AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you guys stop your bitching about kicking and answer a real question like how are brownlow votes allocated. :D

Andy (the lead designer) said that midfielders are favoured, as in real life.

A little something I'm not sure has been answered - can you dribble the ball along the ground?

No you can't. You can kick it off the ground, and this can be aimed to a teammate or to the goals, but you can't to an Alan Didak style grubber along the ground which curves towards the goals.

Given how common those kicks are used, I reckon it should be high on the priority list for the 2012 version. I think it would have to be available for use at any time because you sometimes see them used when a player is roughly directly in front of goal but on an awkward angle. Having it only available when on the boundary, like the banana kicks, would be a bit restrictive.

people are going to cut AFL players because there not good and that shouldn't be what the game is about

I agree, the best thing about AFL football is how it doesn't matter if you're good or not, you still get picked.

Oh, and also the orange slices after the game.

I don't think there is any specific button combination for it. But when i was playing at JB with melbournemartin, I was Riemers tight on the boundary, had a shot for goal with very little power, and the ball kinda bounced along the ground for a goal.

Awww shux.

I do roughly remember that though.

It's interesting that getting the ball to swerve along the ground in direction you want isn't actually very hard. With a decent football and grass that's not too long, just make sure you kick the ball on the right side and it will swerve the direction you want 4/5 times even if you're like me (a pretty average footballer). Would take a fair bit more skill to direct it more precisely though.

this is what is going to make me angry, when people are playing and there have gary ablett in there team because he is fast but they don't put in karmicheal hunt because he is slow, or they don't put in cloke because he is kicks points all the time. if you Know what I mean

Whenever you play against a team that has been edited, in any tiny way, it will show up as a little FF icon under the team logo.

You can then immediately get suspicious.

When setting up games over BF or with other mates I would hope and expect honesty with any editting. I will most likely go through the Melbourne players and do a few tweaks, both up and down. I'll be honest about them though and if people don't like them I'll happily play with the default team.

In terms of picking legit players in the team, I think any Gold Coast supporter would be well within his right to not pick Hunt. He's the coach, not McKenna. It doesn't have to be a realistic team. It is a video GAME after all.

For Melbourne I will be largely picking a team based on how I rate them in real life. Guys like Matthew Bate who are worthy of a spot in the 18 in the game (he's a bit overrated in the game) won't get picked much for me because he'd a bit of a spud. I may of course edit the ratings to reflect this though.

this is what is going to make me angry, when people are playing and there have gary ablett in there team because he is fast but they don't put in camtheman because he is slow, or they don't put in cloke because he is kicks points all the time. if you Know what I mean

Fixed....

i'm saying players accuracy shouldn't be different because of what happens in AFL. players should start with the same accuracy and if they miss there accuracy goes down or if they get a goal there accuracy should go up

i'm saying players accuracy shouldn't be different because of what happens in AFL. players should start with the same accuracy and if they miss there accuracy goes down or if they get a goal there accuracy should go up

You are? When did this become about players' accuracy ratings increasing/decreasing and stop being about dropping bad players?

I'm well confused by you mate...:confused:

so AFL Live players shouldnt have a likeness to themselves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't make people angry its just that your grammar is horrible and your posts don't make any sense.

pretty sure were due for a new team, are we not?

I completely agree with this. If the meter for goal kicking had like a green small bar for a 'perfect' kick, then it shouldnt swing. Of course, have that green section next to the red so you either perfectly hit it or you shank it if there is too much power.

A prime example of a long kick where the ball didnt swing was Alan Didak's goal in last years drawn Grand Final. He was 45 out, on the non prefered side on the boundary, and still sliced it between the eyes. This should be possible in my opinion.
Personally would hate if this game became a mini-game goal kicking system.

The point of those types of bars where you stop the moving icon in the middle or wherever is that they're not in all that often so you can't get instantly used to them and on top of that they don't get boring and monotonous because they're just not in the game all that often.

While the goal kicking system for me isn't perfect yet, I know I've not been able to exploit it so I can get a goal every time (and I have seen/played the game for more than 10 hours now). But I can assure that if it was some timing system I'd have it locked down easily.

The best thing for me right now about the goal kicking system implemented is that it's all very relative to where you are and the way you kick it is constantly changing up. You never really have the exact same direction or power when kicking for goal, so it offers a new challenge every time and it's arguably why I haven't been able to nail it yet after the amount of time I've had playing and watching it.
Not true, i've seen the umpire throw the ball up alot in the dry.
Watch my 1st and last quarter videos, not one throw up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQeUHuo7Yfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JkmbRjJP8
Question for people who have played the game

Is there any accuracy gauge when kicking or is the only way you can shank a kick is by powering too hard?
Yes, there's always a power gauge for your kicks.
When setting up games over BF or with other mates I would hope and expect honesty with any editting. I will most likely go through the Melbourne players and do a few tweaks, both up and down. I'll be honest about them though and if people don't like them I'll happily play with the default team.
Tapscot - Kicking=99?:D

Personally I'll leave it all when playing online, I don't want to feel jibbed by potentially lopsided stats from someone else or myself when online (although the XP bonus will be amazing if I were to beat them or even get close), no matter how 'fair' I view them to be.

this is what is going to make me angry, when people are playing and there have gary ablett in there team because he is fast but they don't put in karmicheal hunt because he is slow, or they don't put in cloke because he is kicks points all the time. if you Know what I mean
I understand what you mean, you are saying people will make a team of A-Graders and not add any run-of-the-mill players. You can't actually do that and play online with them because there is a salary cap in Create A Team and if you go over that you can't take the team online. So people aren't going to have a team with Judd and Ablett in the midfield, Riewoldt and Franklin in the forward line, Maxwell and Goddard in the back line and Sandilands in the ruck etc.

I understand what you mean, you are saying people will make a team of A-Graders and not add any run-of-the-mill players. You can't actually do that and play online with them because there is a salary cap in Create A Team and if you go over that you can't take the team online. So people aren't going to have a team with Judd and Ablett in the midfield, Riewoldt and Franklin in the forward line, Maxwell and Goddard in the back line and Sandilands in the ruck etc.
thanks mate

Just got home to a voice message on my phone from EB Games telling me to call them about my order.

Not expecting anything exciting - I'm assuming that it is only to inform me of the release date. If it is anything else I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Just a question to anyone who has played the game, if you take a mark near the goals and go into the set shot mode, is there an easy way to pass to a teamate who is closer to goal/better angle?

And also, correct me if I'm wrong, created teams have a lower salary cap than official teams, right?

So if I started editing Carlton and bumping up Murphy's stats because I feel he is underrated, I will have to lower a lot of other peoples' stats to compensate right? Because then Carlton will become a created team and not an official team, meaning I have less salary cap to play with.

You can't just up players stats on your team and hope to go online and dominate.

Have I understood that correctly?

Just a question to anyone who has played the game, if you take a mark near the goals and go into the set shot mode, is there an easy way to pass to a teamate who is closer to goal/better angle?
Yep, you still get the lock on system and can pick and choose a closer target if you need (although it is tougher to pick out a target due to the angle).

Yep, you still get the lock on system and can pick and choose a closer target if you need (although it is tougher to pick out a target due to the angle).

You can also press the R1 button (Sprint) to play on.

Edit: ps my avatar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back