AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was chatting to a mate of mine here in Brisbane yesterday, who is as big of a Rugby League bloke as possible, and he goes "I'm bloody keen for the 21st."

I was confused for a second, because I was certain he wouldnt be talking about this game.

"AFL Live, I can't wait for it!"

Thus ending the theory that me, Ant and the other Brisbane-based people on BigFooty would be the only ones to buy the game here.

I was chatting to a mate of mine here in Brisbane yesterday, who is as big of a Rugby League bloke as possible, and he goes "I'm bloody keen for the 21st."

I was confused for a second, because I was certain he wouldnt be talking about this game.

"AFL Live, I can't wait for it!"

Thus ending the theory that me, Ant and the other Brisbane-based people on BigFooty would be the only ones to buy the game here.

I'm based in Brisbane

I am also a massive Rugby League fan

Don't mind watching abit of AFL, i have had my copy on pre order for a copule of months now

Bought RLL for both XBOX & PS3 and going by what i have seen AFL LIVE is going to crap all over RLL

Ergh Couldn't care less about all the fluff. JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN GAME. Unfortunately, I have uni class at 8:30AM so no pickup till after midday for me anyway.

2 Questions if anyone knows

1. What are the levels? Is there 5? Professional, Rookie and ?

2. If you change your team it is differed with a FF underneath the emblem or something... my question is changing players attributes etc CAN you still win the flag in the trophy room AS long as you dont go over the salary cap??

thanks.

Just a final word on Big W... Just heard there is NO sale restriction on AFL live at the moment and is listed at $88.... So a reasonable price and a chance to get it early if u are lucky... However my brothers store is only getting 24 copies...but that's in the countries southern most state...and my brother has two heads...

Damn its definitely not Vic :( lucky islanders ;P .

Thats if Big W break the release date, which might be highly unlikely.

People have mentioned that Game are selling AFL Live for $98 and that EB Games will price match. But Game are only selling it for $98 online, and I was under the impression that EB Games only price match in-store prices (where Game are still selling it for ~$110 like everywhere else).

Has anyone confirmed that EB Games will price match Game's online price?

I was the one that first mentioned GAME's $98 price and at the time mentioned that I did get the info from their site.

I also mentioned that with other titles, they will say 'online only' or similar when it is different to instore.

The lack of the words 'online only' made me think that GAME should be selling it at the $98 price.

I haven't been in to confirm this with them as yet though. Plan on doing it on sunday.

2. If you change your team it is differed with a FF underneath the emblem or something... my question is changing players attributes etc CAN you still win the flag in the trophy room AS long as you dont go over the salary cap??

thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks.

From the OP:

Ross has said he reads every post. Therefore, there is no need for large fonts, colours or CAPITALS. If you don't get an answer please don't repeat your question over and over.

A. That is just spam and you may get infracted for it.
B. There are things Ross can't answer or are being held back for the release.
C. Ross has a business to run and family too, there are worthy questions that he may not get too because of time and detail required.

I was the one that first mentioned GAME's $98 price and at the time mentioned that I did get the info from their site.

I also mentioned that with other titles, they will say 'online only' or similar when it is different to instore.

The lack of the words 'online only' made me think that GAME should be selling it at the $98 price.

I haven't been in to confirm this with them as yet though. Plan on doing it on sunday.

Thanks for the reply! Game's in-store price is ~$110 like everywhere else. I confirmed this yesterday when I went to Game, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi looking for the cheapest price.

Question, can you have all the new rules that are in this years NAB cup for e.g free kick against the team that touch it last.

and can you have the interchange infringement rule in play or would it not work thanks.

Have lost all interest in this thread now, lost interest in any new info on the game also. That's not to say I have lost interest in the game

This time in 2 weeks that game will probably catch on fire along with the ps3 from too much use.

This game must be totally unrealistic of Carlton are in a preliminary final and potential grand final

This game must be totally unrealistic of Carlton are in a preliminary final and potential grand final

You do realise a full AI sim will have random stuff like this?

Have lost all interest in this thread now, lost interest in any new info on the game also. That's not to say I have lost interest in the game

This time in 2 weeks that game will probably catch on fire along with the ps3 from too much use.

As posted above, it is just a sim... but again, as posted yesterday - the odds for making the top 4 from Centrebet are:

COLLINGWOOD 1.11 HAWTHORN 1.80 GEELONG 1.87 CARLTON 2.30

Yeah, GAME at 4pm I pretty sure. Cant be there as my darned engagement party is tonight! :(

Really dude? You're annoyed your engagement party clashes with time to play a video game in a shopping center? Whats the legal age for marriage in Frankston nowadays??

I feel like I don't deserve this game, or this thread. I'm nowhere near as crazy as some of the dudes on here... :confused:

been away for a few days, firstly thanks Ross for posting Hawthorn's team with auroa in the background as promised earlier. Also i have a couple of questions for you.

1. is it possible to get the remaining 4 teams lists posted with the remaining grounds we are yet to see in the background? i.e. canberra, darwin etc.

2. you stated earlier that all rookies are in the game, during a season are we able to select them striaght into the 22 or do we need a long term injury to be able to elevate them just like real life?

seriously this countdown is horrid..

one more playtest on April 11 (will probably stay there all four hours) just to have enough to get me through till April 21.

as a sidenote - lots of tullamarine faithful are getting a bit too up and about for my liking. fingers crossed the saints pump them and put them back in their place

been away for a few days, firstly thanks Ross for posting Hawthorn's team with auroa in the background as promised earlier. Also i have a couple of questions for you.

1. is it possible to get the remaining 4 teams lists posted with the remaining grounds we are yet to see in the background? i.e. canberra, darwin etc.
:thumbsu:

As long as the Cats are at Kardinia Park. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back