AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They so should have made Judd an Locked player. Win 20 grand finals with collingwood to unlock Chris Judd. Just to mess with all the Carlton Supporters. :)

Also, Ross, for PS3 can you have all 7 players on one team? not sure if its already been said. its hard to keep track of every comment on 15 threads.

yes, 7 on one team.

Are players salary depended on the overall rating of the player? or do players like Karmichael Hunt have a ridiculous salary because they are better known. or something like that.

Hi Ross, Hope this hasn't been asked but at the store demos is the game being played on the PS3 and Xbox 360 or just the PS3??? The reason I ask is as far as I can tell everything I have seen has been for the PS3 which is hurting the Xbox fanboy inside me :eek:

Also, Ross, for PS3 can you have all 7 players on one team? not sure if its already been said. its hard to keep track of every comment on 15 threads.

Hi mate, suggest you read through the FAQ stickied at the top of the board. You will find information like this within.

Quick Review:

Just got back from the session at JB Hifi Knox and spent a good 30-40mins playing.

First off the graphics are great, players are easily recognisable especially when you are running along the boundary line as the camera slowly zooms in.

Was able to take a few set shots from the boundary line, the banana kick works fairly well, you have to hold "R2 & Square" together to kick a banana kick. Torpedoes are awesome to pull off but you can't hold the power meter all the way as it will shank the kick so you have to release just before 100%. Hand-balling to a player running into space works so well, I remember in previous games how the player would stop when he received a handball but this game the player doesn't break stride at all. Also hand-balling while getting tackled is going to be a necessary way to clear the ball in most situations but you have to direct where you want to handball it.

Kicking into space worked well also, I had a player running on the lead with another player coming from the other side of me and I had to sprint to get there to mark it before he did which I liked. Spoiling works very well, you have to hold "L2 & Triangle" to spoil and you can direct where you want to punch it! Speed wise you can definitely notice the speed difference between players eg. Ruckman vs. small midfielder. You can also do snapshots on the run using the square button but you have to be very precise where you aim as it can drift off the side of the boot most of the time.

So much more I want to talk about but I'll be here all night typing lol.

Also the TruBlu Rep that was there said they are hoping for a mid April release date but he said it could come later, which I found interesting. He said they would have a definite release date within 2 weeks.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :D

Judging by your comments, you are clearly a sceptic about this game being any good, as my boss is, i have told my boss about a test play that will be on when he is in melbourne next week, so hopefully he can get along and let me know what he thinks of it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts either Barney, i have only heard from people who are as pumped as myself about getting a new AFL game and i really want to hear someone's thoughts who is a sceptic.
Until people play it, just about everyone has gone in as a skeptic.

I wasn't convinced truly until I got my hands on it and I think almost everyone else would be the same. Regardless of all the info and pumping up that can be done by the usual sorts nothing is truly known until you can play it yourself, it's why I still remain skeptical myself of the AFL game on Wii despite it's great list of features and fairly positive talkings from Wicked Witch.
Ok i asked this in the last thread but it got lost amongst the bickering of fellow BF members (Not that there is anything wrong with that) this directed to either Ross or anyone else whose played the game: Can you do a Daikos and kick a goal from the boundry with the outside of the boot?
Yes.
i have a strong feeling this game will be released well past our anticipated 14th of april release date.
At worst it will be a week or two. You heard it from Ross himself, the game is ready to go, all that is needed is confirmation (which they will know is coming). There's still around month to go until the game is potentially released, plenty of time for approval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers HBK619 :thumbsu:

Really looking forward to the game coming out haven't been to a playtest yet due to work commitments but I'm liking the positive reviews. Hurry up release date :D

Nah, not well past! I think 14th or 21st are still the most likely!
by well past i mean 2 or 3 weeks. this game has been delayed far too many times and i feel it will happen again. im especially sad now because seeing gameplay footage the game looks really good so its sad to have to wait longer.

by well past i mean 2 or 3 weeks. this game has been delayed far too many times and i feel it will happen again. im especially sad now because seeing gameplay footage the game looks really good so its sad to have to wait longer.

The game has been delayed once, for reasons beyond our control, and the product is all the better for it, not "far too many times".

If you know something I don't that will effect the release date then please share it - I have seen no new info on here or elsewhere that comes from any credible source as to change the date or "feel it will happen again".

I am saying sometime mid-april to the 21st as that is my best guess, it's an educated guess, but it's a guess.

A question re: Online Play -

When playing against an opponent, will you know which players are controlled by the user with the (red/blue triangle) above the player they're controlling. Along with that, does it show their PSN/XBL nickname?

So before the 21st isn't guaranteed? Here I am thinking it is. >.<

There are no guarantees, Tru Blu and ourselves are pushing like crazy to get it to you asap - the preview play sessions are "gold masters".

Already played it twice. Cannot wait.

Can I assume you played as North? If you did, did you find it OK player wise? (I ask as people are worried that they aren't competitive enough.) BTW you get more XP when you play as lower ranked teams, huge advantage for those who support teams currently in the "rebuilding" phase.

played it tonight and loved it.

great works guys.

Thanks! Always appreciate positive feedback, especially as this was the first play session I didn't attend. It's like letting my baby loose on the world :)

A question re: Online Play -

When playing against an opponent, will you know which players are controlled by the user with the (red/blue triangle) above the player they're controlling. Along with that, does it show their PSN/XBL nickname?

I'm not sure! I'll find out for you tomorrow.

Quick Question Ross, i have always wondered what its like being in a gaming industry, what is a typical day for you and Big Ant?

To Ross or anyone who may know is there mid season cups.

For example collingwood and bulldogs play for the bob rose cup or stkilda and hawthorn playing for the blue ribbon cup.

And in games such as the showdown,derby and Anzac day clash will there be medal winners in that too for example will there be a Ross glendenning medalist or the equivelent for games that give out similar medals.

And will there be specific rounds such as dreamtime,womens round and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back