AFL Live App - Streaming matches this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you can really argue with the pricing.

$5 if you're caught short or just want to grab one game. $10 a month for everything or $50 for the season.

AFL Live Official App: is free to download and from the start of the premiership season fans will be also access live score updates, radio broadcasts of the games, team lists and player profiles, match previews and post-game previews all free and unmetered for 4G and Next G® customers available from the start of the 2012 AFL premiership season in market place and the app store. Charges may apply when downloading the app

AFL Live Monthly Pass: $10 per month for LIVE streaming of every AFL match in the month, full match replays on demand, and AFL TV channel. Customers will also get the first month free when they subscribe to the monthly pass.

AFL Live Season Pass: $50 for LIVE streaming of every AFL match for the season, full match replays of every game, AFL TV and coverage of the Brownlow Medal and finals series.

AFL Live Game Pass: $5 per game for LIVE streaming of an AFL match on mobile and tablet devices.
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=130383&utm_medium=RSS

Set up your iPad to stream to Apple TV or Boxee (or other device) and you've got all the matches for $50. If you're inclined you could also record them for later use.

Will wait to see what the quality is.

FOXTEL from Telstra: Value Package at $77 per month for the first 6 months (then $92 per month for the remaining 6 months) gives you 6 months free access to Sports (including Fox Footy channel) or Movies, plus free standard installation and an AFL season pass to AFL Live on your compatible Next G® or 4G mobile or tablet. The minimum package cost plus a one off $150 equipment fee is $1,164 over 12 months and is available to customers with an eligible Telstra service, such as a Post-Paid Mobile, BigPond Cable Broadband or home phone on a Telstra Single Bill.

Does this apply to pre-existing customers?!

I unfortunately just locked in for 12 months with optus (AD would not be pleased with me). It didn't say that users on other networks couldn't use it so I downloaded the ap. Unfortunately, while it will work, you need to turn off your wireless. My optus 3g isn't good enough, and I don't get enough data to be able to use it which is a little sad.

I subscribed to a season pass already the quality on my iPad is ok but not brilliant. Worth it for 50$ though.

I unfortunately just locked in for 12 months with optus (AD would not be pleased with me). It didn't say that users on other networks couldn't use it so I downloaded the ap. Unfortunately, while it will work, you need to turn off your wireless. My optus 3g isn't good enough, and I don't get enough data to be able to use it which is a little sad.

Ugh. Have to be on Telstra. I would happily pay if they allowed wifi. I wouldn't want to use 3G even if I had a Telstra account.

Telstra Next G® customers who have downloaded the AFL Live Official App may also be able to access additional content by purchasing one of our premium offers:
• $5 AFL Live Game Pass which gives you access to a game of your choice LIVE
• $10 AFL Live Monthly Pass which gives you access to every game LIVE and AFL TV, as well as full match replays in case you miss the game
• $50 AFL Live Season Pass which gives you unlimited access to LIVE games, full match replays and AFL TV for twelve months

I can't for the life of me understand the relationship that the AFL has with Telstra.

Why neglect 50%+ of their customers by restricting access to their services? Absolutely does my head in.

Telstra Next G® customers who have downloaded the AFL Live Official App may also be able to access additional content by purchasing one of our premium offers:
• $10 AFL Live Monthly Pass which gives you access to every game LIVE and AFL TV, as well as full match replays in case you miss the game
• $50 AFL Live Season Pass which gives you unlimited access to LIVE games, full match replays and AFL TV for twelve months

I can't for the life of me understand the relationship that the AFL has with Telstra.

Why neglect 50%+ of their customers by restricting access to their services? Absolutely does my head in.
Competition for an in demand commodity drives up prices?

The AFL gets a windfall from auctioning off the online rights, just like the TV rights.

Unfortunately, while it will work, you need to turn off your wireless.

This is really disappointing. I would consider getting a Telstra SIM for my iPad if you could use WiFi when you wanted. My connection speed over 3g is very poor. If its unmetered, why would they care if its 3g/4g or WiFi as long as you are their customer? Grrr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to get it to watch on my ipad, just closes as soon as you open it.

Evidently it is because I had wifi on but I don't even have a sim in my ipad. (I have 2gb of data a month on my phone so it is much better just to turn that into a wifi AP and 'wifi my 3g'.

That said though WTF would I want to stream via 3g when I have a perfectly good ADSL 2+ connection here that would handle it MUCH better?

FFS. Hating Telstra right now.

Any way I can watch footy overseas?!

liveafl.tv. this is far better quality than the Telstra mobile stream. You can but a HDMI converter for your iPhone/Pad and then stream onto your TV. quality is a bit scratchy though and the reliability of service has improved over the course of the pre season.

liveafl.tv cannot be used in Australia without using a Proxy service. You may have to set up a fake overseas Paypal service too.

The AFL needs to step up their game in relation to live streaming, probably the worst service of any professional sport in the world. :(

Depends on location, but for US...

LIVEAFLTV has stated that they have a wider selection of games this year. What that actually translate to is unknown yet, but last year they had 3 games per round, and ESPN3 (ESPN.COM) had three games.

ESPN.com is limited by the users internet provider - but they have a fairly large list.

LIVEAFLTV is 99 USD and ESPN is free.

I truely hope that LIVEAFLTV gets 6 games per round and ESPN the remainder.

I have also downloaded the APP but feel i will get no video functionality from it.

Let me know of any other options...

Go Catters.

Going by what's written on the other board the quality of the stream is absolute shit house. You can only stream over 3g which means constant dropouts, and if you hook it up to your tv, well, VHS has better quality

I don't think you can really argue with the pricing.

$5 if you're caught short or just want to grab one game. $10 a month for everything or $50 for the season.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=130383&utm_medium=RSS

Set up your iPad to stream to Apple TV or Boxee (or other device) and you've got all the matches for $50. If you're inclined you could also record them for later use.

Will wait to see what the quality is.
This thread is just a sad infomercial. Sponsored by whom...

I can think of a 153 million reasons why they might choose to do this.

I'd assume Telstra mate. But I think you've made your point.

At least you didn't quote me, SOR otherwise that would go too.

Chief needs a rocket up his arse to anything constructive but a lunch and a buck here or there for the Californians and bang. A new thread promoting what we all have enough skill to glean. Already.

Infomercial.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live App - Streaming matches this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back