AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 16 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, yeah well lets try and avoid adding to any bad rep this site has. :cool:

Also understand where you're coming from Ross.

Back on topic...anyone interested in a new competition?

Without knowing any details about the prize or purpose, I'll simply say yes, yes I am interested.

It's the most important issue at hand (or foot, to be precise).

I'm not too fussed about the uploading images, just as long as there are enough preset options available so the jumpers and logos can be unique. I prefer "classic" jumper designs anyway, eg stripes and V's etc. I won't be fussed if I can't make something like this monstrosity:

From memory the presets aren't too tradtional and there weren't THAT many. And from memory (could be wrong), the colours were all in preset combinations.

I'm very interested in a competition, I'm trying to start an AFL Live fund for myself but part of it's already been spent on food and it's likely that the rest of it will be spent on drinks.

Bring it on Ant....the east coast should all be tucked up in bed by now so give us west aussies a head start! :thumbsu:

Bring it on Ant....the east coast should all be tucked up in bed by now so give us west aussies a head start! :thumbsu:

Not for me. My office (home office) hours are often 9-5...pm to am though.

I know this has been left alone. But I have to say people on here have been truelly pathetic in their posts on the 'TechAU' trailer impressions. Yes the blog was very poor and I couldn't believe he was reviewing a trailer. However he is entitled to his opinion (wrong or right) based on the material that has been released by HES, which has been insanely limited. I must admit I wasn't impressed at all by the trailer, let alone someone viewing the footage externally of Bigfooty without the information about the game provided by Ross.

From viewing those comments, it seems to me some people have become pretty emotionally attached to this game 'defending' it like it's their own. I'm not looking forward to reactions on here when the game does receive 5-6/10 on major gaming websites, because realistically it will, simply due to the lack of features compared to other games.

Will be bracing myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this has been left alone. But I have to say people on here have been truelly pathetic in their posts on the 'TechAU' trailer impressions. Yes the blog was very poor and I couldn't believe he was reviewing a trailer. However he is entitled to his opinion (wrong or right) based on the material that has been released by HES, which has been insanely limited. I must admit I wasn't impressed at all by the trailer, let alone someone viewing the footage externally of Bigfooty without the information about the game provided by Ross.

From viewing those comments, it seems to me some people have become pretty emotionally attached to this game 'defending' it like it's their own. I'm not looking forward to reactions on here when the game does receive 5-6/10 on major gaming websites, because realistically it will, simply due to the lack of features compared to other games.

Will be bracing myself.

As much as I respect the rights of others to review, please respect my right to review the reviewer - his "review" is poorly researched, if at all, and is possibly the most poorly put together review I have ever read in all my 30+ years in the industry - I certainly cannot recall anyone ever reviewing a trailer and extrapolating what the game would be like.

He can back-track now and say he was reviewing the trailer, however most of his points were aimed squarely at the game itself. I have a team of 40+ people that have worked on this for three years and I will defend their efforts and reputations wherever it is appropriate. Footy is emotional, as is making games and we are passionate about both!

I expect that we will get some low scores, but I expect, unlike the "reviewer" of the trailer, that they will have played the game and so be much more entitled to their view and opinion.

Yes there was.....and it was gonna be Carlton for sure eh Ross ;)!!

It's every two nights! So, for the avoidance of doubt - 31st March is next.

As posted, I will list the top 8 teams and show the team list that finished 8th.

so much Carlton hate out there! :p

hey ross just asking would you consider in the 2012 version consider having draftees taken the year after as downloadable contents???

As much as I respect the rights of others to review, please respect my right to review the reviewer - his "review" is poorly researched, if at all, and is possibly the most poorly put together review I have ever read in all my 30+ years in the industry - I certainly cannot recall anyone ever reviewing a trailer and extrapolating what the game would be like.

He can back-track now and say he was reviewing the trailer, however most of his points were aimed squarely at the game itself. I have a team of 40+ people that have worked on this for three years and I will defend their efforts and reputations wherever it is appropriate. Footy is emotional, as is making games and we are passionate about both!

I expect that we will get some low scores, but I expect, unlike the "reviewer" of the trailer, that they will have played the game and so be much more entitled to their view and opinion.
Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against you or anyone else from BigAnt absolutely laying into this guy. I think eveyone agrees that the blog is pointless and adds absolutely nothing. Actually lets just call it pure crap. Any credible reviewing based site would simply state the facts to their readers and reserve their thoughts and judgements until they have the game in their hands. I'm just against the personal attacks by some people. It's especially ironic when people personally attack him without doing further research into the quality of his actual reviews, not just simply based on his impressions of a trailer.

But I have read reviews before on TechAU and have found them to be very good and comprehensive, and I was utterly suprised when I read it.

This is the problem you guys are facing. He is simply going by official material released by HES (ignoring his poor research into EA, Easter release etc...), and I know plenty of people who have seen the trailer and have already dismissed the game without playing it (thank IR Gurus for that). I only expect mid range scores from major gaming websites due to the reviewer generally being only having a slight interest in the sport and also having to compare it to benchmark titles such as FIFA. However I reckon there will be glowing reviews from more sport/AFL related sites due to people actually having a clue.

I just find some of the personal attacks by people from this forum to be mind boggling, simply because they have been caught up in the emotional hype of a yet to be released game
Absolute meltdown when one review comes back negative. FFS, people almost necked themselves over sock height.

<Snipped>

Couldn't agree more Ross. Very well said.

The article/review was rubbish and nothing more than an uninformed opinion piece. TechAU, IMO, is a waste of cyber space. (To put it nicely :))

That said, the personal attacks on this bloke are a cop out guys. It's easy to name call, but it's not so easy to present informed and valid criticisms or feedback on a topic. Case in point - The review in question.

On topic and I'm counting down the days now...Patience is slowly but surely waning :D Have a funny feeling the Hawks lineup isn't too far away either for some reason.....Should probably be top 4 going by the team ratings that I've seen, but my gut says 5th-7th (In which case we sack Clarko :rolleyes:).

It's every two nights! So, for the avoidance of doubt - 31st March is next.

As posted, I will list the top 8 teams and show the team list that finished 8th.

so much Carlton hate out there! :p
Us gals have to stick together! ;)

Almost April people. ;)

Far too excited. This is going to be a long three weeks.

Please, please, please have a Melbourne midnight release. :eek:

That would have to depend on the preorder jumpers. Whether we like it or not, I doubt there will be as many giddy 12 year olds jumping over each other for the game as I reckon there would be for a new Halo or CoD. Maybe in a few releases time though.

Also the whole Easter Thursday thing might make it a bit hard to employ staff at midnight.

PC version is coming out later due to piracy fears, Ross said roughly 3 months later if i remember correctly.

And the HES/TruBlu guy at the Rundle Mall playtest in Adelaide said hopefully (I don't remember his exact words) about 2 months later...so we can expect it about 2-3 months but no more detail than that. They'll probably wait til sales start dropping off for PS3/Xbox before they announce a release date for PC (my own assumption...not based on any inside knowledge). So hopefully every copy gets sold in the first week...

Damn Pirates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back