AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Inb4 lock.

It took ages to get a psn game last night so i thought id give a season another go.

Won first game by 102 points, sigh, thought it was going to be tweaked but ai opponents are still useless.

Do they even change team tactics to adjust the flow of the game?

Inb4 lock.

It took ages to get a psn game last night so i thought id give a season another go.

Won first game by 102 points, sigh, thought it was going to be tweaked but ai opponents are still useless.

Do they even change team tactics to adjust the flow of the game?

I find it harder after the patch. Still haven't lost, but had a couple of small wins where I was a half chance of losing. Do you bump in offline?

• Banned
I find it harder after the patch. Still haven't lost, but had a couple of small wins where I was a half chance of losing. Do you bump in offline?

Of course i bump.

I dont incessantly bump off the ball like what happens online, but of course i bump, how can you not? Shepherding a team mate is a critical part of afl.

The bump needs to be nerfed though.

fZE1iF.png

Just gave Brisbane a 70 point drubbing with my custom team, Tippett kicked 9 :O !

Of course i bump.

I dont incessantly bump off the ball like what happens online, but of course i bump, how can you not? Shepherding a team mate is a critical part of afl.

The bump needs to be nerfed though.
Don't bump and maybe it'll be harder?

I don't think I ever bump offline...well online either unless prompted but I cbf with the constant bumping shit regardless. Definitely adds more to the contest and makes you think before just shooting the ball out and relying on a bump to get you some free room.

• Banned
I dont rely on it but how can you not do it when your ruck punches it to a 2v1 on the f50 line which gives a quick open shot at goal. Its not like it happens every single play, but if it gets me a few goals, why would i try and make it any harder for myself?

Players do still shepherd in footy.

Do you know if that Marflar guy from YouTube is on BigFooty? He did a season with the Bombers with commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know if that Marflar guy from YouTube is on BigFooty? He did a season with the Bombers with commentary.

Not sure mate, but i watched some of his videos yesterday.

I dont rely on it but how can you not do it when your ruck punches it to a 2v1 on the f50 line which gives a quick open shot at goal. Its not like it happens every single play, but if it gets me a few goals, why would i try and make it any harder for myself?

Players do still shepherd in footy.

Lol, if you use an advantageous gameplay element that the AI is unable to use, thus giving yourself a comparative advantage, of course it will be too easy.

If the ruck punches to a 2v1, a bit of smart play will get you a goal without needing to bump.

Lol, if you use an advantageous gameplay element that the AI is unable to use, thus giving yourself a comparative advantage, of course it will be too easy.

If the ruck punches to a 2v1, a bit of smart play will get you a goal without needing to bump.

So you suggest i take possession, draw the tackle and then pick up the spillage with the free man?

I do this more than bumping, bumping is just a quicker way to get the same outcome and usually allows the solo player to get back in the contest, which then puts my players under more pressure to clear the ball. Which effectively has improved my decision making in game, though it can be frustrating when the game doesnt handball as good as the real afl players can.

Dont forget, laying a good bump has a bit of timing to it as well as positioning, if you try it at the wrong time your player stops and gets left behind.

Do you not use tackle to make the game harder? Or kicking?

Bumping is as much a part of footy as these skills are, imo. Has to be within 5m of the ball though, or is it 10?

The game only gives it as a free kick sometimes, should be every single time though.

I love this game and its fun to play. I hate playing online because half em i get are laggers.. its just great being destroyed by 100 points and seeing connection symbol show up. I knows its not my connection because i play a ton of online games and never had trouble before.

Started a season as Sydney on Legend, 5 min quarters, with all new DLC and Patch. Hadn't played it since October last year...struggled over GWS by a couple of goals. Lost to Freo at home by about 7 goals but won all of them since at round 5. But I love the game now...see-sawing games where momentum kills. Led 27-0 at 1/4 time over the Roos and at half time I was 40-29. Much improved! And blooding youngsters is my favourite bit I reckon. Got Tommy Mitchell into the team, 13 possies on debut after being subbed on at HT. And in my last one I blooded Jordan Lockyer who got 17 possies and a goal. Just always seemed to be near the ball. Well don BAS on the DLC and Patch

I'm a little late but has the tackling been fixed? Played it for a while but got so sick of the gameplay. Get ball, get tackled, scrubber kick, pick up ball, get tackled, holding the ball, opposition kick, get ball, tackled. Was getting ridiculous amounts of tackles (100+) for a 15-20 minute game or so and made it unplayable almost.

I'm a little late but has the tackling been fixed? Played it for a while but got so sick of the gameplay. Get ball, get tackled, scrubber kick, pick up ball, get tackled, holding the ball, opposition kick, get ball, tackled. Was getting ridiculous amounts of tackles (100+) for a 15-20 minute game or so and made it unplayable almost.

The more you play the less stoppages you'll start to have. You'll learn when and how to get rid of the ball much more effectively which keeps the play rolling.

This is probably a dumb question, but how the hell do I download the DLC?

I'm on PS3 btw.

I've got the patch, and it says to press triangle for downloadable content, and then it just says "There are no items that you can purchase at this time"

I can't find it in the PSN Store either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back