AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on a demo yet?

I'm as keen as any for a solid AFL VG however based on previous attempts at AFL games and BigAnts not so glorious history of games development I just can't justify paying 100 bucks sight unseen. The trailer isn't really doing any favors either...

Reviews have been positive, the preview BF users had was positive.

If you want to try yourself there is still live demonstration events going.

Details here

gday people,
I have a quick question for Ross, or anyone else who may know!
When kicking out, can u kick to yourself and take off from the goal square or you have to kick to a team-mate??

You can play on from the square by pressing R1. Indeed pressing R1 at any time plays on.

Any news on a demo yet?

I'm as keen as any for a solid AFL VG however based on previous attempts at AFL games and BigAnts not so glorious history of games development I just can't justify paying 100 bucks sight unseen. The trailer isn't really doing any favors either...

As above - no demo - if you want to check it out there is plenty of opportunity to try it at stores in Vic & NSW. EB has a 7 day return policy and of course you can read the pages and pages of previews and reviews of people on here that I have no association with that have played it and loved it. Can't be much more open that that!

Even if it isn't solid, if you want to see a solid AFL game keep buying t he product, and with every new game coming out, the kinks will be fixed and the game will be solid, you just got to support big ant and the afl series.
Understand totally, and agree... however times are tough and I'm not in the business of charities, if the initial product is not a premium product then how can you justify paying a premium price? There are alot! better games out there for a parable RRP.

You can play on from the square by pressing R1. Indeed pressing R1 at any time plays on.

As above - no demo - if you want to check it out there is plenty of opportunity to try it at stores in Vic & NSW. EB has a 7 day return policy and of course you can read the pages and pages of previews and reviews of people on here that I have no association with that have played it and loved it. Can't be much more open that that!
Great thanks, I like a good compromise :thumbsu: Will make the 5 min drive down to Northland on the weekend and report back with my review...

That should shut everyone up about the generalization made because of previous AFL games.

I can see your point Barney but what we have to remember is that there isn't a HUGE market for an AFL video game outside of Aus so the more $$$ we can get towards this game, the better it's going to be for all of us in the long run.

Hi BigAntStudios,

Will there be a button (like there is LB/L1 in FIFA 11) where you can call a player in to make a run for you, or make a player down the ground lead towards you?

Cheers, SS.

I can see your point Barney but what we have to remember is that there isn't a HUGE market for an AFL video game outside of Aus so the more $$$ we can get towards this game, the better it's going to be for all of us in the long run.

I agree :)

Also while I'm here, I would really like my regurgitated question to be answered regarding guernsey numbers of created players exceeding 50 - like, can I make a player wear number 52 for example? Thanks.

Might be a stupid question but can you confirm that for online play MIC's will be incorporated ?? it will be stupid if we can play 2v2 online but witht no microphones/headsets

Might be a stupid question but can you confirm that for online play MIC's will be incorporated ?? it will be stupid if we can play 2v2 online but witht no microphones/headsets

You'll be able to use your MIC. ;)

Hi BigAntStudios,

Will there be a button (like there is LB/L1 in FIFA 11) where you can call a player in to make a run for you, or make a player down the ground lead towards you?

Cheers, SS.
Pretty sure I read that you are able to do some sort one 1-2 play. I'd wait for confirmation from Ross though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question for Ross, while it is clear that during a regular season the MCG will host the Grand Final as per normal. What would happen in a custom season if there is no teams in the league who has the MCG as their home ground, is the GF still played there? or is there an option to choose where the GF is played for custom leagues?

Great thanks, I like a good compromise :thumbsu: Will make the 5 min drive down to Northland on the weekend and report back with my review...

Judging by your comments, you are clearly a sceptic about this game being any good, as my boss is, i have told my boss about a test play that will be on when he is in melbourne next week, so hopefully he can get along and let me know what he thinks of it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts either Barney, i have only heard from people who are as pumped as myself about getting a new AFL game and i really want to hear someone's thoughts who is a sceptic.

Any chance of seeing one players attributes(Doesn't matter who, can be Eddie Betts for all i care)?

Or even just a list of each attribute that can be modified for a player?

Have grand plans to overhaul every players attributes/ratings before i play this game, if i can start working on a spreadsheet now, this will save me a tonne of time come release.

Ok i asked this in the last thread but it got lost amongst the bickering of fellow BF members (Not that there is anything wrong with that) this directed to either Ross or anyone else whose played the game: Can you do a Daikos and kick a goal from the boundry with the outside of the boot?

Understand totally, and agree... however times are tough and I'm not in the business of charities, if the initial product is not a premium product then how can you justify paying a premium price? There are alot! better games out there for a parable RRP.

and we don't want your charity or anyone else's - we're proud of the game and are showing it to as many as we can - come to a play session or talk/chat to someone that has and then make up your mind, just don't bag us or the game before doing so. If the game wasn't any good then we wouldn't be so forthcoming with play sessions and Q&A.

Microphone's are part of the requirements these days for both Sony and Microsoft.

They so should have made Judd an Locked player. Win 20 grand finals with collingwood to unlock Chris Judd. Just to mess with all the Carlton Supporters. :)

Also, Ross, for PS3 can you have all 7 players on one team? not sure if its already been said. its hard to keep track of every comment on 15 threads.

They so should have made Judd an Locked player. Win 20 grand finals with collingwood to unlock Chris Judd. Just to mess with all the Carlton Supporters. :)

it would be so funny but I don't think ross will let them do that but maybe dane swan win a grand final and get a tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back