AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To HBK or someone else that can answer, does the auto Interchange make moves on field? Eg. Give Hille a rest down Forward and replace him with Ryder to play Ruck. Or does it just Sub from the bench?

To HBK or someone else that can answer, does the auto Interchange make moves on field? Eg. Give Hille a rest down Forward and replace him with Ryder to play Ruck. Or does it just Sub from the bench?
I'm not 100% how the players rotate throughout the game as I haven't really payed a ton of attention to that aspect. But you definitely notice the rotating ruckman quite a lot, so while I can't exactly say they move down forward to rest, they definitely do rotate around a fair bit.

I'm not 100% how the players rotate throughout the game as I haven't really payed a ton of attention to that aspect. But you definitely notice the rotating ruckman quite a lot, so while I can't exactly say they move down forward to rest, they definitely do rotate around a fair bit.
Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Ross, if Jack Darling doesn't run as fast as this in game I'm not getting it! :D

[YOUTUBE]m1lEjpTRVOk[/YOUTUBE]

Wowee those are some long strides. He barely took 3 steps!

I've been receiving a number of PM's regarding rookies... I am pleased to say that all rookies from all clubs are in the game.

Is there an actual rookie list where they have to be upgraded for long term injuries for example or are they just on the one list as in afl 2007?

Just on my goal kicking question, how would you aim? Just position the left stick towards goals or?

Yes mate, when it comes to goal-kicking there is a swing involved. So if you are using a right footer such as Jono Brown, you aim to the right of goals that way when he kicks, it will swing to the left. But you have to take into account the wind also and how much power you use. Too much and it will just fade for a behind or possibly out on the full!. All this works vice verca with a left foot kicker.

Just on goal-kicking, so is there always swing involved? Because generally in real life if you hit the footy well it isn't going to veer off its line too much. Even so the goal kicking mechanic looks great!

Just on goal-kicking, so is there always swing involved? Because generally in real life if you hit the footy well it isn't going to veer off its line too much. Even so the goal kicking mechanic looks great!

Yeah swing is always involved. I think they did it like this to make kicking for goal quick and easy. Just adjust for the swing and wind and hold square (or X for 360) until you reach the desired power. As long as you don't hit max power you will be fine.

Rather than the old way of having a power bar where your press kick once to start the power meter, a second time to stop it at the desired power and a third time for accuracy. Gets a bit boring and annoying after a while.

I like the new way personally, even if swing doesn't always occur in real footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the swing is fine. It's only from set shots, and is more of a factor the further out you are. It's very realistic to expect an arc when shooting for distance.

The closer in you are, the less you need to account for the arc, so it feels like you can aim closer to the middle of the goals.

On the run, kicks are generally straight. So it's a nice mix and doesn't always feel like you're kicking in an arc.

Every kick shouldnt swing, you should be able to smash one straight of the boot and never have it leave the middle of the goals!!!

This is the case already though

Most shots in real life AFL from 40M + out have an arc to it

Its only when you get closer that the kicks go straight, and you can do this the closer you are to goals in AFL live.

I found that you didn't need to aim to far to the left or right when you were closer in. Just don't overcook the kick, or you shank it!

Can someone please post a list of the upcoming preview opportunties that are happening in Melbourne. I think i've seen conflicting dates around the place

Every kick shouldnt swing, you should be able to smash one straight of the boot and never have it leave the middle of the goals!!!

Agreed. That would be awesome, never kicking a point... we could save a lot of programmer time not having to have it hit the posts, kickouts, etc.. pencil it in for 2012!

PS: Does anyone believe you can consistently drop an oval ball onto one side of your foot and not have it swing? Especially if there is wind to take into consideration. (It may look from a distance or behind to go straight but overhead shots always show a swing either left to right or right to left.)

I agree that some kicks swing, but all kicks dont swing.

I just think there should be an option to completely nut your kick and have it go dead straight.

I'll add that along with the always win the tap, always get the handball off, always take the mark, always kick the goal option :p

I think you're missunderstanding me, I dont want every kick to go straight, I just want the ones where you perfectly time your kick, those ones shouldnt swing.

Its not a big deal, i just dont think every kick should swing. becasue in real life if you hit a ball sweetly it wont swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back