AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why they call it AFL "Live". Whats with the 'live' part? Always wondered why since the earlier games...

Marketing probably...just having 'AFL', 'AFL 11' etc is a bit boring. 'Live' makes it sounds a bit more exciting, energetic, similar to being at an actual game, not having to wait until Better Homes and Gardens has finished etc etc.

Or whatever reasons they had for Rugby League Live, probably copied from 'NBA Live'.

Does anyone know why they call it AFL "Live". Whats with the 'live' part? Always wondered why since the earlier games...

Because the games aren't pre-recorded. If it was just AFL 11 you'd have to sit through an hour of Better Homes and Gardens before you can play a game.

Awesome news on the demo session but I don't think I'll go, I've got nobody to go with and I'm not going into the city by myself, could change though.

In this case it refers to the Multiplayer portion I assume.
Yeah it's this. Due to the online making the game always 'Live'.

I second that! I wonder if it's Ross himself coming over or someone else?

Going to try and make it. I assume it's the EB across from JB Hifi (there is another in City Cross Arcade off Rundle Mall but that has no room for any demos/playtests)...if it is...I was there on Saturday and all they had in the way of advertising was a small pre-order sign near the cash register. JB had the standard pre-order cases with the front cover at least.

I'll only be getting the PC version of BigAnt's game (plus Wicked Witch's wii game) when it comes out but it'd be nice to have a taste.

EDIT: Someone by the name of Andrew is running it. And not the BigAnt Andy!

Yeah i am pretty sure it is the one with JB, i went to both EB's there last week and the one up in CityCross had like a couple of pre-order cases on the bottom shelf of the PS3 games completely out of view. The EB near JB had nothing that I could see. JB there though had the whole display of like 12 cases going and a sign with some little quote there about the game or something. I was tempted to pre order it there but then realised for only like $5 more i may aswell pre order at EB and get the bonus photo :p

Yeah i am pretty sure it is the one with JB, i went to both EB's there last week and the one up in CityCross had like a couple of pre-order cases on the bottom shelf of the PS3 games completely out of view. The EB near JB had nothing that I could see. JB there though had the whole display of like 12 cases going and a sign with some little quote there about the game or something. I was tempted to pre order it there but then realised for only like $5 more i may aswell pre order at JB and get the bonus photo :p

Yeah TruBlu have since put up the address which is that of the little plaza JB, EB etc are in (not Citi X).

Yeah i am pretty sure it is the one with JB, i went to both EB's there last week and the one up in CityCross had like a couple of pre-order cases on the bottom shelf of the PS3 games completely out of view. The EB near JB had nothing that I could see. JB there though had the whole display of like 12 cases going and a sign with some little quote there about the game or something. I was tempted to pre order it there but then realised for only like $5 more i may aswell pre order at EB and get the bonus photo :p
I haven't been following your posts and didn't read too well, but it would have to be the one across from JB because there are 8 or so playscreens there

I haven't been following your posts and didn't read too well, but it would have to be the one across from JB because there are 8 or so playscreens there
EB Games Rundle Mall
50 Rundle Mall Adelaide SA 5000.
Having said that, earlier versions like AFL Live 2004 on Xbox weren't multiplayer (in the XBox Live sense).
Yeah, I think those versions were mainly to cash in on the NBA Live type popularity of games.

Have to say now that SA, WA, NSW and Vic have had playtests it makes me feel sorry for the QLD and Tassie brethren (and I guess NT too if there's anyone out there?!).:(

Don't need to worry about 2 profiles, I was told by one of the devs that when you edit a team, rather than modify the official team, a copied team is made with each of your changes. Eg, WHEN you cut Raph Clarke, the St Kilda side remains the same, but a new St Kilda custom side is created with the change.

cheers mate that sounds awesome!

Just have to wait and see how to figure it all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB Games Rundle Mall
50 Rundle Mall Adelaide SA 5000.Yeah, I think those versions were mainly to cash in on the NBA Live type popularity of games.

Have to say now that SA, WA, NSW and Vic have had playtests it makes me feel sorry for the QLD and Tassie brethren (and I guess NT too if there's anyone out there?!).:(

Exactly. We need a play test here. Make it happen Ross.

This is so awesome this EB in particular has 12 PS3 screens and 12 360 Screens as well so hopefully they have a few of them up and running :D

This is so awesome this EB in particular has 12 PS3 screens and 12 360 Screens as well so hopefully they have a few of them up and running :D
There will likely only be 1 or 2 PS3's up and running, as that has been how it's done for the other sessions.

YYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! Finally, cheers Ross/Tru Blue for having a session in Adelaide.

Also, on some of Ralphys videos it is sometimes difficult to see the ball. Is this just the video quality or do you occasionally lose the ball?

The tv In ralphys vids is absolutely shit. Ross even jokingly suggested to my mate that works there that they need to get better tvs :p

The tv In ralphys vids is absolutely shit. Ross even jokingly suggested to my mate that works there that they need to get better tvs :p

It wasn't a joke!! :p

The game looks like a lot of fun, it's a shame that EB are too tight to splash out and get a decent TV so we can see the gameplay clearly.

Thanks for the videos ralphy. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back