AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little yellow marker comes up. 'Custom' doesn't necessarily mean super-powered though. I've traded Ebert and Renouf into Port's side, and that makes them a 'custom team'.

Yep I know, that's the most frustrating part. And even the star rating doesn't tell you anything, because you can have a 4 star team with guns in the right positions and they will dominate.

**** these custom teams. Is there a way to know if a team is custom or not?

There is, but it doesn't matter because just about every single online team is now a super custom team.

Decided to bite the bullet and jack up some stats. Won my next few games by 50+ points against people I was losing to when I wasn't using a custom team. They were also a few of the most woeful and boring matches I've ever played on the game being that every single player out there was basically superman.

Kick, mark, kick, mark, tackle and bump to drop ball, 18 more bumps, kick, mark, kick, mark, goal. Rinse and repeat for 20 mins.

if any one cares afl live is now on demand, on xbox 360.
:)

Really!?! Can someone from the USA please check if they can see it on the store? (We get asked a lot for a version to be playable in the US.)

AFL Live 2011 PC

Does anybody know whether AFL Live 2011 will be eventually released for PC? or directly 2012 PC? or neither?

Re: AFL Live 2011 PC

Does anybody know whether AFL Live 2011 will be eventually released for PC? or directly 2012 PC? or neither?

AFL Live definitely exists on PC, and it has been confirmed by Ross. Release date and any other information on the game is restricted by TruBlu. As for whether it'd be last year's version, or this year's (assuming there is one) you could only guess. You would probably think the new one would be released, however that brings about the whole piracy issue which is the reason for the current delay on the PC copy. Because of that, you could say it'd be last year's game, but that would be pretty pointless unless it had some form of roster update.

I'd say that if a new title is coming out this year, the PC version would be withheld for a certain period of time after the console release to help combat piracy, and then released in full. The complications that have prevented a PC release to this point, whether it be developmental or issues with TruBlu, would almost certainly not happen again and everything should run smoothly.

Hi Ross,

Does Bigantstudios/Tru Blu have the licenses for 2012 to be able to release a game???.

Thanks,

Question for Ross,

What is the criteria that the game uses to select a team's captain? Does it have to do with any particular stats, such as decision making?
If you edit a team, it goes to the highest rated overall player.

If you edit a team, it goes to the highest rated overall player.

But how does it choose it when you drop your captain in an unedited side (ling)?

It seems to be random or chosen by position. Ive had taylor hunt as captain a few times.

But how does it choose it when you drop your captain in an unedited side (ling)?

It seems to be random or chosen by position. Ive had taylor hunt as captain a few times.

I'll check it out for you, can't remember off the top - I expect there will be a combination of highest stats.

Hi Ross,

If there happens to be a AFL live next year (I'm not saying that your not going to bring another one out this year) will it be on the future generation consoles because i believe that the PS4 is rumoured to be coming out next year and the new Wii.

Thanks,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really!?! Can someone from the USA please check if they can see it on the store? (We get asked a lot for a version to be playable in the US.)

TruBlu not keeping you guys in the loop?

It seems to be trublu's style to tell people things weeks after they have been released. These guys are holding bigant back and will no doubt cost future afl versions in sales. After hearing about the previous game through Ross on this site I would have told 30 - 40 people that it was coming, nearly all of those bought the game. That's just one person, I imagine lots of other guys here would have done the same thing, to not even know if there's dlc or another game coming defies all laws of sound financial business

With the commentary on a prospective new game, could it be Anthony Hudson or someone similar with many more phrases/special comment people? One of the (few) things that I dislike most about the current game is the repetitiveness in the commentary.

With the commentary on a prospective new game, could it be Anthony Hudson or someone similar with many more phrases/special comment people? One of the (few) things that I dislike most about the current game is the repetitiveness in the commentary.

The commentary is fine if it is turned down a bit and you can't quite make out what they are saying.

The commentary is fine if it is turned down a bit and you can't quite make out what they are saying.
Personally, if the ambient game noises were turned up to a level that I could drown out the commentary I think I'd rather play with that after a while. Especially with headsets on.

With the new xbox spec announced and PS4, wii-u on it's way. Will the next game be on next generation hardware or current?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/02/xbox-720-detailed-blu-ray-inside-always-on-netcon-required/

Apparently the new PS4 rumours are bogus. If the hype around the PS3 slim was anything to go by until the info and speculation flies thick and fast (like what is beginning to happen for the next XBox) then the new model is ages away.

FWIW I reckon TruBlu would have rocks in their head not squeezing out a couple more versions (2012 and 2013) for the current gen before the impending hype begins to dampen sales.

Apparently the new PS4 rumours are bogus. If the hype around the PS3 slim was anything to go by until the info and speculation flies thick and fast (like what is beginning to happen for the next XBox) then the new model is ages away.

FWIW I reckon TruBlu would have rocks in their head not squeezing out a couple more versions (2012 and 2013) for the current gen before the impending hype begins to dampen sales.

Yeah you and HBK are correct, was wondering if Ross could let us know if he has his hands on the new tech. :cool:

Been playing a few games online lately, and dear lord, I don't think I've ever had such a frustrating online experience with a game.

I know this has all been said before, but bumpers, superteams, every team having Naitanui as their ruckman, a team with Setanta O'Hailpin rated an 85 at FF, good god. I consider myself to be quite a good player, but geez, all of the skill is taken out of the game online and every game is fighting an uphill battle (I use an appropriately rated 2012 Richmond team).

The online gameplay is fantastic as a whole (much more enjoyable that playing against the AI), but the playing field is in no way level, and I don't want to have to resort to boosting my teams stats just to keep up.

/rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back