AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 9 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 9 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

So we're ~2-3 months away from a release and ZERO footage has been shown. I can't think of a single good game where no footage had been shown this close to release.

Thats a good point, whether a game is good or bad there is usually some snippet of footage floating around.

I don't think there will be as much to talk about but I'll be around.... I'll also be on PSN to kick some Collingwood/Essendon asses!

(Now having thrown the gauntlet I better get some more practise in.... :) )

I'll accept that challenge ross :D:thumbsu:

Sorry, I can't agree.

Trailers and such may come out way before a games release however actual in-game footage normally is much later for most games - and sports games even more so as once you have a vertical slice and ability to make video clips you are pretty much done making the game, anything prior is merely indicative.

Most videos that are more than 3 months out from a games release are fake and not on the target platform but made in Maya and the like.

the only thing im worried about the online gameplay, is how every body is going to rage quite after i start smashing them :)

Sorry, I can't agree.

Trailers and such may come out way before a games release however actual in-game footage normally is much later for most games - and sports games even more so as once you have a vertical slice and ability to make video clips you are pretty much done making the game, anything prior is merely indicative.

Most videos that are more than 3 months out from a games release are fake and not on the target platform but made in Maya and the like.

So what, the game is still more than 3 months away from release? May/June?

If you are going to do the request then please send through your BF name so I can put two and two together.... and perhaps decide not to friend you, I accept yours of course Ochre :)
Heads up. My PSN is the same as my username. ;)

If that's true then there should be at least some footage floating around the Interwebs.

Unless of course the game is crap and they don't want to show it off until it's on store shelves.

Or maybe they think it's pointless advertising a game when the AFL season has yet to actually start yet?

I can sense Ross getting a lot of friends online, he'll probably be the most popular guy on the PSN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it pointless? AFL fans don't hibernate over summer. And not as if Big Ant are advertising any other games.

Hmmm... we've had five retail releases in 12 months..... we've had support four campaigns in the US and here.

The video will come out when it is most advantageous for marketing, as decided by HES/Tru Blu, so the release of the video is beyond my control in any case. This is a game that will have TV commercials, etc.. and they will want the footage fresh for that (in my opinion).

In terms of quality of the game, there are people here that have seen it, there is Jason Hill who saw it just last week and loved it. To try and create a direct link between a video existing or not and game quality is more than a long bow.

Or maybe they think it's pointless advertising a game when the AFL season has yet to actually start yet?

Exactly. Australia is a small market, advertising needs to be precise and targeted well.

hmmm... here's opening the floodgates!

RossAtBigAnt
Done and DONE!:D
Sorry, I can't agree.

I guess it's pretty true when you take into account sports titles.

The recently shown and announced Top Spin 4 is coming out in March and had NOTHING before last month.

FIFA generally has drips and drabs of information but rarely has a video come out until a couple of months until release. Same goes for the NBA series as well as NFL and NHL. They all keep info close to the chest until they can assault the market with advertising.

First Facebook and now this, you're just a gluten for punishment ;)

Read back, he gave away your account details in Part 7 of the thread. :p

I'm tigerhawk09 Ross, I'm the best on BigFooty at Black Ops but I'll play this game if it ever comes out ;)

Read back, he gave away your account details in Part 7 of the thread. :p

Lol! If I'd have known that I would have posted his PSN tag long ago :D

You are right and computer games are alot easier to copy than say ps3 or xbox games.

The only downside to buying a game such as afl on pc is that computers are alot more saceptable to virus and crashing etc.. than ps3 and xbox w 360hich also means that you are 3 times mor likely to lose your computer data than the data on your ps3 or xbox 360 ( with the exception of the yellow light of death (PS3) and the red rings of death( XBOX 360)).

Only if you're a console fanboy who has no idea how to run a proper gaming PC.

FWIW I have both a 360 and a gaming PC.

I agree Murraj people sem to have this bad vibe about PC's and gaming. I have a ps3 and a good gaming PC. I play sports games on my 100" projector with my ps3 and shooters on my PC.
Shooters are so much better on PC than consoles plus i reckon there is less 12 yr old annoying nubs lol
You cant beat playing sport titles tho with a controller on a console and alot better when mates are over with a few drinks and some games of Fight Night lol

Oh and Gareth i have never lost any data in all my years of PC gaming about 20 in fact so im not sure what you do with yours but if you are worried save to a memory stick.

I agree Murraj people sem to have this bad vibe about PC's and gaming. I have a ps3 and a good gaming PC. I play sports games on my 100" projector with my ps3 and shooters on my PC.
Shooters are so much better on PC than consoles plus i reckon there is less 12 yr old annoying nubs lol
You cant beat playing sport titles tho with a controller on a console and alot better when mates are over with a few drinks and some games of Fight Night lol

Oh and Gareth i have never lost any data in all my years of PC gaming about 20 in fact so im not sure what you do with yours but if you are worried save to a memory stick.

Please dont take what i said as a hatred of pc gamers i have no hatred for pc gamers or pc gaming at all.

BTW: I am not a pc gamer just so everyone knows i perfer ps3 once again no offence to pc gamers.

I was just trying to say that pc gamers who play online are saceptable to being hacked having or getting a pc virus or having their computer crash and so on it wasnt an attack on pc gamers at all.

BTW: My psn username is collingwoodfc36 feel free to add me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back