AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh at the Dogs scoreline was it 4 vs cpu or something ;P .

Looking forward to the 21st.

Tons of footage incoming. Got 5 full quarters of footage to show.

The teams involved in the various quarters are:
Carlton (2 quarters)
Melbourne (4 quarters)
Western Bulldogs (2 quarters)
St.Kilda (1 quarter)
Essendon (1 quarter)

Uploading now, first off the cap will be the last quarter between the Saints and Essendon.Oh god, so early. Move it to about 10 starting time and I'll make it...will probably still make it anyway.:D
Will be showing the scores to this one. Very embarrassing scoreline.:eek:

was happy to be on the right side of that drubbing.. some great special comments from Kirbstar during that match, in addition to his gloating infront of 10 year old kids..

They finished 5th, it was saints at 1, cats at 2, hawks at 3, and freo at 4.

Matthew2708 beat me to it lol

The Final ladder

1 Hawks 56 126.54
2 Saints 56 117.37
3 Dockers 56 117.33
4 Cats 56 97.18
5 Magpies 52 118.25
6 Bulldogs 48 119.25
7 Blues 48 105.05
8 Demons 44 110.27

1st QF = Hawthorn v Geelong
2nd QF = St.Kilda V Fremantle
1st EF = Collingwood v Melbourne
2nd EF = Western Bulldogs V Carlton

And Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20605976#post20605976 that St.Kilda, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton all won during the first week. He also said, that Fremantle lost the 2nd Week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st SF = Hawthorn V Collingwood
2nd SF= Fremantle V Carlton

Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20613871#post20613871 that Hawthorn was knocked out in Week 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st PF= Geelong V Carlton
2nd PF= St.Kilda V Collingwood

Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20627066#post20627066 that Carlton lost.
Grand Final = Geelong V
So, how does Collingwood end up playing Geelong in the Preliminary Finals????????????????????????

The Final ladder

1 Hawks 56 126.54
2 Saints 56 117.37
3 Dockers 56 117.33
4 Cats 56 97.18
5 Magpies 52 118.25
6 Bulldogs 48 119.25
7 Blues 48 105.05
8 Demons 44 110.27

And Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20605976#post20605976 that St.Kilda, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton all won during the first week. He also said, that Fremantle lost the 2nd Week.

Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20613871#post20613871 that Hawthorn was knocked out in Week 2

Ross said here, http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20627066#post20627066 that Carlton lost.
Grand Final = Geelong V
So, how does Collingwood end up playing Geelong in the Preliminary Finals????????????????????????

Dude. Who cares? Lol, it's a simulated season.

you would hope, and I'm sure, they have implemented the finals system correctly. Maybe Ross made a mistake, nothing major.

The Final ladder

1 Hawks 56 126.54
2 Saints 56 117.37
3 Dockers 56 117.33
4 Cats 56 97.18
5 Magpies 52 118.25
6 Bulldogs 48 119.25
7 Blues 48 105.05
8 Demons 44 110.27

Grand Final = Geelong V

I could have screwed up as I wrote it down a long time ago and only wrote down the winners - I can guarantee that it's right in-game but I can't guarantee my mind! :eek:

I will get the scrap of paper when I get home tonight and try to see if and where I went wrong.... but it is just a simulation and a "device" used to show team lists to fill in the days until launch :)

EDIT:
The final four was:

Saints
Cats
Magpies
Blues

Saints beat Blues.
Magpies beat Cats.

Saints v Magpies GFinal.

First match uploaded, Deadman316 will be happy to see it's at Aurora Stadium (in the wet too). This is the Saints Vs Essendon in the last quarter.

For best quality, view on youtube at 720p (as you'll see the TV quality is infinitely superior to my previous footage).

[YOUTUBE]6a6ACzG93wE[/YOUTUBE]
Currently uploading the 1st quarter of the Bulldogs vs Melbourne match.

