AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 20 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the sprint issue is that bad, because I suspect that it would become too easy to use.

You can just as easily find space and break away by winning a good tap, setting up a good chain of handballs, or getting numbers to a contest.

I don't think the sprint issue is that bad, because I suspect that it would become too easy to use.

You can just as easily find space and break away by winning a good tap, setting up a good chain of handballs, or getting numbers to a contest.

Agreed. We have had a couple of years balancing the game, if we make changes after a days play we could do more harm than good. We of course understand that some players don't match reality in terms of speed difference, however, game play decisions need to be made. We would hate a game where you just kick the ball to space and the fastest player just goes for it and wins every time - most players speeds are accurate without the ball, carrying the ball has a "weight" attached to it.

In essence, I doubt sprint will be changed in this first patch. We need to let the dust settle.

This.

And as soon as I work out the pinpoint pass thing, instead of hit and hope I'll be much much better.

Agreed. We have had a couple of years balancing the game, if we make changes after a days play we could do more harm than good. We of course understand that some players don't match reality in terms of speed difference, however, game play decisions need to be made. We would hate a game where you just kick the ball to space and the fastest player just goes for it and wins every time - most players speeds are accurate without the ball, carrying the ball has a "weight" attached to it.

In essence, I doubt sprint will be changed in this first patch. We need to let the dust settle.

It would be good if it could be like the poster above said where you burst away when you get the ball, but then go back to normal pace after 10 or so metres.

Got mine from EB Games in Sunbury yesterday. Not only was the chick at the counter HOT, but she was wearing a Melbourne jumper, and had her Melbourne membership proudly displayed upon the members lanyard around her neck! *drools* GO DEES! ;)

Shoulda asked her to come to a game with me.... xD

Got mine from EB Games in Sunbury yesterday. Not only was the chick at the counter HOT, but she was wearing a Melbourne jumper, and had her Melbourne membership proudly displayed upon the members lanyard around her neck! *drools* GO DEES! ;)

Shoulda asked her to come to a game with me.... xD
The chick who served me at EB had about 15 piercings around her mouth.

No offence Ross, but when a sprinting Farren Ray only gains about 3 metres on a non-sprinting Michael Gardiner carrying the ball, from one 50m arc to (almost) the other, you've got a problem on your hands.

A quick question, what is the likelihood of another patch being released should this one do more harm than good/not do enough?

i was just player a NAB cup grand final geelong vs collingwood james kelly marked on 50 goal would win point would loss and i hit the post
so far i'm loving the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Ross,

I would like to congratulate you on making AFL live but some quick feedback is that you should be able to change the difficulty and time throughout the season before a game.

Thanks

Is there a way for a patch to make it so your created players/teams are able to be taken into season mode??
Thats about all i can ask as I'm still waiting for my game to turn up.... Aust Post say its almost here but that was a couple of hours ago.

For those having sprint issues why don't you change the sprint/accel/etc etc stats to match how you think they should be say with Ryan Griffin you would expect him to out run Minson/Lake/Huddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back