AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued Q&A for AFL Live 2011 on 360, PS3 and PC here.

Q&A FAQ

Part 14: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802400

*Guys now we have a dedicated forum. Lets keep these threads to just Q&A.

Also....

Ross has said he reads every post. Therefore, there is no need for large fonts, colours or Capitals. If you don't get an answer please don't repeat your question over and over.

A. That is just spam and you may get infracted for it.
B. There are things Ross can't answer or are being held back for the release.
C. Ross has a business to run and family too, there are worthy questions that he may not get too because of time and detail required.

He can answer questions in a very opportunistic manner and does also know that some will be answered by others and leave it to them (very thankful to the BF guys who came in for sharing the load!).

Just posted this at the end of the last thread

Just sent an email this morning to David from HES/TRU BLU regarding why they have not announced an a release date yet as April is not to far away check out his response below

Hi,

The reason we have not announced an official date is because we don't
know what that date will be. The game is going through approvals. Once
everything is approved we can then announce the date.

PS - The approvals I talk about are with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

Best Regards,

David Robles
Business Development Manager
Home Entertainment Suppliers P/L
Tru Blu Games
115 Bonds Road,
Riverwood NSW 2210
Australia
Ph: + 61 2 9533 3055
Fx: + 61 2 9533 3277
www.hes.net
www.trublu.com.au

Makes me worried about an April release if the game is still going through approval
user_offline.gif

Just posted this at the end of the last thread

Makes me worried about an April release if the game is still going through approval
user_offline.gif

The dates haven't changed.

As said earlier, the game will be straight off the press and into the stores.

The dates haven't changed.

As said earlier, the game will be straight off the press and into the stores.

Ross i beleive in the last thread you said that once stock was gone on the first lot of games that it would take around 2 months to get more stock back on the shelf.

With that in mind shouldn't the game already be in production?

When I was at Knox the rep said that the only delay would come from the final approval being delayed due to the current situations in Japan. However, knowing where each company is based, there should be no problem.

Ross i beleive in the last thread you said that once stock was gone on the first lot of games that it would take around 2 months to get more stock back on the shelf.

With that in mind shouldn't the game already be in production?

No because they are already ordered and ready to go.

MS/Sony have strict timelines for approval set at X days or earlier.

H Ross,

Is it trublu who announces the release date? I know you've said numerous times that it isn't big ant, but who is it exactly? Is it the role of the Microsoft/Sony companies?

I imagine that someone at Microsoft is going to send an email to trublu along the lines of-

"we have no idea what afl is (because we play football wearing pads) but the game looks awesome and has passed our approval proceedures"

Then trublu can put out some sort of official statement?

No because they are already ordered and ready to go.

MS/Sony have strict timelines for approval set at X days or earlier.

Thanks Ross i think i understand please correct me if i'm wrong

So Hes have placed an order with Sony/MS for X amount of units and when the time comes that Sony/MS have given there final approval those units will be pressed in time for the April release

H Ross,

Is it trublu who announces the release date? I know you've said numerous times that it isn't big ant, but who is it exactly? Is it the role of the Microsoft/Sony companies?

I imagine that someone at Microsoft is going to send an email to trublu along the lines of-

"we have no idea what afl is (because we play football wearing pads) but the game looks awesome and has past our approval proceedures"

Then trublu can put out some sort of official statement?

It's more complicated than that when there are retailers, sponsors, platform holders, and licensors involved. Tru Blu will ultimately, along with their partners, announce a fixed date.

It is true that Japan can effect things because MS and nintendo are based there, Sony is UK as that's where they do their PAL releases.

Thanks Ross i think i understand please correct me if i'm wrong

So Hes have placed an order with Sony/MS for X amount of units and when the time comes that Sony/MS have given there final approval those units will be pressed in time for the April release

That is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked the FAQ for voice/chat no luck.

Hi Ross, a quick question:

When playing online is there the ability to chat on the ps3/360 with your team and or opponent?

Cheers Magic "Can't freakin wait" Merkin :d

When playing online is there the ability to chat on the ps3/360 with your team and or opponent?

Can't believe we've got the same middle name!
Mine's Van "Can't freakin wait" Nostrand! :D

This is a really good question and whilst the answer might seem obvious (yes) I think I'd like to add something around this...

Does the chat remain open after the final siren and until one player quits? I HATE with a passion how in Madden and 2k11 I can't chat with my mates and dissect all the stats once a game ends (without picking up my phone and calling them)!!

This is a really good question and whilst the answer might seem obvious (yes) I think I'd like to add something around this...

Does the chat remain open after the final siren and until one player quits? I HATE with a passion how in Madden and 2k11 I can't chat with my mates and dissect all the stats once a game ends (without picking up my phone and calling them)!!

Not an issue with the 360 with the party chat options. This would only effect the PS3 release

gday people,
I have a quick question for Ross, or anyone else who may know!
When kicking out, can u kick to yourself and take off from the goal square or you have to kick to a team-mate??

Any news on a demo yet?

I'm as keen as any for a solid AFL VG however based on previous attempts at AFL games and BigAnts not so glorious history of games development I just can't justify paying 100 bucks sight unseen. The trailer isn't really doing any favors either...

Any news on a demo yet?

I'm as keen as any for a solid AFL VG however based on previous attempts at AFL games and BigAnts not so glorious history of games development I just can't justify paying 100 bucks sight unseen. The trailer isn't really doing any favors either...

Even if it isn't solid, if you want to see a solid AFL game keep buying t he product, and with every new game coming out, the kinks will be fixed and the game will be solid, you just got to support big ant and the afl series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back