AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 19 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you shrug tackles in the game? The one thing I noticed when watching footage on YouTube is tackles were always successful.

You can fend off tackles. They always look successful mainly because people forget that they can handball while getting tackled.

Once you get more accustomed to the controls handballing while getting tackled will become second nature.

You can fend off tackles. They always look successful mainly because people forget that they can handball while getting tackled.

Once you get more accustomed to the controls handballing while getting tackled will become second nature.

I broke alot of tackles at the playtest. Couldn't do shit all when defending though.

Got the game from Midland Target yesterday. This game may actually be better than Aussie Rules Football on the NES.

Gameplay is really good, although at the moment i seem to be playing half the game as the ruckmen trying to get ball out of the pack. Kicking a goal feels rewarding, especially after stringing together some kicks and handballs.

The only real negative so far is there being only 2 songs on the menu screen and no custom track list option (on PS3) that I can see.

anyone heard anything about eb frankston and if they get stock tommorow will they sell it tommorow or will they sell tuesday ?

Got my copy, had to cancel my pre order at EB because they didn't have any stock in yet but in the same shopping centre target had it for sale already.

Anyway my thoughts of the game are Big Ant have done a great job, gameplay is ****ing awesome and hard to master, create a team options ok, needs a few more things like being able to select what numbers the players in your team wear, the option to select the individual colours you want as a opposed to pre set colours, but a great designs to choose from.

Played 2 games offline so far, West Coast v Gold Coast and N Ablett and Brennan kick my arse up forward and gazza was mopping up posessions in the midfeild, second game i played was an inter-club match WCE v WCE which was a closer game i was 13 points down when the 5 min warning flashed up and got 2 quick goals and the team seemed to lift at the centre bounce got a quick (and rare) clean clearence and a mark to JK 50 metres out when the final siren blow, nailed the goal to win by 5 points! JK ending with 4 goals. enough about my thoughts now, might go have some more fun, and i am really feeling for those of you yet to get your copy, trust me it is worth the wait, the last 2 years of pain has been cured by this game.

Was watching your scores online, nice comeback in the second game! Very jealous. Hopefully the rest of us will get it tomorrow.

Should not have brought family to shops just want to get home now and play it

Maybe the universe wants to toy with you. Your car will break down half way home. The RACV will be delayed by an hour. You finally get home, and stick in the game. As you're about to hit the main menu the power goes out. 30 minutes later when it returns you realise it fried your TV. The rest of your family is using the other TV and won't let you play the game. After another hour you finally kick them off and plug it in, only to find the the original TV wasn't the only casualty, and you'll have to wait until tomorrow to get your console fixed. Late tomorrow you finally get it back, only to find that the disk has been melted. You call every shop only to find there's one copy left on the other side of town. You drive out there and finally get a new copy. You go to your car and it's starting to get towed away. After 30 mins of arguing you convince them they're wrong, and they let you drive off. Your car then breaks down half way home.......

Or you could just get home in 10 minutes and have a ripper session :D

I can't defend to save my life. By the time the camera moves so I can see which man I'm on, my opponent has 7-8 metres on me :(

Overall a very fun game though! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Ross say there are some team tactics and/or kick-in tactics? (I could be wrong) If so, how effective and realistic are people finding these tactics?

Also, do players run past for the handball after a teammate has taken a mark or received a free kick?

Shops better have their stock tomorrow. Not liking this head start the W.A folk are getting online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back