AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As posted in the other thread:

I am very pleased to announce an extra demo session... in WA!

The date and time are yet to be confirmed, but it will be within the next 2 weeks

It will be held at my store which is EB Games Midland. Ross is flying over himself for the demo

Once we have a date and time, myself or Ross wil let you know

Big thanks to Ross for making this happen :thumbsu:

Extreeeeeeeeeemly Jealous!!!

only just read this but thought id post straight away... so applogies if its been said, asked, answered or anything like that...

Ross how bout after WA on the flight back to vic you put a parachute on the dev kit and let SA have a play.... pleeeeeeeeeeeease!! lol :D

i will do everything in my power to promote the play session!! cauz ive already turned 6 of my mates saying itll be shit into WOW that looks awesome!! (thanks to play vids)

EDIT: Ross ill even chauffeur you for the day pick you up from airport take you whereever you like!! then back to airport!! heck id drive you back to melb if you wanted!! cauz im seriously wanting to drive to a play session in melb...

Went down to Frankston today, played 1 game.
Gameplay seemed really good, took 3 quarters to get used to the buttons, but you can really tell the developers of this game know footy alot better than previous AFL games.

As it was my first time playing the game, I was grabbing the ball and kicking long, however slick chip passes and quick handballs will obviously be the key to gettting good at this game.

It was just a shame that the EB at Frankston had a crappy little LCD TV, that didn't even have HDMI, so the games graphics weren't really given the justice they deserved

It's been too long since an AFL game has been released, will Definately be giving my dusty PS3 a workout when the game is released

Thanks Big Ant for letting us trial the game. Hopefully the game sells really well, and we can see more AFL releases in the future.

But that doesn't explain why all the gold coast recruits are in from this years draft ie bennell,Dixon,josh toy,swallow and so on and so on I think dyson heppell was just left out of the side I'm sure he would be in the game if all the gold coast draftees are.

Of course Heppell is in the game. The developers just weren't to know he was a gun who would likely make the best 22 in round 1.

The Gold Coast best 22 is a fair guess but, as I have said many times in this thread, the player editor is your friend.

I think if the Vic All Star team can have players added and removed I will definitely be putting #59 Bryan Strauchan in the full forward spot haha

This:thumbsu:

Even though i hate the vics (apart from anyone in the bigant team :D)

Fair enough, I just dont like the idea of Judd clouding the forward line in a team like that.....so why not put in a player who kicks the prolific goals like Strauchanie!!

BTW When I played at Knox I was happy to see Didak as an inclusion on the Dream Team because he kicked the goal to give us a 3 point lead with a minute to play, winning it for us!

Played the game yesterday @ Northland, absolutely loved it. Of course it'll be much better on my 42 inch screen ( the screens @ Eb really didnt do it justice). Controls were simple and worked well and was easy just to pick up and play.

Only thing i saw that was a little unrealistic was trav cloke kicking 5 goals straight!
Loved it guys! Great work

Great fun. Handballing is mint.

Playing has Essendon we were losing by 3 goals. They had both their ruckmen injured and we came back and won by 9 points. Think I kicked the greatest goal ever with Gumby from the boundary.

You can pre order it while you are there too :D

I was thinking that, either then or on the net but ill def get it from your store as a thanks for the test.

Well I'm flying four hours each way... hope you can do the ten minutes :p

As long as Im not working ill be there, even if its a work day im gonna try to get an extended lunch break to come down, just look out for the collingwood supporter giving you a bit of stick about carlton :p

Does anyone know about whether or not the Deliberate Rushed Behind rule is included in the game? Because yesterday I was playing with a mate up here in Sydney and as a test, I played on from a kickout and ran through the goals. It was given a behind and I had another kick out ans wasn't penalised. Has the rule been left out, or was it something you could switch on/off.

Also, can the umpiring strictness be changed, because i remember people saying that when you tackled whilst sprinting it was often a free for high/push in the back, but yesterday I played 2 full games with 5min quarters, and there were only 2 frees for HT/PIB

went down to the play test in frankston today.it was the second time Ive played at one of the test sessions,but the first time i played more then one game(played 4-5 =P).

takes about 3 quarters to pick up the controls.but after that your off and can start flicking the ball around. With abit more experience i don't see why you wont be able to spot targets up around 50 with abit of ease.

after mondays session at knox i wrote how i felt kicking for goal provided challenges.after todays play, it only my strengthens my belief that players wont be able to have score lines of 16 - 0- 102 etc. they are quite challenging even on rookie with the wind throwing up all sorts of obstacles (ross even mentioned at some games the wind will reach into the 30's)

After a few games those of us who played were able to string together some amazing plays with my favourite being a pavlich snap from the boundary.

a few player notes -

Sandilands is an absolute freak and probably the most valuable player in the game as he so often gives teams first use of the ball from the center, which will give any experienced gamer a massive boost ( a must from me in any custom teams i make):p

ablett was the highest rated player at 93, then i think off the top of my head goddard, swan, montagna, judd, were others in the 90's (missing alot more,their the only ones i can remember)

players looked very life like.

and during two player the ability to have someone block/sheppard and clear the path for their team mate is invaluable.

the momentum is a big factor and players will most likely have to adjust their strategies if they have conceded a few quickly.

happy to answer anyone's questions.
pretty sure a fellow bff poster was taking videos so expect them up later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if they will have time to get the new Richmond "jeep" sponsor into the game?

Nothing new can be added to the game as of a few weeks ago... already sent off to microsoft and sony for approval and then for the disks to be made...

They could patch it with a downlaod. but whether they want to do that or not is another question

Does anyone know if they will have time to get the new Richmond "jeep" sponsor into the game?

Nah Ross said that they finished the game 3 weeks ago. Great fun today. Rucking is actually pretty good fun. Loved linking up handbells. Can see it being very important online.

Played a game in the rain and it was pretty realistic. Hard to get clean disposal and it was pretty low scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back