AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to leave the button config as is then you can't complain when you get noobs quitting during online play.
Not everybody has the time or inclination to learn this game properly and sometimes it's just a one off.
If you make the buttons changeable then people can set it up as they please.

^^^ Wouldn't be against a few different controller layouts for the next version of the game.

Here's one for ya Ross, I'm up to round 10 in my season and according to the stats in "player stats" where you highlight a player and press 'X' (on Sony) for player info, My whole team doesn't except for one player doesn't have a single 'Rebound 50'. The guy who does, only has one. That can't be right...

Also, for the 'Rucktaps' stat, no one on my team has one either. They have 'Hitouts' but not 'Rucktaps'. I have been both punching and tapping the ball for ruck contests so I'm not sure if that stat's right either...?

Can someone else check there season stats for these particular stats and get back to me? Cheers.

If you have no idea what buttons you are supposed to be pressing why the hell would you play online? That is just idiotic.

I agree that you should be able to customise the buttons though.

So are you trying to say that everyone that plays online uses the controller perfectly and never presses a wrong button.
Woooweeee.

So are you trying to say that everyone that plays online uses the controller perfectly and never presses a wrong button.
Woooweeee.

Err cool story.

I'm saying, if you are rubbish at using the controls then don't go online where you are just going to be smacked up by experienced players.

The controls really aren't that difficult you know, I don't see many other posts on here from people complaining about how hard the controls are. Maybe you are just a little simple or something.

RE: The controls.. I think just about everybody would have complained about them the first time they picked up the game, it took me about 6 games before I could even kick a goal and I was playing on the easiest level, there was just so much time spent thinking about which button the press. The only problem I have with them now is using triangle to mark the ball, but if you want to spoil you have to hold L2 and use triangle, couldn't count how many times I accidentally spoiled my own ball instead of marking it. Later I worked out you can just use the right stick to spoil in whichever direction you want but if that will be re-assigned to jostle in the patch.. well I'm gonna be screwed. Have to learn to spoil all over again which wont be much fun. But yeah, customisable controls is the way to go.

2 super goals, 19 goals, 3 behinds and 63 possessions.

Nick Riewoldt in my NAB cup comp semi final against the Hawks. On Legend difficulty in real time (20 minute quarters).

Only have the grand final left to play to earn the achievement.

What's up with Goal kicking on Legend.. I keep finishing matches with scores like 3 goals 18 behinds, every other difficulty I can kick straight on. :mad:
You're probably powering up too much.

The higher difficulties rely on you more figuring out the power for the goal rather than just full power everytime (which I'd say you're doing if you're kicking that poorly).
The learning curve isn't the problem with this game for new players, it's the controller configeration.
This is how i would set it up for PS3-

cross = kick
square = handball
circle = shot at goal
triangle = tap-stab pass, hold-torpedo

Left stick = move
L3 = reciever lock (that way it's all performed with one button)
Right stick = tap / bump
R3 = punch / spoil (that way you can use direction with same button)

L1 = banana / speccie (not implemented yet)
L2 = switch
R1 = mark / tackle
R2 = sprint

This way or similar could avoid having to press two buttons together all the time and avoid RSI city. It also may make the game more responsive and could make the tackling issue a non-issue

Any chance the controller issue can be fixed in an upcoming patch, ross?
Some I agree with, others I vehemently disagree with.

I think copying FIFA's controls a bit more would work better.

R2 for Sprint is a yes. L1 is my preferred switch player though.

I don't think any skill button should be on the shoulders of the controller. So snapping for me using L1 would be out. Marking would also be ridiculous with R1.

Don't really like the idea of clicking in R3 and aiming it at the same time, this is REALLY hard to do if you actually try it out. There's just such a fine line between knowing if you're depressing the R3 button and not that I would expect MANY to be pissed off at it 'not working' when they're just not depressing the R3 button properly.

And as per MY FIFA controls I really like the kick for goal being square.

I think it'd be good to offer a couple of options, but nothing so drastically different like yours.
If you want to leave the button config as is then you can't complain when you get noobs quitting during online play.
Not everybody has the time or inclination to learn this game properly and sometimes it's just a one off.
If you make the buttons changeable then people can set it up as they please.
If you don't know the controls, don't play online. It's really not hard.

