AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Ant.

Im not really sure how they work so if someone else could start it would be awesome!

BTW, can you please change your avatar. That dribbling yetti pic is quite unnerving :)

Maybe you could get 4-16 players, let them choose a team (not custom) or allocate one, make something like NAB Cup (Not this years or last years style)
You could also make 4 groups of 4, let them play each other and then the top 2 of each go into finals.

The one thing that shits me most with this game is the inability to turn off player indicators when playing unranked online. Ive said it before, but it completely throws me off as i am watching players up the field to time the pass to suit their position/lead. Its a split second thing, but i just cant get past it. Its not there in the ranked games, which present brilliantly.

So count me out of the comp, i might give online super teams a go.

As indicated in another thread somewhere here I haven't got the resources to run the comp but I'll certainly put up some Big Ant prizes to the top three.

Re: AFL Live 2011 PC

AFL Live for PC should be 2012, no point in 2011 now, I believe from what I have seen on facebook updates, Tru Blu has said that they need the licences, I have pretty much no idea what is going on right now with the game, haven't checked.

As indicated in another thread somewhere here I haven't got the resources to run the comp but I'll certainly put up some Big Ant prizes to the top three.

I know its too late for this game, but if the next game has some kind of spectator feature, and proper online multiplayer.

I WILL be casting the **** out of it. Not to mention playing.

If they are releasing a patch or a new AFL live why do you think that they have decided to hold it off. Do you think that its because they want to see how good the teams are this year so they can rate the teams more evenly since West Coast were rated like 3 stars in the latest one. What do you guys think they are doing by holding it off? Im pretty sure this time last year they had released the release date of the game and were doing those demo sessions.
:D

If they are releasing a patch or a new AFL live why do you think that they have decided to hold it off. Do you think that its because they want to see how good the teams are this year so they can rate the teams more evenly since West Coast were rated like 3 stars in the latest one. What do you guys think they are doing by holding it off? Im pretty sure this time last year they had released the release date of the game and were doing those demo sessions.

They might be still working on the game? Maybe licensing issues (probably not). AFL Live 2011 began in 2009 or something? took them quite a while, everyone was expecting a 2010 release.

Im looking to start a comp anyone who is interested Pm me and we will go from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross,

In the next addition of AFL live for whenever it may be, can you please fix up the glitch when a player marks the ball and he is tackled and then bumped after he gets up and its called play on. It is driving me crazy and it just so happened to decide the game last game. I marked the ball 25m out in the forward line directly in front with hurley then i was tackled and bumped and it was called play on. I was winning by 3 points or so and he ended up rebounding from the back line to win the game. Another is that you should increase marking around the ground since it is just too easy to spoil when your not even in a good position. In stoppages and tightly packed situations the player with the ball should have more time to make a decision and the difference in player speeds should be also evident. Rioli can't burn them off like he does in real life. The game would also become more interesting and fun if the players didn't man up one to one all the time. It just makes the game very contested and doesn't allow a free flowing game like Real life.

Also the bumping in AFL live needs to be fixed. In real life, bumps usually have little effect on the play. Instead in AFL live i reckon that the players should be able to shield and use their body strength to block players when running towards the ball. Similar to marking, it should be more about strength then timing in a marking contest. In tackling situations, when a player tackles another they shouldn't just drop the ball so other players run onto it and get it. They should be tackled and still have the ball in their hands/on the ground but they are able to defend it still. When opposition players run to pick it up they should have to grab it off the player instead of just taking it off the ground without giving the opposition team to slow down play and defend.

I think that you should also do something about the online games. When you are killing a player by 50 points or so they can often stop playing. You shouldn't have to waste your time playing against no one when you really just want to play online. If you are winning by over 50 points or so, you should be able to quit without risking losing your winning streak. The AI also needs improvement. The AI automatically drags players towards the play with the ball creating a play style where when you get tackled you just pass it to the next team mate and keep on running and continue that until you have a shot at goal.

