my Xbox, along with World at War and Modern Warfare 2.

Yup. I've got mates who have watched the tralier and said.. meh.. I wont buy that, I'll just play yours. I garuntee that of those 10 mates ish who said that, 6 or 7 of them will get it within the first month.. provided it's as good as I've been telling them, which I think it will be.

Anyone else notice that the sydney snap could possibly not be a goal?? sydney are playing brisbane then when the goal ump signals a goal its a north melb crowd!

Also it looks like its curving anyway so id say it does sneak through..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back