AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ross, im genuinely surprised that you would sign a nda ( assume with tru blu ) all the big companies drip feed information in regards to upcoming titles/dlc to gain consumer interest, you have always been forthcoming in the past and in my mind that helped bigant in actual sales, word of mouth is a very powerful tool. I feel that trublu didnt handle the release of afl live too well, in particular they were much to late to the table with media advertising and the social media side of things wasnt handled to well either. Im just wondering what benefits this nda brings to your company. i am not trying to be a smart alec, just genuinely interested to know why?
It's hardly like Ross would've had a choice in the matter.

It would've been 'contract for game with NDA', if there was no NDA then there was likely no game for BigAnt to develop. Every dev signs them. Just comes down to the publisher being quiet or loud with their info. That's where I don't really get Tru Blu's stance on things.

I don't mind a company playing their cards close to their chest until they have something really solid to show off. But had it not been for Ross' promotions there really would've been zero genuine hype. It can be hard to get the word out there to people when you're avoiding TV ads, but that's when the great power of the internet shows its strength. Hell if it wasn't for Ross organising the EB/JB playthroughs (advertised on the net) there would've been even less word of mouth. The more word out there the better in the case of smaller games like this. It's disappointing that Tru Blu do want to gag the info quite a lot.

Ross can you answer this? is there going to be a Cricket game?

There will be a cricket game. People on this board have actually seen a version of it in our offices. I cannot say anything about it now but will when I can.

PS: Tru Blu is not currently involved with the cricket game, any delays are not to do with them.

For everyone who wins every match on legend by 40+ points in 5 minute quarters, you should edit your teams stats to make the game harder. I took away 20 points for every stat for each player in the dockers (it only took about 45 minutes) and now they are a half a star team, and the game is so much harder.

I beat Adelaide and Essendon just and then lost to geelong by about 10 points. Just then i played a game against bulldogs and they kicked the first 4 goals and were up 25 - 9 at quarter time. the second quarter was more even but they were still dominating, my team were much slower, had less stamina and were worse at marking and kicking. And for some reason the other team starts to play better and smarter without any stupid decisions. The game is much more exciting. At half time i was down 23 - 46. I got some momentum late in the third quarter and at 3 quarter time I brought the margin back down to 14. I thought I had a chance of winning.

Straight away in the 4th, the bulldogs kicked 4 goals in 6 minutes and the game was pretty much over. I kicked a couple of late goals but they still won 85 - 60. Barry hall kicked 5, Mayne and Pav kicked 3 each. This was the most fun i have had on AFL Live since i started and i recommend others to do this.

If you are going to do it be sure to make it on a new profile so then you can play in custom seasons and real seasons with the edited team.

P.S I didn't realize i wrote so much!
icon10.gif

There will be a cricket game. People on this board have actually seen a version of it in our offices. I cannot say anything about it now but will when I can.

PS: Tru Blu is not currently involved with the cricket game, any delays are not to do with them.

Thanks so much ross, I honestly appreciate your reply and all your help with the previous afl game ans the cricket game.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Anyone notice there was an update on AFL Live.

I haven't played the game for about a month but today I went to play it and it required an update.

Does anyone know what this update was for?

I haven't played the game for about a month but today I went to play it and it required an update.

I'll check it out, if its a big update, it might be a roster update that would hold until the next game, small update, then probably some of these fixes

i didnt get it, just logged into psn a few hours ago.

i did play rugby league live the other week though and there was an update, but i didnt notice if anything had changed, certainly not rosters though (thanks, because parra were great in this game!).

i highly doubt ross wouldn't have told us, though maybe hes setting a new trend in how we get our news? ie we dont?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who said there was an update, either deleted his patch and had not played the game since, or has not been on in the past 6 months although he did claim he hasn't played in 1 month.

The guy who said there was an update, either deleted his patch and had not played the game since, or has not been on in the past 6 months although he did claim he hasn't played in 1 month.
I had actually installed the patch when it first came out, and never removed it. I only decided to play the game yesterday for the first time in 1-2 months, so I have no idea why an update was required.

If your system found a patch it must be the original patch, there has just been the one so far.

'so far' - ooooohhh that'll get everyone's tongues wagging!

Oh my god. Why doesn't everyone just chill and wait until there is some news. Having people ask wouldn't make it come any quicker. News will be released when they want to not when we want it.

Looks like there is a system update now, not an AFL one. Guessing this dude somehow confused the two.
Nah, that update came today. Not a few days ago.

Oh my god. Why doesn't everyone just chill and wait until there is some news. Having people ask wouldn't make it come any quicker. News will be released when they want to not when we want it.

Pretty sure what I said back there was sarcasm but anyway......

Hi Ross, have been trying to play online but just can't get a game against a non super team. Is there any chance you will still be patching these out, I think the online community would come back to this game if so?

on a side note played a guy called tommygun (650,000xp) the other night with my standard bombers side, he had a custom super team and was playing with two players. the thing that annoyed me was every time i would mark the ball he would keep bumping my player till he was off the mark then tackle me, so i had to either quickly didpose of the ball or give him a holding the ball free kick. hopefully this can be fixed in the next version

I second this Hirdy. Many a time I would bomb the ball forward, take a pack mark in front of goals only to be instantly tackled then tackled again which would result in a play on then holding the ball.

Only happens online which in many ways can be game breaking.

A fix would really help with the frustration levels with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back