AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a small group like yesterday you definetly get more of a go, i coudl have had a few goes but i was more interested in watching, Bit of a button masher myself suprised i actually hit the correct one and got a goal :p

Think your going to have to know it sucks big time but i dont think it is big ant's fault, its now up to the developer to get the all clear to release it to the stores,

I can actually hear in one of your YouTube videos somebody says 'Just release it already' and I think its Ross who says "we're not doing it on purpose!" lol

Quite a minor observation..

I haven't played the game, but going off the videos posted here...

When kicking for goal, and the ball is going to make the distance, the camera automatically switches to behind the goals. I don't know if my memory is just scarred from the previous games, but I really dislike it. It's much better to watch it from behind the kicker like in AFL Live 2003 & 2004 (which were much, much better than the 05-08 games).
It's easier to see the path of the ball and in my opinion just a better view.

Don't know how the rest of you feel. Obviously it wont have a massive impact on the enjoyment of the game. Just my 2 cents. After all Ross is looking for feedback.

Hi guys first post on Big Footy, can someone help me with finding out when I can preview the game in store. I live in Altona, Melbourne. Thanks in advance :D

The thing that's got me stressed out (also going by the videos as I haven't played the game yet) is the bounce of the ball. It seems as though it's like a brick.

Can anyone put my mind to rest? :eek:

That was the one thing i was a bit disappointed with too. when it hits the ground it seems to die. i didn't get to ask when i was at northland (just didn't think of it) but that being the most noticable thing wrong is a really good sign that everything else is good.

When kicking for goal, and the ball is going to make the distance, the camera automatically switches to behind the goals. I don't know if my memory is just scarred from the previous games, but I really dislike it. It's much better to watch it from behind the kicker like in AFL Live 2003 & 2004 (which were much, much better than the 05-08 games).

Don't know how the rest of you feel. Obviously it wont have a massive impact on the enjoyment of the game. Just my 2 cents. After all Ross is looking for feedback.

When within 60m(or so. i dunno what determines whether you can go into goalkicking mode) you can press the Square button and you go into the goalkicking mode. it's not automated at all.

I think what naught is referring to, is when you're in goalkicking mode already -

When the ball is going to make the distance, the camera angle switches to behind the goals, however when the kick is ending up short, the camera appears to stay behind the kicker.

is that correct?

When within 60m(or so. i dunno what determines whether you can go into goalkicking mode) you can press the Square button and you go into the goalkicking mode. it's not automated at all.

I was referring to once you've kicked the ball, and the ball is on it's way to the goals. Should have been clearer, sorry.

ross is there anything in this game that you thought might not work or could be difficult to implement into the game but actually turned out better then you thought?

The ruck contests are way better than we thought they would be (or at least I thought they would be :) ).

Question for Ross if you could answer it great if not no sweat!

Q: In future versions of the game, will we expect to see things like player tendencies for each of the players? For instance what type of mark they prefer to grab or say if a player is Inside 50, the tendency to have a shot or pass it off? More likely to tag an opponent or lurk in the area ala Nick Maxwell?

Thanks

They already have these tendencies based on the difficulty level and player stats (including ongoing "confidence").

That was the one thing i was a bit disappointed with too. when it hits the ground it seems to die. i didn't get to ask when i was at northland (just didn't think of it) but that being the most noticable thing wrong is a really good sign that everything else is good.

The ball does bounce and roll but we killed the bounce on purpose for better gameplay balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It only happens some times, not 100% of the time

Agree with where you're coming from, kind of kills the suspense of is it or isn't it going to make it?

Agree with where you're coming from, kind of kills the suspense of is it or isn't it going to make it?

But you don't know if it is a point or goal..... from behind you can tell almost straight away, this way has more suspense ;)

Ok, might be a stupid question but ive watched some of the gameplay and why is it that the umpires sometimes throw the ball up in the centre and not bounce it??? Wasnt wet or anything so was just wondering if this was random?

But you don't know if it is a point or goal..... from behind you can tell almost straight away, this way has more suspense ;)

Possibly, but personally I like the behind view 10x better.
There's not many better feelings in footy than seeing the ball you kicked sailing towards the big sticks.

Possibly, but personally I like the behind view is 10x better.
There's not many better feelings in footy than seeing the ball you kicked sailing towards the big sticks.

Yeah true that, me personally though Id rather the camera stays the default say if you have an impossible shot from the boundary it kills the suspense if it was to switch! Case in point: Didak vs Dogs in QF last year the reverse banana from the boundary.

GameplAt looks great! Killing the bounce of ball is great as remember 2007? That ball if anywhere near the boundary line would go out. Top work bigant and please complaining about a camera angle???? Christ sakes this game is much bettr than expected just enjoy everything u need is in there.

Q. If I have 2 profiles set up on ps3 can I have one with changed players and teams while the other profile is as is. ?

I have read most of the replys to this thread(but not all) and understand u can play as different teams like victoria, indiginous all stars and the international squad. does this incorperate the irish side aswell?
also is there the opportunity to play as GWS or any other state sides in the VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc? especially with the foxtel cup being introduced this year???

Fair enough, I just dont like the idea of Judd clouding the forward line in a team like that.....so why not put in a player who kicks the prolific goals like Strauchanie!!

BTW When I played at Knox I was happy to see Didak as an inclusion on the Dream Team because he kicked the goal to give us a 3 point lead with a minute to play, winning it for us!

haha nice :) just remember he's a real magpie... ;) port adelaide lol

I have read most of the replys to this thread(but not all) and understand u can play as different teams like victoria, indiginous all stars and the international squad. does this incorperate the irish side aswell?
also is there the opportunity to play as GWS or any other state sides in the VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc? especially with the foxtel cup being introduced this year???

The only teams that ship with the game are the 17 teams in the AFL this year and also Victoria, All stars and Indigenous all stars.

You can create GWS, Ireland or any other team. you have 18 slots for custom teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back