AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to sound like a sook...

I appreciate everything you've done ross and cant wait for this game to come out and will be buying it first thing it comes outs with all my friends.

just trying to get my head around the kicking for goal. Im sure its fine the way it is. I just need this game to come out already..........

For those who haven't pre-ordered yet and are wanting to get the cheapest price, www.mwave.com.au has it at $92.99 with free shipping, I haven't pre-ordered with them before so can't make comment as to whether you could expect the game on release day or afterwards though.

For those who haven't pre-ordered yet and are wanting to get the cheapest price, www.mwave.com.au has it at $92.99 with free shipping, I haven't pre-ordered with them before so can't make comment as to whether you could expect the game on release day or afterwards though.

that would be some nice information to know before i pre order

lol NO!

you just made the point to why all kicks shouldnt swing. everyone will get used to how far the ball swings and kick 21.1.

There should be some sort of accuracy with timing or something.
:rolleyes:

If the ball goes straight every time, it's the exact same as 2007 etc. where all you need to do is aim in between the sticks and kick a goal. With the swing in AFL Live, the power behind the shot, distance out, wind and player attributes all contribute heavily to kicking for goal. I'd like to see you have a shot 40m out on the boundary in 2007 and AFL live and see which one you manage to put through with ease.

Forget about sockgate it's the next generation now it archate or swinggate I just read through basically 2 pages of people going on about goalkicking.

It isn't going to change this game in any way shape or form so let's just drop it and once this game comes out and the next game is in the pipelines, Then we should make changes or suggestions on what to change in the next game if indeed there is another one.

Come on, people. I understand that you want to know about the set shot's and all, but being picky about the natural arc system that Big Ant have implemented is ridiculous. I haven't played the game, but from looking at the set shot's in the gameplay video's it kicks 2007's set shot system's butt.

Not to mention that god-awful, arrow-thing that 2005 had going on.

I think it'll be a good way to make kicking for goal that little bit trickier, which everyone has been asking for this whole time.

can you guys stop your bitching about kicking and answer a real question like how are brownlow votes allocated. :D

Probably the same as every other AFL game. The person with the most disposals, most likely.

I hope Big Ant prove me wrong. But in the end, who cares?

EB Fountain Gate Saturday, 9 April 2011

GAME Friday, April 8th - Bayside Frankston. 4.30 to 7.30pm

JB HIFI
Thursday, April 7th - NARRE WARREN, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Monday, April 11th, Bourke St, MELBOURNE, 10am to 1pm
Monday, April 11th HIGHPOINT, 2pm to 5 pm
Tuesday, April 12th RINGWOOD, 11am to 2 pm
Wednesday, April 13th DONCASTER, 11 am to 2pm

Damn it! I'd so be there for Frankston but I'm going to the game lol.

Might pop down to Fountain Gate on the 9th April then haha

A prime example of a long kick where the ball didnt swing was Alan Didak's goal in last years drawn Grand Final.

For players like Didak who can pierce the ball without swinging it, then they should have the advantage of kicking straight, even from the boundary!

Alan Didak should be a better kick for goal on the boundary with less swing than Kurt Tippet.

That's a really unhealthy obsession you have there mate.

Goal kicking sounds great as it is, happy with having swing for all players if it makes it harder. Set shots need to be very hard to do, much like in real life (The set shot at goal is the one skill that has really gone down hill over the past 5 years in real life).

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Big Ant Studios trialling the right analog stick for set shots similar to free throws in 2K11. The main thing here is that you could still have the ball swing as it does now, but also if the player doesn't pull the analog stick directly back and then push it directly forward in one, straight motion, then the ball would veer left or right at the same angle as the the analog stick was pushed forward (or even more to make it a bit harder again). The power meter would still be there too, it starts when you pull back and then stops when you push forward.

No I haven't played the game (bit hard from QLD), but from watching all the gameplay vids, there's a part of me that thinks that after playing the game for a long time and getting "used" to it, unless there is a strong wind, goal kicking might become a little easy as people (might) become accustomed to the different kicking arcs and how much kicking power it takes to get the arc you want.

Still more than happy with the current system, just food for thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes:

If the ball goes straight every time, it's the exact same as 2007 etc. where all you need to do is aim in between the sticks and kick a goal. With the swing in AFL Live, the power behind the shot, distance out, wind and player attributes all contribute heavily to kicking for goal. I'd like to see you have a shot 40m out on the boundary in 2007 and AFL live and see which one you manage to put through with ease.

i dont want the ball to go straight everytime..... ah forget it

A little something I'm not sure has been answered - can you dribble the ball along the ground?
I don't think there is any specific button combination for it. But when i was playing at JB with melbournemartin, I was Riemers tight on the boundary, had a shot for goal with very little power, and the ball kinda bounced along the ground for a goal.

Thats really not that much cheaper than buying a copy in store and getting it the minute it releases

this is what is going to make me angry, when people are playing and there have gary ablett in there team because he is fast but they don't put in karmicheal hunt because he is slow, or they don't put in cloke because he is kicks points all the time. if you Know what I mean

this is what is going to make me angry, when people are playing and there have gary ablett in there team because he is fast but they don't put in karmicheal hunt because he is slow, or they don't put in cloke because he is kicks points all the time. if you Know what I mean

I don't know what you mean.

Nobody knows what you mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back