All the stats need to be included as well. Player by player stats and i would recommend you set out the stats in a way thats similar to FIFA where it shows the players faces and their stats. Clearances should also be added to the stats sheet and a player rating after the game. Shots on goal should also be harder to kick. Instead shooting for goal when lining up should be more about timing the kick when the ball hits the foot.

Thats all i can think of atm.

:eek:

Could you also fix that thing where a player will stand with arms outstretched going "Derr what the **** is this oval shaped thing?" everytime they go to pick up the ball. I know players can overrun the ball, but no players EVER do that.

It's extremely frustrating to be first to the ball only to have a second player come through and grab the ball, while your player stands there looking like a ********.

Hey, is anyone here interested in a game or two on 360 tonight? I used to be reasonable. I'm pretty sure I was 2 or 3 at one stage but I think that flattered me to be honest. I haven't played for about 6 months though.

Anyway, just post here or send me a PM. I'll be playing with Melbourne customized only to add in Mitch Clark (come on, we need all the help we can get!) and would like to play against other teams that are either at the default level or at least only slightly and realistically customized.

Cheers!

Hi Ross,

Im just wondering if whether AFL games receive funding from the AFL. I believe that they should since that it helps to promote the game and i have began following sports such as soccer (EPL) and basketball due to playing FIFA and NBA2k.

Sorry if anyone has asked previously.

Thanks,:)

I'm assuming it's to do with the many reasons that Ross has explained multiple times. To name a few;
Roster updates - ie, New team, adding every new draftee will take time. Also they'd have to reassess every single player's stats, because imagine the backlash if some player moved forward in 2011 and in the new version his stats were still backman like.
New arenas - There are something like 4 new arenas this year.
New fixturing - In NAB and Season mode.
Sock heights

Then add to that, time spent adding in things that many people consider game breakers. Like fixing custom seasons, having multiple seasons, more customisation in team creator, be a pro mode. And also consider that they probably didn't even start work on the new one til atleast mid last year, and that they most likely don't want to release a rush-job, and that probably gives you a small idea of why a game is being "held off".

I'm assuming it's to do with the many reasons that Ross has explained multiple times. To name a few;
Roster updates - ie, New team, adding every new draftee will take time. Also they'd have to reassess every single player's stats, because imagine the backlash if some player moved forward in 2011 and in the new version his stats were still backman like.
New arenas - There are something like 4 new arenas this year.
New fixturing - In NAB and Season mode.
Sock heights

Then add to that, time spent adding in things that many people consider game breakers. Like fixing custom seasons, having multiple seasons, more customisation in team creator, be a pro mode. And also consider that they probably didn't even start work on the new one til atleast mid last year, and that they most likely don't want to release a rush-job, and that probably gives you a small idea of why a game is being "held off".

I pretty much agree with you, I don't know if they have been working on it last year, but I remember back in this thread about 2 months ago that they had the go ahead to start this game, so probably expecting a release end of this year/start of next.

Old timers may recall the gap between when the first game was handed in by BA and when it was released - it was six months or thereabouts. Add into the fact that BA probably took some stuff out of the final version that wasn't quite ready for release, and the immediate success of the game, plus the fact that the first version was considered a 'foundation release' with the real money to be made with the iterative releases in future, I think it's safe to say that development work could have been occurring for a long time now.

It's just a theory but there's a lot of reasons why the next version could be close.

Is it still possible for them to release it by April 22 or so like they did last year? Is there enough time?

Is it still possible for them to release it by April 22 or so like they did last year? Is there enough time?

I would be extremely impressed if they could make the shelves inside of six weeks without anyone knowing. Also wouldn't make much sense - there would be no anticipation or buzz.

TruBlu said on their FB page a while back they only release info when they are 100% confident that it is definitely going to happen. Which makes me curious about how they can be uncertain of what they are doing two weeks into the season - score one for the doubters I guess.

Edit - just realised this logic has a flaw - it also might mean TruBlu are not positive of anything, including that the next game will only come out after 2012.

From my knowledge, AFL LIVE 2 is happening. I believe the test game has been made, they have testers for it etc. They are just taking it slow again, hopefully to get everything right. I'm guessing it will be out come Finals time. If not the finals series then it would be April 2013. My opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back