EDIT:
The final four was:

Saints
Cats
Magpies
Blues

Saints beat Blues.
Magpies beat Cats.

Saints v Magpies GFinal.

So, that means that -
1st Elimination Final = Western Bulldogs V Carlton
2nd Elimination Final = Melbourne V Collingwood.

1st Semi Final = Hawthorn V Carlton
2nd Semi Final = Fremantle V Collingwood.

Etc.

So, Western Bulldogs finished 5th.
Melbourne 6th
Collingwood 7th
Carlton 8th.

Okay, that makes perfect sense now. :)

First match uploaded, Deadman316 will be happy to see it's at Aurora Stadium (in the wet too). This is the Saints Vs Essendon in the last quarter.

For best quality, view on youtube at 720p (as you'll see the TV quality is infinitely superior to my previous footage).

[youtube]6a6ACzG93wE[/youtube]
Currently uploading the 1st quarter of the Bulldogs vs Melbourne match.

Nice work on the video... someone should have helped the poor kid playing that didn't know the controls :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Thanks mate. Amazing video.

As one of the most experienced players on here how do you think you are going with the controls? Can you use them in depth? What are things like 360 spoiling like?
I still feel like I'm learning them, which is amazing after this amount of time. Although playing on and off doesn't really help the true learning of the controls, once I get a go for 3-4 hours constant I have no doubt it'll fast track my learning.

But everything is still a learning process and I am definitely beginning to pick things like timing and other little tactics up a lot easier than before.

Marking and spoiling have become my best assets at the moment I think, as well as tackling. Had a few great spoils and marks today that really feel satisfying when you nail them, the spoils especially so as you can really direct it where you want.

I'm struggling in the ruck, just tough to consistently get the timing right. But when you do get the timing right, my god does it feel amazing. Can set up some awesome plays from the middle of the ground as myself and census sainter did a few times in the matches we played.
Nice work on the video... someone should have helped the poor kid playing that didn't know the controls
Neil I think it was from Tru Blue did give some help, but the kids just wanted to get into it and didn't really listen all that hard.:p

I will not buy the game if it has no career mode. Whats the point? I found playing kick off against the computer fun on FIFA only for about 2 games than it got boring. Same with afl game
There is still a season mode.

All a career mode would have is crappy trading and drafting like in the previous AFL games, made them much more playable didn't it?

If you get bored and want more seasons, then create a custom fixture and season and have some fun there. Or take yourself online and get pwned.

noob question to ask I know, but I havent been on here for years and cant find anything on it - is there more to set shots than just accounting for wind and swing? Wouldnt that make it just way to easy to rack up huge scores with unrealisitc goal to point ratios?

The NBA Live free throw idea works great.

There is still a season mode.

All a career mode would have is crappy trading and drafting like in the previous AFL games, made them much more playable didn't it?

If you get bored and want more seasons, then create a custom fixture and season and have some fun there. Or take yourself online and get pwned.
I think that may have already happened. :p

noob question to ask I know, but I havent been on here for years and cant find anything on it - is there more to set shots than just accounting for wind and swing? Wouldnt that make it just way to easy to rack up huge scores with unrealisitc goal to point ratios?

The NBA Live free throw idea works great.

Could someone please answer my question and get over bitching about some noob?

This thread is bringing in the lulz big time.

Anyone want some footage in amongst this amazing awesome lot of posts?

Bulldogs vs Demons 1st quarter at Etihad.

As before, youtube in 720p will provide best quality.
[YOUTUBE]FWmqG5VdJBk[/YOUTUBE]
Got Carlton Vs Melbourne 2nd quarter uploading right now, will give enough time to watch the rest of the winning posts play out.:D

Carlton Vs Melbourne 2nd quarter up. Still another 2 vids to come.

View on youtube in 720p for best quality.
[YOUTUBE]fHAfJbJLn9A[/YOUTUBE]
Bulldogs vs Melbourne shellacking up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back