AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 13 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news on the number of custom teams.

You have the standard licensed 17 teams.

Plus now you have an extra 18 custom teams that have up to 50 players that can comprise players from the licensed teams or those that you create yourself. You can then play custom seasons against any of the 17 teams and the custom teams you have created.

sweeeet

I think in reality the strongest years are going to be premiership years so there will be some hard choices, like Brisbane, which team do you choose from the hattrick of wins or do you just make a side containing players from those 3 years.

The forced salary cap is a bit annoying though. It restricts us from making all star teams. I reckon you should be able to make teams without a salary cap but you can't take them online (or you can take them online but your opponent is told what your team's salary is). In FIFA you can play online with Manchester United vs Melbourne Victory so I don't see the issue here.
........ well that is a easy fix you want a allstar teams simple lower the players attributes so that they are really cheap and put them in your team than put the stats back up or wont that work?

Awesome re: custom teams Ross. Sorry I know this has been covered but the penny just dropped...if you hypothetically increased the limit to say 50 custom teams then ultimately there would be some people out there recreating the VFL, SANFL etc. in full micro detail. Getting into pointy hat territory but that's pretty cool - the enthusiast community would be assured. Can you imagine the debates around stats etc. And the painstaking efforts some would make recreating player models.

The exciting part is the teams, stats and fixutres could all break down into simple text style updates. The files would be pretty small and easy to import / export when the ability to share teams was introduced (via a patch this June!! yay just kidding).

Ross is there any chance that current teams' uniforms can be used as templates if we wish to create classic teams? Thanks

You beat me to it, i read about the 18 custom teams this morning before i went to work and was planning on asking this when i got home. i have an idea of re-creating the league i played U/18's football in, all the teams use AFL teams templates for their jumpers lol.

Wow. An extra EIGHTEEN custom teams? That's amazing. How many sides can you cram into a season though? Cause I can see myself making a massive league with Tasmania, more SA and WA teams, an NT and ACT team... maybe even international teams for the lulz.

I hope you can make State of Origin sides. That would be the cherry on the cake for me.

Yeah id say 22 minimum would be significantly quicker, and having the real teams tops as templates would certainly help, but if not it cant be too hard making the simple tops like Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood or North.

BTW, just outta curiosity, what is Richmonds or Melbournes strongest side in the past 20 years? Melbourne 2000? Richmond have just been crap for 30 years now!

Richmond 2001

Ross any chance in future games we can have some legendary grounds from around australia not currently used in the AFL in as unlockable content, like Princess Park, Windy Hill, Whitten Oval, Waverly, etc and maybe this one:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ooty_oval.jpg/800px-Queenstown_footy_oval.jpg

The infamous gravel oval at queenstown.

Wow. An extra EIGHTEEN custom teams? That's amazing. How many sides can you cram into a season though? Cause I can see myself making a massive league with Tasmania, more SA and WA teams, an NT and ACT team... maybe even international teams for the lulz.

I hope you can make State of Origin sides. That would be the cherry on the cake for me.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere you can only have 18 teams in one league, but you could also remove any of the licensed teams you don't want in. So theoretically you could relocate one of the melbourne teams interstate (remove say Nth Melbourne from the league and create a team from canberra in north colours and export north's playing list over) for example. or just kick the poor clubs out all together lol!

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere you can only have 18 teams in one league, but you could also remove any of the licensed teams you don't want in. So theoretically you could relocate one of the melbourne teams interstate (remove say Nth Melbourne from the league and create a team from canberra in north colours and export north's playing list over) for example. or just kick the poor clubs out all together lol!

Oh, that's a shame. Looks like I'll be making a few Vic clubs and Fremantle insolvent and booted out then. :p

Hey, Pav gets to play for the Crows. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, hoping to get a mini topic going that will share some opinions, but once you get this game, what major changes will you make in terms of adding players to your favourite team? For example:

Collingwood get: Ben Cousins (Created) & Majak Daw

Also I think ill put Fevola on Essendon or Adelaide

Hey guys, hoping to get a mini topic going that will share some opinions, but once you get this game, what major changes will you make in terms of adding players to your favourite team? For example:

Collingwood get: Ben Cousins (Created) & Majak Daw

Also I think ill put Fevola on Essendon or Adelaide

Wont make any changes.
Wouldn't you want the teams that you play with the same as in real life?

You could always use the 18 custom teams to create a bizarro AFL league where certain much discussed trades either did or didn't happen. E.g. Judd, Ablett, Fev, Burgoyne, Bruce all still at original clubs; Pav at Adelaide, etc.

Can I just say that this section was bloody awesome when I had a look at the game. It was done so well, and was very stylish. Wasn't sure if I could mention it before, but I suppose I can now, and let me tell you, it looks absolutely fantastic in the game.
Agreed. It's a nifty little look at some cool things in the game, also shows off some of the incredible detail that has gone into stuff in the game.
The forced salary cap is a bit annoying though. It restricts us from making all star teams. I reckon you should be able to make teams without a salary cap but you can't take them online (or you can take them online but your opponent is told what your team's salary is). In FIFA you can play online with Manchester United vs Melbourne Victory so I don't see the issue here.
Because then all you'll see is constant custom teams with maxed out stats consistently online. At least this way there'll be the balance of regular AFL teams with their $10mil budget vs custom teams with their $7mil budget.

It creates a nice balance that means that should custom teams be able to be maxed out all you'd get when people realise this is just constant maxed out custom team games. Which would get insanely boring.

And at the end of the day Man U vs Melb V could be a realistic match up (situation like Everton coming down to Aus to play against A-League sides is possible). But Man U plus every other world class player around the world suddenly in their team, is not.
BTW, just outta curiosity, what is Richmonds or Melbournes strongest side in the past 20 years? Melbourne 2000? Richmond have just been crap for 30 years now!
Richmond 2001
Richmond '95 EASILY.

Forced salary cap?

So I won't be able to make a team full of my mates with us all maxed out? That's stupid, we have awesome nights on sports games when we can just run amok. You end up being able to focus on doing cool/funny stuff rather than actually needing to play, much more fun when you're drinking.

Perhaps someone will find a way to alter the cap for those running CFW.

Yeah plenty of room for new threads. If you could keep this thread to just Q&A for Ross's benefit.

My bad Ant. The first question I asked today aimed at Ross still stands, which is in create a team, are the current AFL team's respective tops available to pick from as templates?

Thanks

why was my comment about vic park deleted? it was a funny joke and taken the way i ment it to be, in jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back