I'm not saying you have to know them inside and out, but if you don't know them to the point that you know you're going to get smacked online and quit then you shouldn't be playing online.

After dominating my season as Richmond on legend going through undefeated, started one as Gold Coast. Won my first game 100-80 without ever feeling safe, then beat the Dogs 10.4 to 6.16 which was definitely a lucky victory, before losing to the Dees by 3 after trailing by 35 during the second quarter. Followed that up with a drubbing of Port Adelaide :D

A far more challenging and entertaining season so far, although that may have a bit to do with the fact that I hadn't played for about 10 days before starting the season. Hoping it stays this way :thumbsu:

I just tried legend, and got flogged, dominated on amateur seems a completely different game on legend lol.

What tactics should I use? forward line,back line tactics, positioning etc?

Any help would be great :thumbsu:

Re-posting, this thread seems more popular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are some of the minor problems in the game going to be fixed in the patch? e.g. Just then i had the ball in the forward line and gave off the hands to Kepler Bradley who ran into the open goal square and kicked a goal, but there was no goal umpire signal or no crowd cheering, and instead it got given a throw in.

After dominating my season as Richmond on legend going through undefeated, started one as Gold Coast. Won my first game 100-80 without ever feeling safe, then beat the Dogs 10.4 to 6.16 which was definitely a lucky victory, before losing to the Dees by 3 after trailing by 35 during the second quarter. Followed that up with a drubbing of Port Adelaide :D

A far more challenging and entertaining season so far, although that may have a bit to do with the fact that I hadn't played for about 10 days before starting the season. Hoping it stays this way :thumbsu:

Didn't get what I hoped for. Next game flogged Essendon. Brennan 27 disposals and 12 goals, Sam Day a lazy 8 goals all on 5 minute quarters.

31.14.200 v 6.5.41.

The patch better increase the difficulty a fair bit :D

Is it just me, or does the kicking power up bar change sometimes when you play online games? For example, the whole bar is blue, with no yellow or red for error? Has happened in a few games but maybe it has to do with how good a kick the player is.
It's based on how good the player is.

Hey guys, i know injuries has been a fairly well covered area and part of it will be fixed in the patch (i think?) but im wondering if its' possible to check out some form on injury report in competition mode? I've lost Cloke, Dawes and Krak and they havne't come back for a while..

Hey guys, i know injuries has been a fairly well covered area and part of it will be fixed in the patch (i think?) but im wondering if its' possible to check out some form on injury report in competition mode? I've lost Cloke, Dawes and Krak and they havne't come back for a while..

If you go to them in the side selection/team selection menu, thety will have a little red blip (can't remember if it's a clock or a red cross) with a number on it. THat's how much longer they're out for. From memory, MOST of my players were automatically included again when they were fit.

If you go to them in the side selection/team selection menu, thety will have a little red blip (can't remember if it's a clock or a red cross) with a number on it. THat's how much longer they're out for. From memory, MOST of my players were automatically included again when they were fit.
Perfect, thanks man:thumbsu:

From memory, MOST of my players were automatically included again when they were fit.

None of mine were. It got to a point where i was seeing 4 or 5 different players on my team and wondered why. Had a look before the next game, and there were all my recovered players, sitting there unselected.

None of mine were. It got to a point where i was seeing 4 or 5 different players on my team and wondered why. Had a look before the next game, and there were all my recovered players, sitting there unselected.

For me I found if the replacement player was in form the game did not drop them for the returned injured player.

Have been chugging along playing a season as St Kilda on legendary. started off slowly, but came home with a wet sail and finished the season 4th.

Beat Hawthorn in the qualifying final and then Essendon in the prelim.

then got belted by Geelong by 56 points in the GF :(

(after my Brownlow and Coleman medalist Riewoldt) was injured in the prelim.

tough way to end the season. [although Rooey won the Norm Smith - without playing] Fair effort from the champ.

I noticed it was incredibly hard to not have Rooey leading out from CHF after i'd been using his skills as a mode to goal for majority of the year.

One thing that needs to be improved (imho) is the Team Lineup screen. bloody impossible to work out who you are switching for places, as it sorts by Ratings, instead of alphabetically.

Had fun,and looking forward to the BigFooty Ps3 Cup kicking off shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back