AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a nice surprise today with my 5000 goals trophy. Wasn't sure what goals it includes as my offline total is at about 3900 so i thought i was a fair way off yet, but it seems it includes offline and online so it was a nice surprise when Tippett banged through number 5000.

Hey Ross, can you please explain this to me.

Playing an online match and was about 3 goals down and on the come back when suddenly I noticed all my tactics had changed to the complete opposite and basically everything was reset. Anyway, thought meh must be a bug, changed it all back and got the ball going forward when this message just randomly popped up (note that there is no Xbox controller indicator down the bottom so the controller was clearly connected to the system and the guide button worked and so did the A button obviously. So how the F... does this message just appear without my controller ever being disconnected to initially bring up the menu?

Also my tactics were changed 3 times in this game without me touching them, man up changed to zone, huddle to spread, defensive became attacking and so on. Hacks?

Hey Ross, can you please explain this to me.

Playing an online match and was about 3 goals down and on the come back when suddenly I noticed all my tactics had changed to the complete opposite and basically everything was reset. Anyway, thought meh must be a bug, changed it all back and got the ball going forward when this message just randomly popped up (note that there is no Xbox controller indicator down the bottom so the controller was clearly connected to the system and the guide button worked and so did the A button obviously. So how the F... does this message just appear without my controller ever being disconnected to initially bring up the menu?

Also my tactics were changed 3 times in this game without me touching them, man up changed to zone, huddle to spread, defensive became attacking and so on. Hacks?

Sorry, don't know why that would happen. The Xbox itself tells us the state of the controllers (we can't "write" that they are or are not connected). Has it happened more than once?

Nope, just this one online match. It was just very strange that it occurred and the timing of such an occurrence. Also, the AI took over for my side when it happened which made me even more confused?

As for the tactic changes to both kick out and match tactics, that's been happening a lot lately. My starting tactics will noticeably change as I'll have everything suddenly set to defensive and a massive pack of players around the ball.

Ross, can you tell me, have injures been toned right down? I have played 7 rounds in a season on extreme injuries and not seen one. Not even a niggle or green cross. This seems to be a bit of an oversight. It has taken away all management aspects of playing a season. I actually liked it before the first patch that toned injuries down. I liked I had to manage my team. Now, I can just plug and play the same 22 each game.

Not a lot of people online but I still get the odd game and luckily I have a few friends who still play. I can't be picky with games though. I used to just reject all custom teams but now I just take any game I can get.

Allowing custom teams into quick matches remains, by far, the single worst feature of this otherwise decent game. I know Ross campaigned for them to be restricted to custom games, as they would be in any sensible game. Hopefully the next version has this restriction.

The worst is when you play against a team where all the players are normal but you know it's customised from the FF symbol. You therefore just know that the team has been heavily customised. I played one guy and he won 95% of the hit outs with Paddy Ryder so I knew something was up (without wanting to show off but I am very good in the ruck). Lost the game about 70-40 as Melbourne against his 5 star custom. Luckily he agreed to a replay with a normal team (after some convincing) and I smashed him about 80-30 Melbourne vs Sydney.

i think rugby league live can give us some idea of what to expect in afl live 2

• A Multitude of Licensed Leagues & Teams: NRL, Super League, Cooperative Championships, NSW & QLD cups, Toyota Cup, Rep teams, Australian, English and New Zealander Internationals.
  • 34 high detail stadia from Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
  • Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.
  • Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.
  • Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.
  • Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.
  • Strategic Defense: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man tackles!
  • Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to team mates.
  • Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.
  • Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.
  • Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player Contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.
  • Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
  • Double-barreled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil 'Gus' Gould.

come on bigant, finish off the dull rugby game and get on to the real stuff!

Any reason I've lost the ability to play a season using my edited rosters? I've played two seasons since downloading the DLC using an edited Essendon team with no issues. Today I went to start a new season and noticed I was no longer able to play as any of my edited teams.

Hey Ross, I've got an idea and just thought I'd run iut past you... Its about the gurnseys for the custom made teams. If your going to go ahead with a new AFL game in the future for next year would you be open to the idea of a competion for the fans of the game to create a gurnsey? & then if the team at Big Ant are happy with the best design add it to the next game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok this has only started to occur after I got the DLC. EVERY time there is a ball up whether it be at the beginning of each quarter or after a goal has been kicked, my controller for some reason disconnects (Xbox 360) and I need to hold the guide button down to reconnect it. It can't be the controller because I have already swapped controllers and had no luck. Any idea what's causing it and does anyone else have the same problem? Just FYI it happens just after the ball begins to drop after its highest point and doesn't happen during boundary throw ins.

Whenever I finish a game after the quarter by quarter scores and game stats the screen goes black and I have to exit to Xbox home, it doesn't save progress in season mode and it also does it in single match.

Tru Blu Entertainment Pty. Ltd.
I think we will have a few smiley faces tonight!!!! Are you ready?

Thinking its for the league game, but shit it would be nice if it was for AFL.

Tru Blu Entertainment Pty. Ltd.
I think we will have a few smiley faces tonight!!!! Are you ready?

Thinking its for the league game, but shit it would be nice if it was for AFL.
Yeah, I'm sure they'd want to overshadow RLL2 by announcing AFL Live 2.

It'll be trailer/release date for RLL2.

Finally got the internet going for my new house.

Does anyone play this online on xbox?

Im gonna set up an account. And I wont bump either.

Is it possible to change the possitions of existing playe? (DLC). Eg. Petrenco is back pocket in the game but half forward in real life.

god dammit its Sunday, i would of thought someone might wanna play this online. been waiting for hours and only found one match and that dick quite.

So when do we think we'll get AFL 2? Next April will be 2 years from release, so optimistically you'd hope to see something early next season.

I imagine that a lot of the Rugby updates will have been put into AFL at the same time, ie the Create a Player options. So you'd reckon that along with a few other gameplay updates, they'd be nearing a new version, especially if they're following a year by year game/dlc/game cycle.

BigAntStudios , any chance of a hint either way if we should expect something next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back