AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 18 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross,
Even without playing the game yet, i would like to thank you and your team for bringing AFL back to the video gaming community.

How eager are you for this game to be released into the sports loving gamers world? Are you nervous with anticipation of how it will be accepted?, or layed back knowing that you have placed a solid ground template to expand into a global market within the future?

correct me if im wrong but i saw yesterday the last game you played was kinect adventures. dont you need the new consoles that dont get the ring of death to play kinect???

At home I have the old Xbox and it runs Kinect just fine... until the RROD happened!

Thanks man much appreciated. With JB-hifi for example, if its not located within the shopping complex, do you just call the number or do you need a catalogue or something?.

Catalogue makes it easier

I always know the prices of each retailer before the day, to save time. Can be abig difference on a massive launch day with saving time and such

Even if its not in the centre, it makes no difference. But if yuo get a catalogue, a pic on your iphone, that all works

Ross,
Even without playing the game yet, i would like to thank you and your team for bringing AFL back to the video gaming community.

How eager are you for this game to be released into the sports loving gamers world? Are you nervous with anticipation of how it will be accepted?, or layed back knowing that you have placed a solid ground template to expand into a global market within the future?

I'm very nervous, the first lot are sold, it's all about re-orders from the retailers.... fingers crossed it all goes well.

Had RROD 3 times.

Still won't go to PS3.

Ball breaker if you just get a new game and you have to wait 3 weeks to get your console back.

I've worked with PS3 hardware since early 2006 (I worked on a launch title so had hardware well before release) and I have only ever seen one piece of hardware fail in that time (it was apparently the first ever PS3 testkit ever produced, and at the time there was only 6 in the world).

I have worked with Xbox 360 hardware for 3.5 years and in that time I have had to send back 4 devkits and 2 testkits.

Personally I have had a ps3 from 3 days before it was launched in Japan and that one only failed because it was dropped while shipping it overseas.

I was also an early adopter of the 360, but after my 3rd one failed 2 hours after I got it replaced my MS, I gave in.

I'll definitely be playing AFL Live on the PS3 ;)

Pre-Ordered it today :) cannot wait, first time on BigFooty in over a year..first things first, Ross and the rest of BigAnt. I wanna say congratulations on this game, it looks amazing :)

I was also an early adopter of the 360, but after my 3rd one failed 2 hours after I got it replaced my MS, I gave in.

I have almost the exact same story. Wanted to charge me like $120 to fix after warranty, and this was the 4th time. Told them to eff off and bought a PS3 that day. Sold my busted 360 online for over $100, and the memory for another $25 or so.

I'll never go back to a MS gaming console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've worked with PS3 hardware since early 2006 (I worked on a launch title so had hardware well before release) and I have only ever seen one piece of hardware fail in that time (it was apparently the first ever PS3 testkit ever produced, and at the time there was only 6 in the world).

I have worked with Xbox 360 hardware for 3.5 years and in that time I have had to send back 4 devkits and 2 testkits.

Personally I have had a ps3 from 3 days before it was launched in Japan and that one only failed because it was dropped while shipping it overseas.

I'm on my 3rd PS3 and my 2nd 360. Luck of the draw. Them new xbox's are supposedly much more reliable so I'm thinking of upgrading, wireless would be handy :)

Have this preordered and will be counting down the days. Saturday will fly by thanks to the hawks playing but from then on in its going to be a slow week :(

Who else will be heading into the city for the playtest tomorrow?

I'll be there mate.

Ross, I think you being nervous is fair, but it really does seem like this game is going to sell out everywhere by Friday night. Not only that, but I havent heard a single person with a reasonable complaint about this game after a playtest. (The moron who 'reviewed' the trailer doesnt count)

Best of luck to you and BigAnt mate gonna be a big week for you all!

I have a copy here for you... oh so sad... you can't come and get it :)
btw we have had another RROD in the office since you went on "holidays" - meant to add, we have some very sexy NGP's in the office (the only ones in Australia)

Who else will be heading into the city for the playtest tomorrow?

I will - but closer to 9am as it is my daughters birthday.

you mean wrapped right? ;)

lol - I do mean wrapped.... although this present is pretty much unwrapped now :)

[
btw we have had another RROD in the office since you went on "holidays" - meant to add, we have some very sexy NGP's in the office (the only ones in Australia)

Working on any games for the NGP?

I will - but closer to 9am as it is my daughters birthday.

lol - I do mean wrapped.... although this present is pretty much unwrapped now :)

so was that rumour about you having a copy to give away (sell) tomorrow morning true? ;)

Working on any games for the NGP?

You have to be working on an active approved project to get units - there are publishers here that can't get kit :p

There's that evil streak again!

so was that rumour about you having a copy to give away (sell) tomorrow morning true? ;)

Keep your mits off, that one's mine! ;)

So was Kangas_fan telling the truth? His long absence since his claim could make sense OR he knows he would get grilled about having the game soon and not showing proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back